Pete's Place

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

pmskaar
E5

Re: Pete's Place

Post by pmskaar »

Thanks very much, Redleg! The Marder IIs do have kill rings on the barrels so I would think that will help them in their battles .... or not. Actually, for the Germans at least, having kill rings or not is a good way to denote their status in terms of their abilities. In Mein Panzer, units have ratings from conscript all the way to elite. Other rules have this as well. A vehicle with a large number of kill rings can be designated as an ace and get elite status while the others that have few or none could be designated to have lesser degrees of proficiency.

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Here are my British Morris trucks for North Africa. Who out there uses trucks and other non-combat vehicles in their games? I actually love painting trucks so have a fair number of German and British trucks with lesser numbers of Russian and American types.

BurtWolf
E5

Post by BurtWolf »

Great trucks Pete! I am a sucker for trucks, use them quite a bit. I like the variety so the mixed bag convoys, especially Germans using foreign trucks, appeals to me. Hate painting all those tires though... I just ordered a batch of the new Fiat 626s from GHQ, some destined as Wehrmacht paint ups.

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Thanks very much, Burt. Here are some pictures of my mid to late WWII German Trucks. It is an eclectic mix to be sure. I do enjoy painting trucks.

BurtWolf
E5

Post by BurtWolf »

Ooooooooo- truck envy!!! Looking excellent! I love those French trucks especially. You’d never see it but don’t you wish you could get some divisional emblems on those fenders?!
Thanks for sharing, those are masterfully done!

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Thanks very much, Burt! I do enjoy painting trucks. I will be adding some armored halftracks to my German forces in the near future. These will be Sdkfz 250 and 251 types for mid to late war. Right now I don't have any.

Pete

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

YES!!! Love the trucks, Pete! They're such an important part of the total force. Nicely done as always!
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

PolishGI
E5

Post by PolishGI »

Those are awesome Pete. Well done!

Trucks were the workhorse for everything to move forward in the desert.
Image Charlie don't surf!
"Don't do things by half."
GHQ BUILD THREAD

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Thanks very much, Redleg and Polish GI! I do enjoy painting trucks and hope to get back to doing more eventually. Right now I have Shermans, German halftracks, more Panthers in the lineup. I will also be adding to my Arab-Israeli and Cold War stuff soon as well.

Pete

Begemot
E5

Post by Begemot »

Pete -

Subotai: "What is best in life, o' Great Khan?"

Genghis: "Seeing your enemies' trucks fleeing before you and hearing the lamentation of their REMFs. That is best in life."

Great stuff, Pete. Trucks are cool.

Begemot
The summer grasses.
For many brave warriors
The aftermath of dreams.
--- Basho

Please visit my website "Lair of the Begemot": (https://lairbegemot.blogspot.com)

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

The Begemot word of the day is .... "Truckroaches". Thanks very much, Begemot! Also a great quote in a more modern setting.

Pete

PolishGI
E5

Post by PolishGI »

pmskaar wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:44 am
I will also be adding to my Arab-Israeli and Cold War stuff soon as well.
So often over looked and so cool to look at and follow. Let us know when and I will make sure Im ready with the soft/hard drinks and popcorn!
GHQ BUILD THREAD

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Here are some pictures of part of my British Sherman squadron for NW Europe that I completed in 2005.

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Here are some Sherman IIs for my British North Africa forces.

PolishGI
E5

Post by PolishGI »

Those look awesome Pete!

Always get a kick out of looking for the side panels added by the British. The NA Shermans look great with the pattern to break up the silhouette.
GHQ BUILD THREAD