Canada (Imagi-Nation)

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

MechCommander
E5

Re: Canada (Imagi-Nation)

Post by MechCommander »

Our intent is nearly the same with the first batch of Horizons once they come online will be sent to our RCN Pacific Fleet base in British Columbia first, and then the other batch for the RCN Atlantic fleet in Halifax. The first ship slated to be built is HMCS Halifax to replace the lead ship in the old Halifax class that got sunk in the War.

E5

Post by 7.62 »

My understanding is the Type 45 and the Horizon are almost one and the same bird.
The UK left the Horizon program due to "different requirements" (BS from what I saw, there could have been different versions as in Type 26 program).
The real reason was the fight over who would build what and where. SNAFU jobs for the boys.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

7.62 wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:22 am
My understanding is the Type 45 and the Horizon are almost one and the same bird.
The UK left the Horizon program due to "different requirements" (BS from what I saw, there could have been different versions as in Type 26 program).
The real reason was the fight over who would build what and where. SNAFU jobs for the boys.
Well the reason I’ve picked the horizon is mostly due to a lack of a proper model for the Type 26, and the horizon was close enough to suit the job.

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Post a picture of it. Might be a good one to pick up.
Chris

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

After a week of deliberations and reviews for potential UAVs the RQ-2 Pioneer was selected to be deployed on the NCFSC vessels when they come online.

The Drafting process is expected to be done by the end of this month with construction of the first of the Two classes is scheduled to be carried out by April.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

After a years worth of efforts by both New Canada and the Pan Oceanic Pact all forms of Cannabis and Hemp is now officially removed from NC. what former Cannabis production and crop sites that NC had years ago but never came online at all, will be converted to produce Canola and food crops instead and the farmers will be compensated for the switch.

E5

Post by 7.62 »

From Bella Bella in the West to Provost in the East, a Hemp curtain has descended across the Continent.

Behind that line lie all the cities of the ancient lands of Central and Eastern Old Canada. Crotch Lake ON, Dildo NL, Saint-Louis-du-Ha! Ha! QC, Urin SK and Lower Economy NS all these famous towns and the populations around them lie in what I must call the cat nip sphere, and all are subject, in one form or another, not only to Mech influence but to a very high and in some cases increasing measure of control from Grande Prairie.

Sum Guy Mick, Karmanaskis.
1st April 2023.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

There has been a delay in the drafting process before finalizing the building of the new NCFSC ships mainly the problem stemmed from the Reduced Radar Cross section. As neither shipyards has built such a vessel with that feature before. meanwhile Seaspan shipyards in Prince Rupert BC has joined in on the NCFSC project.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

Given the poor performance of the CF-35s as reported by the RCN 10th Experimental Squadron during the campaigns in Syria and Turkey and seen the recent losses the ROD Navy has suffered from their F-35s in that conflict too. The RCN has decided to pull the CF-35s out of service and order the two airframes to be scrapped. the NCAF has officially dropped out of the Joint Strike Fighter Program for good.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Not sure where you got your data on the ROD F-35s, but it wasn't from the ROD. The F-35s in ROD service have consistently maintained a higher kill ratio than other airframes in the ROD Navy and Air Force. There have been losses, but at a much lower rate than other fighters. The only ROD squadron that has a more impressive record than an F-35 squadron is the Navy's VFA-6 "Demons" and they fly F/A-18Es (VFA-6 is an elite squadron).

Post-war reforms in the ROD will include the acquisition of more F-35s, with the goal of eventually making that aircraft the primary fighter for all three services. That will take a while though, so the F-15s and F-16s will soldier on in the Air Force, and the F-18s will still be prevalent in the Navy and Marine Corps for a while.
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

redleg wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:47 am
Not sure where you got your data on the ROD F-35s, but it wasn't from the ROD. The F-35s in ROD service have consistently maintained a higher kill ratio than other airframes in the ROD Navy and Air Force. There have been losses, but at a much lower rate than other fighters. The only ROD squadron that has a more impressive record than an F-35 squadron is the Navy's VFA-6 "Demons" and they fly F/A-18Es (VFA-6 is an elite squadron).

Post-war reforms in the ROD will include the acquisition of more F-35s, with the goal of eventually making that aircraft the primary fighter for all three services. That will take a while though, so the F-15s and F-16s will soldier on in the Air Force, and the F-18s will still be prevalent in the Navy and Marine Corps for a while.
Ive been hearing on your website that some of your navy's F-35s had to ditch into the sea during the war. Plus our only 2 CF-35s that where operational had failed to achieve even a single kill throughout this whole war. This had made investors in the NCAF want to back out of the whole Joint Strike Fighter program due to this poor track record. So the decision is made to scrap the two CF-35s and pull out of the JSF program. surprisingly our CF-14s and CF-18s did very well in the war so they will be retained as are main naval fighters, the RCAF never adopted the CF-35 at all.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

I believe you are referring to the naval battle on February 26th, when the aircraft carrier Maelstrom was hit and set ablaze and was unable to recover her air wing. In that case, yes some F-35s ditched in the sea because they ran out of fuel.

Also, you need to remember that we are dealing in full squadrons in this war game. Your squadrons are 12 to 20 aircraft each. So yeah, when I resolve combat for each turn I ignore 2 random fighters in your 4th Wing.

It's fun to provide some political and economic back-story for our wargames though, so by all means, interpret the data as a poor track record.
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

Hoth_902
E5

Post by Hoth_902 »

Ugh..... Double ugh..
Quantity has a Quality all its own.

http://warriorbear.weebly.com/

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

redleg wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:18 am

Also, you need to remember that we are dealing in full squadrons in this war game. Your squadrons are 12 to 20 aircraft each. So yeah, when I resolve combat for each turn I ignore 2 random fighters in your 4th Wing.
Ok I’ll remember that next time.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

Hoth_902 wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:26 am
Ugh..... Double ugh..
Its New Canada Hoth, things work differently.