Canada (Imagi-Nation)

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

shawno
E5

Re: Canada (Imagi-Nation)

Post by shawno »

What I would suggest is a Armd Cav regiment built around the Merkava, Namer (for close Armd Inf support) and a couple squadrons of the Stryker Dragoon as cavalry scouts. I would not mix them with Leopards. I would retire those, or put them in war stocks.

I would use the M-ATV as utility vehicles, force protection, or in a separate light cavalry organization (not ideal, but they are what I have) The CV90105 I will leave out as I agree they would complicate logistics with no real added value.

How many LAV III do you have, Mech?

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

8 LAV III's and 5 LAV III TUAs.

I use those CV90105s for another project.

Splod
E5

Post by Splod »

With what you've got on hand, I'd set up my regular units around the LAV-III and Leopards, with a newly raised armoured regiment (royal guard or the like) with the new equipment.

With what you've got on hand, I'd probably do something like:

Armoured Squadron
Squadron HQ - 2x Leopard 2
3x Armoured Troops - 4x Leopard 2 (each)

Cavalry Squadron
Squadron HQ - 2x Leopard C1, LAV-III C3 variant (Use the 5th TUA)
Armoured Reconnaissance Troop - 4x Leopard C1
2x Reconnaissance Troops - 4x LAV-III (each)
Reconnaissance Fire Troop - 4x LAV-III TUA

The new Israeli kit can then sit on the back-burner until you know what you want to do with it. You can either use the same kit to adapt to the above structure, or maybe even implement an entirely new force org? In my Asian Imagi-nation I took the opportunity to completely refresh my force-structures when a new Western power came on board to supply kit.
Little Metal Men: A story of a distracted wargamer

“A learning experience is one of those things that says, 'You know that thing you just did? Don't do that.”
- Douglas Adams

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

looks like I will have to pick up some Leapord's 2s and 1s from Legion IV Hire as USPS International shipping prices are getting ridiculous. Shawnos Stuff will be used in my second Imagi-nation project im working on.

shawno
E5

Post by shawno »

If you're building NC as a modern/ultra-modern force, why would you invest in obsolete kit such as a Leo 1?

Splod
E5

Post by Splod »

shawno wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:30 am
If you're building NC as a modern/ultra-modern force, why would you invest in obsolete kit such as a Leo 1?
I only suggested them on the basis that I thought they were currently in the stockpile? They may be obsolete, but a country that has just dropped big dollars on brand new Leo 2s would probably want to save money where possible. Recycling them into light armoured units seems like a fitting role for the aging cats! :D

“A learning experience is one of those things that says, 'You know that thing you just did? Don't do that.”
- Douglas Adams

shawno
E5

Post by shawno »

Splod wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:37 am
shawno wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:30 am
I only suggested them on the basis that I thought they were currently in the stockpile? They may be obsolete, but a country that has just dropped big dollars on brand new Leo 2s would probably want to save money where possible. Recycling them into light armoured units seems like a fitting role for the aging cats! :D
Sorry, I should have used quotes. My comments were directed at MC and his intent to procure additional Leo 1s, when he indicated he only has a troop or so worth of them currently, and will be receiving a regiment's worth of Merkava IV. The Leopard 2's are great, I unfortunately don't have any to pass on to him.

Perhaps he can set up a NCAF museum for the Leo 1, AVGPs, and Perhaps even the LAV III if he moves to Stryker Dragoon or the future GHQ LAV 6.

Splod
E5

Post by Splod »

I thought you might have been, but I figured I'd respond more to help out MC too :mrgreen:

To be honest, on reflection I'd probably move the Leo 1s into a dedicated 'OpFor' unit operated by the Canadian army for training purposes. Spot of Soviet green paint, with maybe even some big red crosses on the turret to indicate that they are OpFor? Would be a good use for any obsolete equipment really. Handful of M113s and maybe even a BMP1 or 2 or 3 picked up cheap off the second hand market?

- Douglas Adams

shawno
E5

Post by shawno »

Splod wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:51 am
I thought you might have been, but I figured I'd respond more to help out MC too :mrgreen:

To be honest, on reflection I'd probably move the Leo 1s into a dedicated 'OpFor' unit operated by the Canadian army for training purposes. Spot of Soviet green paint, with maybe even some big red crosses on the turret to indicate that they are OpFor? Would be a good use for any obsolete equipment really. Handful of M113s and maybe even a BMP1 or 2 or 3 picked up cheap off the second hand market?
That works too - with 6 Leo 1 he could simulate two Russian tank platoons.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

besides ground vehicles

Im in desperate need of modern ships and modern aircraft models as i did not have the chance to order any during this pandemic.

E5

Post by 7.62 »

Karmanaskis has acknowledged that it has a number of the former Canadian Navy Halifax class frigates in its possession.
The crews that wish to remain in Karmanaskis have been given leave to. Talks with NC took place about the return of the ships but the cost of removing the organics was deemed too much. The KDF is looking at the possible use of them. (Canada Post is no better than USPS Mech!).
Last edited by 7.62 on Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

shawno
E5

Post by shawno »

Imagicorp will be the defence contractor assisting MechCommander in bringing his new ground vehicles online & getting crews up to speed. Does the NCAF have an Armd or Cavalry school at current time?

Splod
E5

Post by Splod »

You're on your own there MC. It'll be a cold day in Hell before you catch this land-lubber at sea :P

- Douglas Adams

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Don’t send Merkava IV and Namers.
Streamline his stuff.
I did try to help out … more Leopard 1 and Lpd 2. Strykers are good for him IMHO.
He may or may not appreciate the gift.
Last edited by chrisswim on Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chris

Splod
E5

Post by Splod »

Sadly, my war stocks are all aimed at earlier periods otherwise I'd gladly try and help.

I think my newest equipment is all in use by the Kingdom of Ba'hai, and even that is limited to an armoured battalion of T-80U and a mechanised battalion of BMP-3 :roll:

- Douglas Adams