Canada (Imagi-Nation)

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

chrisswim
E5

Re: Canada (Imagi-Nation)

Post by chrisswim »

All those images portraying the F-35 were produced by RODwood, they make great movies, too.
Chris

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

Avro Canada has reached out to Boeing regarding their X-32 prototype that was used in the Joint Strike Fighter competition that the F-35 won, to see if that would make a suitable candidate for the RCN.

Hoth_902
E5

Post by Hoth_902 »

So let me get this strait,. You want to pass on the production aircraft that one the competition and choose the loser as your fighter choice. Understanding that it could still be cable....but the F-35 does have combat experience from the Israelites.
Quantity has a Quality all its own.

http://warriorbear.weebly.com/

E5

Post by 7.62 »

Mech is starting to align with some of the Karma ideas! This is dangerous!
Since this is now old tech.

Karmanaskis also rejected the F-35 but only after it was blocked from the project by US embargo.
We had gone to the trouble of putting a ski ramp on our first LHD (now being removed).
After the Boeing/Bombardier debacle, Karma intelligence used the opportunity to steal most of the X-32 program.
A flying X-32 prototype was built and flown in Karma in 2020. It was found to be more stealthy than the F-35 but overall less effective as a complete system.
Karma then modified the design dropping the vstol requirement to try to improve the design as a pure land based fighter. It was test flown for over a year with the KDF.
The result was a very S-75 Checkmate looking aircraft. This was before any photos of the S-75 had been seen!

The program was suddenly ended last November on the advice of the KDF Air Force.
The KDF may or may not be operating a small number of LO-VLO aircraft of a more capable design.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

Hoth_902 wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:30 am
So let me get this strait,. You want to pass on the production aircraft that won the competition and choose the loser as your fighter choice. Understanding that it could still be capable....but the F-35 does have combat experience from the Israelites.
Correct Hoth, even though the F-35 has combat experience but its constant mechanical issues its experiencing right now, renders it unreliable. The X-32 uses systems nearly identical to the Harrier Jump Jet, which makes it more reliable and easier to maintain. now I just need to find a X-32 STL to print off a good amount of them for the CF-32.

Hoth_902
E5

Post by Hoth_902 »

Where do you get your technical data from?

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

I get my info from Wikipedia.

Hoth_902
E5

Post by Hoth_902 »

Ugh.....

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

With news of Karmanaskis allying with the EE, efforts are underway to heavily patrol Vancouver Island and Mainland BC from this new development. Aircraft from the allied Outboard Islands nation will meet up with Aircraft from 19 Wing Comox and Aircraft from 1st RCN Carrier Wing which flew out from their Airbase in Halifax Nova Scotia to take part in this pacific patrol.

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Hoth, I apologize, I need to go into my post on Wikipedia of the X-32 to correct it. I provided over exaggerated technical data.
I apologize, my fault, I didn’t know Mech was going to do research on my post.
Urrrrgh!!
Chris

Hoth_902
E5

Post by Hoth_902 »

Lol...it's all good

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

You guys all should be aware that the best design with the most potential is not always the one selected. Politics often intervenes, as does a project officer's personal preference or the desire to keep a company afloat. I have read, for instance, that the X32 was the better design, but there were features in the Lockheed design had that X32 didn't. And Lockheed needed he business. Other factors intervene. Look at M1 tank. The Leopard II (AV) was late for its evaluation and there was prejudice for the American design, AND decision-makers had determined they WANTED the gas turbine engine rather than diesel that was used for both the LEO II (AV) and the GM prototype. Thus, the Chrysler proposal was chosen. It had the gas turbine. I still wonder about the gas turbine decision sometimes. I will be 3d printing GM M1 120mm tanks as soon as I resolve an stl issue.
All blessings flow from a good mission statement.
Pogo was right. So was Ike.
"A Gentleman is a man who is only rude intentionally." (Churchill)
Give credit. Take responsibility.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

panzergator wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:21 pm
You guys all should be aware that the best design with the most potential is not always the one selected. Politics often intervenes, as does a project officer's personal preference or the desire to keep a company afloat. I have read, for instance, that the X32 was the better design, but there were features in the Lockheed design had that X32 didn't. And Lockheed needed he business. Other factors intervene. Look at M1 tank. The Leopard II (AV) was late for its evaluation and there was prejudice for the American design, AND decision-makers had determined they WANTED the gas turbine engine rather than diesel that was used for both the LEO II (AV) and the GM prototype. Thus, the Chrysler proposal was chosen. It had the gas turbine. I still wonder about the gas turbine decision sometimes. I will be 3d printing GM M1 120mm tanks as soon as I resolve an stl issue.
Do you know where I can find a X-32 stl Panzer?

Hoth_902
E5

Post by Hoth_902 »

Panzer,

Full disclosure, I work in the aerospace industry so I am aware of the truth you speak. My comment has nothing to do with weather or not the x-32 would have been the better fighter or not. But, if we want to get down to brass tacks,. Production cost, on a cost per unit for a production run as small as his, would be astronomical. Then you have to take into account that there is teething pains that go along with a new design. Does the NC have the money to afford that follow on cost. Building a few great prototypes does not mean it will be better in reliabity. It could end up being worse in reliability to the F-35. Then there are spare parts. Being the only nation flying a f-32, as it would be called, the spares parts would be sparse. Once the production run for NC is done, the line shuts down and that is it. Not to mention saying a high tech aircraft like the f-32 would have alot in common as the harrier is just bullox.
Last edited by Hoth_902 on Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

Maybe your right Hoth the X-32 would not be a good aircraft to acquire, since I would have to produce a whole line from scratch from a failed competitor. looks like NC is out of the JSF program for good, unless Lockheed Martian can fix all the bugs on their F-35s to make it more reliable for NC use.