Pete's Place

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

pmskaar
E5

Re: Pete's Place

Post by pmskaar »

Hi Hoth

Thanks very much! I will continue to post here. I have more coming in the next couple days.

foxbat
E5

Post by foxbat »

Thanks for sharing. All these planes are great, I really like your Sparviero a lot. About perfect IMO. :D

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Thank you very much, Foxbat! That one took me a very long time but I was happy with the way it turned out. I had to really come up with some creative ways to do things on that one including the fuselage stripe, engine cowlings, and had to cut and paste some of the decals.

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Here are a few of the ships that I painted for GHQ. I have lots of 1/2400 WWI and WWII ships by GHQ but unfortunately most are not painted....yet. I have been busy over the last few years painting more vehicles and infantry for my land forces. One of these days I will get some more ships painted.

Japanese Light Cruiser Kuma

American DE Evarts

Italian Heavy Cruiser Pola

British Merchant Ship Otaio

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Very nice. Just notice the bi-plane at the bow of the ship for more lift.
Excellent painting.
Chris

foxbat
E5

Post by foxbat »

Thanks for sharing, these are terrific. Incredible work on the Pola : the forecastle barber shop stripes are not that easy to render, but I the work on the floatplane is simply astounding. 8)

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Fantastic work on the aircraft and ships Pete! So you are to blame for my micro armor addiction! Looking through the catalog back in the day and seeing all the awesome models convinced me that I could make mine look like that too. Yet several decades and thousands of dollars later I'm still chasing the Pete Standard!

Holy smokes on the Pola! Are the striping on the ship and the floatplane decals?
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Thank you very much, Chris, Foxbat, and Redleg.

Foxbat, the stripes on the floatplane are actually decals that I took off of some British tactical numbers and cut them. Although a lot of work, for me it was better than trying to paint them in and get them all straight and even.

Redleg, I am most happy to be the cause of your Micro Armor addiction. Thank you very much. I think I am still chasing the Pete standard as well .... whatever that may be. LOL!

foxbat
E5

Post by foxbat »

Even more awesome! Cutting these minuscule strips of decal and getting them in place deserves a lot of respect! :wink:

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Here is a picture of my HMS Warrior for the catalog.

Hoth_902
E5

Post by Hoth_902 »

Pete,

If I said it once, I will say it again... simply amazing. As for the "Pete" standard, I think we are all going to be chasing it... Thanks for the inspiration.
Quantity has a Quality all its own.

http://warriorbear.weebly.com/

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Thank you very much, Hoth! I am very happy you enjoy my work.

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Here are a few more of my WWI ships that I painted for GHQ and are in their catalog.

SMS Radetzky

SMS Tegetthoff

French BC Courbet

American Battleship South Carolina

The South Carolina was actually the first of a number of ships that I painted specifically for the catalog starting in 2010.

foxbat
E5

Post by foxbat »

Really inspiring stuff, Pete. 8)

The AH fleet makes for one of the most interestiing what ifs in the Med. When the Goeben sailed past the Adriatic, AH was still neutrral, but it was one of the strongest Allied concern that it could end up in Pola. That's why Troubridge squadron was guarding the mouth of the Adriatic... In the end, things ended up much worse than feared, as it sailed for the Dardanelles...

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Those ships are spectacular Pete!
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com