Pete's Place

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

BurtWolf
E5

Re: Pete's Place

Post by BurtWolf »

That BMP is just superb, love the model abs that excellent paint job - oh yeah and everything else too! That wildcat looks so realistic. Thanks for posting such great work!

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Thank you very much, Burt! I was very happy when GHQ re-sculpted the T-62 and BMP-1. They brought them up to their new, excellent standards. I had some of the old T-62s and BMP-1s that I bought when I was at the Armor Officer Advanced Course at Ft. Knox in 1980-81. They were okay then but there is no comparison of those with the newer models.

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Here are some pictures of some Modern U.S. vehicles that I painted for GHQ. Back in early 2011, I painted the MRAP Command for the picture on the box.
Here are the Cougar 4x4 and 6x6, and the M-ATV.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Those are fantastic Pete! Whatever you do to them makes the detail really pop out!
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Thanks very much, Redleg! I did the detail work on these and then added a dark brown wash. Once I was completely happy with the wash, I went back and did some subtle highlights on the raised details to make things pop a bit more. I added some "dust" and put on some Dullcoat as an almost final step. The final step was to put a light gloss on the windows and windshields to give them a slight sheen.

BurtWolf
E5

Post by BurtWolf »

Stunning! My favorite of this grouping is the 6x6.

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Thanks very much, Burt!

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Here are a couple of my WWI ships. I have a pretty good collection of unpainted GHQ British and German WWI vessels that will need some attention at some point. In the future, I plan to do Coronel and maybe the Falklands. Here are HMS Neptune and CB Indefatigable.

]Image

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Very nicely done. WWI ships always have unique “industrial” look to them. I guess that’s best way I can describe it. I’m working on Royal Oak right now, unfortunately due to a pretty nasty mold line I lost the portholes on the port side aft, the lip was just too big to leave it be and live with it.

PolishGI
E5

Post by PolishGI »

Great looking vehicles Pete!

Love the ships! Very well done!
Image Charlie don't surf!
"Don't do things by half."
GHQ BUILD THREAD

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Thank you both very much, Bill and Polish GI. I do admit that I very much like the look of WWI ships in general and do enjoy painting them.

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Here are my M4A1 Shermans. I have a total of 23 completed including 6 M4A1 76mm with the rest being 75mm. Among the 75mm M4A1s there are 5 of the 17 that have the 3 piece transmission covers and the rest with the later single piece cover. It gives a little variety to the unit.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

What a glorious sight!
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Thanks very much, Redleg! I will be adding some more Americans to my forces eventually.

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Here are my GHQ BTR-60s that I just completed yesterday. I will need to paint some Russian infantry pretty soon as I have a "battalion" each of BMP-1s, BMP-2s, and now BTR-60s. I need to add some Cold War Soviet tanks to the mix pretty soon as well.