Pete's Place

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

pmskaar
E5

Re: Pete's Place

Post by pmskaar »

Here is the IJN Shinano that I painted for the GHQ catalog a few years ago. This was my first painted aircraft carrier and I was trying to figure out how to do the deck markings.

My friend, Tanner Simmons, aka WWII Central, had created a decal for the deck markings and sent a couple to me. I admit I messed up the first one but the second one came out okay. That sure made things much easier than cutting and pasting to get the various markings I was looking for. Now we have Flight Deck Decals and things are much easier.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Damn Pete! That carrier is gorgeous! Once again I am blown away by your work!

Just curious, do you collect / play in all the genres you model? or did you do some ships and planes specifically for the catalog and you don't necessarily collect them. Do you do other non-GHQ miniatures or other scales?

I'm waiting for the Pete Skaar museum to open so I can come take a look in person!
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Here is a GHQ KV-1 going over a CinC bridge. I added bridges to my European Terrain Maker streams about 2 1/2 years ago and took a few photos of the completed bridges both with and without vehicles on them.

Hoth_902
E5

Post by Hoth_902 »

Truly inspiring work sir. Keep sharing.
Quantity has a Quality all its own.

http://warriorbear.weebly.com/

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Thank you both very much, Redleg and Hoth! I appreciate it.

Here is the GHQ stone bridge that I painted at the same time as the CinC bridge. I have a pair of GHQ M4A1s crossing it.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Great looking tanks and terrain Pete! I love the river - is the water just paint, or did you use that fancy epoxy stuff to make the river?

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Thanks very much, Redleg.

The water is just paint with a gloss clear coat over the top. For the color, I used 2 shades of old Polly Scale Luftwaffe Greens. It is too bad I can't get Poly Scale paints any more.

Here are a couple more river/stream/ bridge pictures.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Thanks for the info Pete! As usual, you make it sound so easy! That hex with the ford site is awesome!!!

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Thank you very much, Redleg! Believe me, it is harder for me than it might appear.

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Here are a couple pictures of some of my T-34s. I love the T-34 and GHQ makes a just about all of the different models that were produced.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Beautiful tanks Pete! I'm in the midst of painting a pack of T-34 / 85s and now I feel like I need to strip them and start over! LOL

Olfarty

Post by Olfarty »

Pete

I should add here, that, in the years before, and the months since I tried to join in on the forum, I have been 'salivating' over your work!

Indeed, I have been forced to re-think some of my efforts to attempt to emulate your skills!!!!

Olfarty

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Thanks very much, Redleg! I appreciate it. I look forward to seeing your T-34/85s when they are ready.

Thank you very much for that, Olfarty! I enjoy seeing your stuff here on the Forum and it is very well done.

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

I am in the process of adding more tanks to my Afrika Korps as I am short some short barreled Panzer IVs and Panzer IIs. I finally finished up 3 Panzer IVF1s and 5 Panzer IIs to add to my existing forces. The decals are by Flight Deck Decals. I am using a single digit tactical number as used by 15th Panzer Division. I had to carefully cut out the number from the 3 digit set.

I will be running a Mein Panzer game at Sand Wars here in Mesa, Arizona in May.

Here are the Panzer IVs.

Hoth_902
E5

Post by Hoth_902 »

Awesome work. Love your terrain, makes me want to get the hexes, but I will refrain.
Quantity has a Quality all its own.

http://warriorbear.weebly.com/