Pete's Place

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

BurtWolf
E5

Re: Pete's Place

Post by BurtWolf »

Soviets look awesome - and familiar!

Never considered texturing my roads like that but that’s a very interesting idea, I was just painting them straight onto the hexes, with the gullies on either side. I’d like to hear your thoughts after you’re done to see what you would do and not do over again. Will you weather the sandpaper or throw a wash on it?

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Fantastic work Pete!
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Thank you both very much, Burt and Redleg!

I will offer a tutorial on my roads here in the forum and also maybe another place or two. The 600 grit sandpaper is very fine and with a bit of paint and sealer has virtually no problem with abrasion..

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Here are some pictures of my finished paved road hexes. I completed the junction hexes a few days ago and now can transition from paved road to dirt road and vice versa. I did not include any hills or wadis in the pictured layout.

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Good looking terrain Pete!

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Thanks very much, Bill!

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Here are a couple of Modern Chinese ships I painted for GHQ a few years ago. Here are the Jiankai II and the Taizhou. I am not really into modern naval myself but they were fun to paint. At the time I painted them, I had to cobble together some separate decals to create the deck markings and hull numbers.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Those are beautiful Pete! The windows on the bridge are amazing - is that the result of a wash, or did you actually paint the windows with a teeny tiny brush?
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Thank you very much, Redleg! The tiny little windows and portholes on these ships are all done with a wash.

BurtWolf
E5

Post by BurtWolf »

Those are really works of art, amazing stuff. Maybe you’ve done it somewhere before but for posterity sake you should post a step-by-step so we can realize what it takes. I know you in the past you have posted some of your how-to knowledge, wondering if you’ve done that with the micronauts? thanks for posting such wonderful work, it’s inspiring.

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Thank you very much, Burt! There are some very good ship painters on the Forum including Beagle and Begemot to name a couple. I will certainly consider giving my techniques for painting 1/2400 scale ships here at Pete's Place. I have not painted any ships for a couple of years now but have a large number of GHQ WWI and WWII ships to paint. Lately, I have been working on GHQ and H&R Modern infantry.

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Thanks Pete! Always ready to help.

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Thanks very much, Beagle! I'm sure there are many tips you can provide to help.

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

I have been working on Cold War Russian infantry the last couple of weeks or so. I now have 20 completed figures that I am getting ready to base them. Here are pictures showing 3 bases with 4 figures each plus some individual pictures taken while still mounted on nails. I applied some flocking to the individual bases and will add more flock once I glue the figures to the group base.

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Bump. There is too much spam on this folder.