Pete's Place

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

redleg
E5

Re: Pete's Place

Post by redleg »

Beautiful tanks Pete! And I am very excited to report that I just registered for Sand Wars and I signed up for your Cruisin' for a Bruisin' game on Saturday! I'm super excited - this will be my first gaming convention and I will get to see your tanks up close!
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Thanks very much, Hoth! I appreciate it.

Thank you very much, Redleg! I am really looking forward to meeting you while you are here. I definitely hope your trek will be worth it. I have not seen anyone sign up on the list yet but maybe it takes a day or two to update.

I am doing a couple of "practice" games at Imperial Outpost this month on the 13th and 27th to tweak the scenario and get some feedback.

Hoth_902
E5

Post by Hoth_902 »

I am so jealous of redleg will be able to take some of your pieces for a spin.
Quantity has a Quality all its own.

http://warriorbear.weebly.com/

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Thanks Pete! I'm looking forward to meeting you too, and I'm sure the trek will be very worth it!

Hoth, come down for the weekend! Tell your girl you have a business trip. I'll pick you up at the airport and we'll grab some pamphlets from the college engineering department for you to take back.

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Thanks very much, Redleg. I will do my best to make it worth your while.

Here are a few more pictures of a solo game of Mein Panzer I did last year. I am in the process of getting ready for Sand Wars in May and will be doing a couple games at Imperial Outpost which is an FLGS in Glendale in the West Valley. The first one will be Saturday, April 13th.

Here is an overview of the action on Turn 3.

A close-up of the German right flank as the Panzers engage in a long range gunnery duel.

Overview of the action on Turn 8. The casualties are mounting as the opposing forces are now at close range.

Crusaders on the move.

A top-down picture showing the effects if the close range fight on Turn 8.

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Here is my collection of M4A1 Shermans that I painted a couple years ago. There is a mix of 75s with both the 3 piece and single piece transmission covers and some with the bulged turrets and some with the applique armor. I also have some 76mm armed Shermans in the mix as well. I have a Company plus that is currently painted.

I have some of GHQ's recently released M4s to paint up one of these days.

rhabstclair

Post by rhabstclair »

Whoa… those are amazing Pete!

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Those Sherman’s are awesome!
Chris

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

VERY NICE!
All blessings flow from a good mission statement.
Pogo was right. So was Ike.
"A Gentleman is a man who is only rude intentionally." (Churchill)
Give credit. Take responsibility.

Splod
E5

Post by Splod »

Lovely! I like the mix of models too :mrgreen:
Little Metal Men: A story of a distracted wargamer

“A learning experience is one of those things that says, 'You know that thing you just did? Don't do that.”
- Douglas Adams

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Nice work Pete! I feel like I should be taking notes on your North Africa posts! Your Shermans look amazing!

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Thanks very much rhabstclair, Chris, Panzergator, Splod, and Redleg! I appreciate it.

It is hard to believe that just a few years ago I had hardly any painted American tanks in my collection and now I have over 2 Company's worth. I still need a lot of the other stuff like trucks, half-tracks, SP Artillery, and some Stuarts and, yes, more Shermans as well.

Here are some more pictures showing my M4A3 types including an early M4A3 w. drivers vision blocks, some M4A3 w. 76mm guns in both early and later T-23 turrets, and a couple of M4A3E8s. This is not the whole collection but some samples.

Splod
E5

Post by Splod »

I will never understand how you can tell Shermans apart! I can generally distinguish the 75mm, 76mm, 105mm and the IDF M50 and M51. But that's my limit :mrgreen:
Little Metal Men: A story of a distracted wargamer

“A learning experience is one of those things that says, 'You know that thing you just did? Don't do that.”
- Douglas Adams

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Hi Splod!

There are some Shermans that are easier to tell apart than others. Most Shermans had welded hulls except tor the M4A1. That had the cast hull with the more rounded hull.

What is interesting and neat for me is that GHQ actually makes most of the different Sherman types out there. No, they don't yet have a composite hull or the late M4A2 with the 76mm gun as used by the Soviets but they really do have most of them.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Those Shermans look amazing Pete!