Pete's Place

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

redleg
E5

Re: Pete's Place

Post by redleg »

Amazing work Pete! The camo on your Germans is pretty awesome! And I am taking great interest in your Shermans too - your post is very timely as I recently ordered a pack of M4A3E8s to kick of my Korean War project. Thank you for the inspiration!
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Thanks very much, Redleg! I do appreciate your kind words.

I did paint up 3 M4A3E8s so far. Here is a picture or two. These models are a bit earlier GHQ but fit in quite well with GHQ's newer M4 75 series.

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

The 75 mm looking tanks look great with shading and insignia. Excellent!
The 76mm look poor, you don’t want’em any more. BTW, I need some lousy looking 76mm Sherman’s, so send them to me at ….
Chris

Mortis57
E5

Post by Mortis57 »

Looking good Pete. It's amazing how the change in angles (to my eyes at least) appears to change the colour of the Shermans.

Hoth_902
E5

Post by Hoth_902 »

Got here, late to the game. Pete, Bravo. Your stuff is amazing.
Quantity has a Quality all its own.

http://warriorbear.weebly.com/

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

Your stuff is fantastic, Pete. Post the Panthers you're showing on Facebook, too.
All blessings flow from a good mission statement.
Pogo was right. So was Ike.
"A Gentleman is a man who is only rude intentionally." (Churchill)
Give credit. Take responsibility.

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Thanks very much, Gazza, Hoth, and Chris! I appreciate it.

Yes, Gazza, different angles sometimes make things appear differently in my pictures at least. Sometimes the light, the same light, will give things a more yellowish cast while a different picture will not have that. I admit that I am not a professional photographer and some pictures turn out better than others. I do end up discarding a bunch as well.

Hoth, I have a wide range of projects I am currently working on. The Panthers are nearly done and some Tigers and Italian M13/40s are awaiting me. There are a number of other things that are catching my attention as well such as beefing up my British for NW Europe, Barbarossa vehicles for my Russians and Germans, and finishing up some other projects. I will keep you and everyone else posted here.

Chris, I am almost done with the Panthers. I should be done either today or tomorrow with the final touches. I will definitely post them to your facebook page. And.... as ugly as those M4A3 76s may look to you, you are still not getting them. LOL! Much appreciated by the way.

Hoth_902
E5

Post by Hoth_902 »

Pete,
Ugh.. I too have too many projects.. However, I hamper progress by trying to put too much detail in. Take my Panzer IIIs.. Probably what I have done so far is more than enough.. I should seal them, decal if they will fit, put a wash over it and seal it again to complete the model.. Then, Sadly unlike yours, I never finish any of them before I get distracted on something else. I Just decided to strip my Tigers to paint them in a Dark Yellow base coat... LOL... ugh.. ADD is a dangerous thing in this hobby.. Thanks for posting all that you have and will. Its a great inspiration.

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

And, hey, you guys. Don't forget. You need more tanks.
All blessings flow from a good mission statement.
Pogo was right. So was Ike.
"A Gentleman is a man who is only rude intentionally." (Churchill)
Give credit. Take responsibility.

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Yes, Panzergator, we always need more tanks. I have many still to paint and get on the game table one of these days.

Hi Hoth! I do tend to put lots of detail work in my minis as well. I too have a lot of projects that need finishing and am trying to get some if them completed before I allow myself to get distracted by more new projects. I have had a lot of projects languishing for years.

On a plus note, I am almost done with the Panther Ds and the Tiger Is will get more attention soon. After that, I am not too sure. There is a game convention here in the Phoenix area called Southwest Con that I will be attending and hosting a game (or two) of Mein Panzer. I may need to give some more attention to my North Africa forces as I will use that as the setting for the scenario I am running. I actually have enough models for the scenario but running a game gives me incentive to do more.

Here is a North Africa game I ran a few years ago at the local game store, Imperial Outpost.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Pete, your terrain and vehicles look awesome! When is Southwest Con? I wonder if I can make it over to Phoenix for it? I would be afraid to touch your stuff though - it's museum quality so I feel like I would need to be hands-off!
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Hi Redleg

Southwest Con will be October 7th and 8th in Tolleson, AZ. Tolleson is basically a suburb of Phoenix over on the SW side of town along the I-10. There is a Southwest Con Facebook Page you can check out.

And..... If you make it on over, you are certainly welcome to play in my games. I know it is a bit of a haul from CA.

Hoth_902
E5

Post by Hoth_902 »

Pete,

Its hard, GHQ put the detail there for a reason, right? Ugh.. Just need to learn where to draw the line and say done is done. LOL

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Hi Hoth

That is a big question when painting GHQ miniatures. Since the detail is there, how much do we try to paint. I paint almost all of the details on these including the tools etc. How much do people really notice? I don't know but I guess I paint it because it is there.

I do not always put antennas on my vehicles. It is a bit of fiddlyness that I am not always wanting to do. It seems that the antennas need to be replaced more than I care to do. My German vehicles don't have added antennas for that reason. I might consider doing it for some command vehicles however.

Flight deck decals have added a lot of decals to their armor line over the last couple years. I am anxious to try some more of them out including the British unit markings, bridge classifications, and tactical symbols plus American tank nicknames for my next batch of Shermans.

So much to do. On a positive note, the Panther Ds are just about done.

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

My 7 Panther Ds are finally done! I just need to pop them off the nails. I finished gluing the turrets on this morning. I am pretty happy with the way they turned out even though it took a very long time to get them finished.