Pete's Place

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

Brigade Commander
E5

Re: Pete's Place

Post by Brigade Commander »

pmskaar wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:11 pm
Whoops, I just realized I had posted this particular German recon unit on here last year. Oh well.
Never hurts to show off the eye candy again. A year ago was sooo long ago! Nice work. As usual for you. :)
"It is a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the road and, if you do not keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to."

Bilbo Baggins to Frodo Baggins.

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Thanks very much, Brigade Commander! ......Again.

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Here is the HMS Prince of Wales that I painted for GHQ a few years ago.

BurtWolf
E5

Post by BurtWolf »

Pete - what can’t you paint??!! Those ships exude the same quality as your AFVs, such excellent work.

BurtWolf
E5

Post by BurtWolf »

I had the chance to go to Thailand for work in 2013 and visited an allied war cemetery and camp where the POWs were forced to work on the bridges over the river. Striking to see men’s headstones listing them as being stationed on the Prince of Wales, I presume they were rescued and then actually captured when Singapore fell... graveyard was beautifully kept of course abs it was very touching.

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Thank you so much, Burt!

That is a very interesting story about the survivors of the Prince of Wales. The same sort of tragedy happened to the survivors of the USS Houston which was sunk early in the War during the Battle of the Java Sea. I have had a book a few times in my store which tells of that story.

Pete

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Here are a few pictures of my aircraft. The first one is the Mitsubishi Betty, the second is the A-26 Invader, and the third is an Me-262.

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Fantastic work Pete. That’s one thing I haven’t tried from GHQ, is the aircraft.

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Thanks very much, Beagle! none of the aircraft I have ever painted are currently owned by me. I hope to change that in the future as I have a fair number of WWII aircraft and a few Modern aircraft and helicopters in my unpainted collection.

Here are a few more from the Modern era painted for GHQ and photographed by Nicki.

The MiG-29 at the bottom was my first attempt at doing aircraft in this scale. Probably the most frustrating part of painting 1/285th scale aircraft for me is putting on the decals. Aside from national markings, tail codes and other markings are not readily available and I had to do some cutting and pasting to get things to look reasonable. The Jolly Roger insignia on the F-14 was provided to me by Tanner Simmons aka WWII Central.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Fantastic work on the ship and the aircraft Pete! You're a triple threat: sea, air, and land. You're the Navy SEAL of micro armor!
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Ha ha, thanks very much, Redleg! I do admit that I am doing only land work right now but have lots of ships and aircraft to paint as well.

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Here is my IJN Shinano that I painted for GHQ a few years ago. The deck decal was graciously provided by Tanner Simmons rather than me having to cobble together some markings from miscellaneous decals.

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Very nicely done!

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Wow dude! That's a great looking ship!
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Thanks very much, Beagle and Redleg! I will post more of my ships and aircraft from time to time as well as my land based stuff.

Here is the USS Nevada as she appeared during WWI.