Canada (Imagi-Nation)

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

sorry I was a little busy so I could not take a picture, here let me edit that last post with ships and aircraft that I do have.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

So let me make sure I am understanding the situation. The ROD embarked a Canadian squadron on one of our carriers. That squadron mutinied and was ordered off the ship. Then a North Korean sub sank your transport and the ROD offered assistance. And now you would like to take over our carrier. Am I missing anything? I’m trying to figure out why you want to board us, and why you think you will survive.

Clearly, we are not going to stand down. We are patient people in the ROD, but if you try to board our ships we will kill you. No decent Navy in the world would surrender a carrier battle group to your ships. Nor would they allow a mutiny on their ship. Or allow foreign troops to search their ship for a port call.

But if you really want to fight, here is what we have in the Sea of Japan at the moment as Carrier Battle Group 7:

CV-7, RODS Fury. JFK Class Aircraft Carrier
CG-43, RODS Shepherd. Ticonderoga Class Cruiser (Mk 26)
DDG-102, RODS Musket. Arleigh Burke Class Destroyer
DDG-104, RODS Javelin. Spruance Class Destroyer
SSN-15, RODS Pike. Thresher Class Attack Submarine
AOE-97, RODS Cougar. Sacramento Class Fast Support Ship

Carrier Air Wing 3:
-VFA-12 Black Knights (12 x F/A-18C)
-VA-18 Tigers (12 x A-6E)
-VFA-35 Ace of Spades (12 x F/A-18C)
-VS-41 Trojans (8 x S-3B)
-HCS-5 Warriors (8 x SH-60F)
-Det A / VAQ-10 Bandits (4 x EA-6B)
-Det A / VAW-25 Eagle Eyes (4 x E-2C)

There are pics of these ships and aircraft on the ROD website.

We do not delight in the shedding of blood, but if provoked we will use every weapon at our disposal to destroy your ships. Please also consider that attempting to board our ships is an act of war and we will take the fight to your homeland. We have no interest in occupying Canada, but we will certainly use air and naval power to destroy your ability to interfere with our business.

Our recommendation is that you turn around and take your ships and crews back to Vancouver. We have no interest in meddling with your journey.
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

The Sea kings altered course to pick up the survivors and bring them on board the Nabob for the return trip to Canada the rest of the Canadian Navy ships followed suit.

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Message to Canada from the Commonwealth
. As we understand it, Canada might be in the market for some F-14 and F/A-18. We have both available for sale. Of course you can buy from the US in the bone yards. Work them up, find parts (from us), spars for strengthening the planes (buy from us). Or you can buy refurbished aircraft here. We have financing available. Updated F-14 are 39 of them. F/A-18 we have over 60 of various models, A, B, C, D. Paperwork and documentation available on each aircraft.
. The Commonwealth is hunting for North Korean submarines. We lost a cargo ship with people on board and valuable supplies for our bases in Nuvuut and Thule, Greenland.
Chris

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

That Message from the Commonwealth of Chrisdom has been intercepted by CSIS, they believe it could a attempted cyber attack.

Canada will buy new F-18s from Australia, and new F-14 air frames from the US.

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

Redleg,

1. Find the bast***ds and pile on! (George Patton III's standing order to 11th ACR in Vietnam.
2. TANSTAAFL! (Robert Heinlein)
3. Never give a sucker an even break!
4. Speak softly and carry a big stick! (TR)
5. Stop talking and start shooting!

The guy threatened you, for Pete's sake! You don't owe him an explanation for blowing him out of the water! He didn't have to pull alongside and attempt to board you, but now that he has, WHAT IS THERE TO TALK ABOUT? Line up all those Paladins and M203s on your carrier decks and FIRE! Initiative and surprise are really effective combat MULTIPLIERS!
Last edited by panzergator on Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
All blessings flow from a good mission statement.
Pogo was right. So was Ike.
"A Gentleman is a man who is only rude intentionally." (Churchill)
Give credit. Take responsibility.

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

Some imagi-nations are just getting far too truculent and there is no point in taking any s**t from 'em. The point of having arms is to discourage jerks from annoying you, but if they insist, they don't deserve any more patience than the guy next to you at the diner who reaches for YOUR steak! Stab him with your fork, ask the waitress for a clean fork, and continue your peaceable meal.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

But I really do like Canadians!

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

I'm sure the ROD must understand Canada does not tolerate the CofC nor will we ever cooperate with them, that was the factor that lead to the Canadian personal protesting on the Fury. if relations must be restored the ROD must cut ties with the CofC.

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

Yes, but how can they be trusted if they land on your carrier as a friend and then impede you operations. The HONORABLE way is to apologize to the shop captain and inform him that they must leave the shop as quickly as possible. Military personnel do not engage in political protest save by fighting the enemy. They came aboard the carrier under honorable conditions and should have, indeed, we're obligated to leave that way.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

Officials from Australia, and New Zealand have arrived in Ottawa to discuss a Joint Military Partnership with the Unified Canadian Government, the goal is to establish a Multi National task force that will respond to threats from not only the Evil Empire but potentially the CofC who are using ROD bases in the Pacific.

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

If I were Australia and/or New Zealand, I would be careful for a couple of reasons.
1. Canada indicates that I am using ROB air and naval bases. I am not, although they did make a generous offer.
2. Canada facilitated a de facto mutiny on a ROD Air Craft Carrier, then tried to land on it with marine and assault team to take the ship to take over the ship for purposes unknown at this time. Canada may do it to you to.
3. The Commonwealth was in Canada prior to the unification, help to facilitate the unification and avoid a dictator.
4. Canada did invade the USA in Alaska, assuming that Canada wanted to leave the US. Not sure where they got that idea from. They just wanted to take over, Canada has attitude of hegemony.
Chris

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

The ROD understands that Canada does not like the CoC. Diplomacy is sometimes a messy business and you don't have to get along well with everyone. The ROD maintains diplomatic relations with both India and Pakistan, and they don't get along too well.

The ROD will maintain its relationship with the CoC. We like the CoC and we have a very cooperative relationship with them. And even if we didn't like them, we would still offer air bases if they were going to engage North Korea, because they are a larger threat than the CoC.

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

...keep your friends close. Keep your enemies closer....
Find something that you can agree on, that 1%. Then build on that.
Chris

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

About 2500 meters ought to do it...