Pete's Place

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

Beagle
E5

Re: Pete's Place

Post by Beagle »

HEY, Pete’s back! Excellent work, the decals really add to the overall look, they are well done.

Extra Crispy
E5

Post by Extra Crispy »

Lovely work as always Pete.

As for your hexes, yes the gaps always put me off the GHQ hexes. I have a set of Hexon which I really like, for when I want a hexed playing field. They sell them flocked as well as in naked plastic, so you can do your own. But they are quite pricy (bought mine second hand from a friend). They also have nice little clips to hold them all together nice and tight.

I might consider going for laser cut hexes if I were inclined to do them myself. That way they'd fit perfectly. You could get them cut out of foamcore or similar. There are inexpensive cutters like Cricut that would do the job.
Mark Severin
Owner, Scale Creep Miniatures
Author DeepFriedHappyMice.com

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Wow Pete! Those are awesome!
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

Begemot
E5

Post by Begemot »

Pete - Well done halftracks. Your usual high standard work. More!

Begemot
The summer grasses.
For many brave warriors
The aftermath of dreams.
--- Basho

Please visit my website "Lair of the Begemot": (https://lairbegemot.blogspot.com)

PolishGI
E5

Post by PolishGI »

Excellent work as usual Pete!
Image Charlie don't surf!
"Don't do things by half."
GHQ BUILD THREAD

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Thanks very much, Beagle, Extra Crispy, Redleg, Begemot, and Polish GI! It felt good to get something done again finally. I admit to being in a bit of a painting funk the last few months but I am getting back to doing more.

BurtWolf
E5

Post by BurtWolf »

Yep - halftracks look very good Pete. Well done.

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Thank you very much, Burt!

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

I am working on a bunch of Panthers right now to add to my mid and late War German forces. I am covering the whole gamut eventually and have some Panther Ds, As, and Gs in various stages. Right now, I am working on the camo for these which for me is a somewhat tedious but rewarding process. After that will come the detail work. The models are by GHQ with the exception of my Bergepanther D by 2D6. It is a lovely model as are the GHQ.

Here are a couple pictures.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Those are great looking tanks, Pete! I'm always blown away by your camo patterns, they look amazing!
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

Begemot
E5

Post by Begemot »

Pete - That's what I like to see: a new crop of Panthers ripening on the vine. Looking good.

Begemot
The summer grasses.
For many brave warriors
The aftermath of dreams.
--- Basho

Please visit my website "Lair of the Begemot": (https://lairbegemot.blogspot.com)

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Awesome job Pete, I’m always blown away at how you pull of that version of German camo.

Hoth_902
E5

Post by Hoth_902 »

That is amazing work. Since Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery I am going to give that same camo a go on some Panthers and PZIVs. hope I have the same result.
Quantity has a Quality all its own.

http://warriorbear.weebly.com/

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Thank you, Redleg, Begemot, Beagle, and Hoth! I appreciate it very much.

As I stated, this is a somewhat laborious process for me but I am happy with the results so I do it anyway. Remember, with German WWII vehicle camouflage, there is a lot of latitude but some looks better than others. So many variations.

Hoth_902
E5

Post by Hoth_902 »

Its easy to see why it would be so laborious, but the results are worth it. I like the variety in paint schemes. I am a huge fan of not having all the vehicles in my collection look the same and were possible, like to put variations. I think I am going to give this pattern a try on a few tanks.. That way if it does not work out, or takes too long, I am not having to undo a ton of vehicles. Please post more pictures of the process as you add more detail. Seeing peoples models progress from begging to end is neat to watch.
Quantity has a Quality all its own.

http://warriorbear.weebly.com/