Pete's Place

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

redleg
E5

Re: Pete's Place

Post by redleg »

Your Russian infantry looks amazing Pete! And then just when I think it can't get any better you add a ship! Fantastic work!
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Excellent job on Pola, did you do the anchor chains with paint or fine tip Sharpie?

BurtWolf
E5

Post by BurtWolf »

Lovely ruskis Pete - do you like the 2D6 quality?

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Thank you very much, Redleg, Beagle, and Burt!

Beagle, I painted the anchor chains with a fine brush.

Burt, I like the 2D6 but overall I like the GHQ figures better. 2D6 has some really nice poses and paint up very nice. The detail on the GHQ figures is sharper and more refined. Having said that, GHQ has some poses that are funky. The pose I like the least are the standing riflemen that just don't look quite right although I use some of them anyway. There are some others that could use a makeover as well but overall the sharp detail on the GHQ figures including faces is top notch. I will be using some more 2D6 figures. Some will be mixed with GHQ and some will be used in separate groupings. I have a strip of female Russian snipers as well as a kneeling officer with map and a radio operator that look great.

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Here are some old WIP pictures I took while working on the SM-79 for the GHQ catalog.

El Grego
E5

Post by El Grego »

A beautiful Sparviero! Decals or freehand on the numbers and insignia?
Greg
Two blogs - not much GHQ content, yet...

https://pewterpixelwars.blogspot.com/

https://minishipgaming.blogspot.com/

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

That's awesome! You sure that's 1/285 scale? Amazing detail and camo!
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

BurtWolf
E5

Post by BurtWolf »

OK Pete, now you’ve done it. Officially that one is my favorite of all your work. I love the lines on that airplane, and your paint job is so wonderful that I’m just dying to take a whack at painting some of those. If you were here I’d buy you a Genny Light and tip my hat.

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Pete, very nice Italian plane. It’s so nice the Commonwealth is taxing it as almost priceless art, so your tax bill is $567,000.17 USD.
Please remit funds directly.
Thank you.
Chris

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Thank you very much, El Grego, Redleg, Burt, and Chris! I appreciate it very much.

El Grego, most of the markings are decals except for the band around the fuselage which is mostly painted on. I used a couple of thin white decal stripes to outline it and painted the inside. The fuselage is pretty complex as far as aircraft go and a larger white decal would not have gone on quite right. I also used thin black stripes to outline the engine nacelles where I wanted the copper colored paint. The lettering on the sides of the fuselage was done with individual letter codes from I-94, one at a time. The cross on the tail was done by using thin white decal stripes again. I really don't trust my freehand ability on painting perfectly straight lines.

Burt, believe it or not, I have had Genesee Beer on several occasions back in the 90s. One of my cousins lived in Rochester and I visited with him on a few occasions back in the early 90s. I would also sometimes have it when I was at my Aunt's house not too far from Oneonta.

Yes, Chris, I know the SM-79 is state of the art military equipment for the Commonwealth. Sorry I had to steal your advanced technology to get it done. LOL!

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Here is the SM-79 as she appears in the GHQ catalog. Nicki from GHQ did a fantastic job with the picture.

nashorn88
E5

Post by nashorn88 »

I was sudden I want to buy one….lol

nashorn88
E5

Post by nashorn88 »

nashorn88 wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:28 pm
All of a sudden I want to buy one….lol

nashorn88
E5

Post by nashorn88 »

nashorn88 wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:29 pm
nashorn88 wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:28 pm
All of a sudden I want to buy one….lol
That’s amazing paint job.

BurtWolf
E5

Post by BurtWolf »

Ah yes, I see you’ve had the pleasure of drinking a pork chop in a can! A local favorite!