Pete's Place

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

Hoth_902
E5

Post by Hoth_902 »

Peter, I am curious how you did the camo layering, is it easy to make a little write up? Please keep posting, it inspires me.
Quantity has a Quality all its own.

http://warriorbear.weebly.com/

PolishGI
E5

Post by PolishGI »

Great pics Pete! I found the second thread and thought uh oh… lol

Hoth_902 wrote:Peter, I am curious how you did the camo layering, is it easy to make a little write up? Please keep posting, it inspires me.
Hi Hoth, when applying camo to German WWII vehicles (any for that matter), you have two options: one is a hard edged (explicit/defined bold lines) camo pattern and the other is a soft edged (lines are no longer defined and soft/blended) camo pattern. What Pete did on the Panthers is more of a soft edged camo pattern. After applying the lines with a green and brown, the next step is to drybrush the lines using a “stippling technique". You will be blending paint together (base along with camo line color) and dry brushing it over the initial lines. This breaks up the solid lines and gives you a blended, soft edged camo look.

I recommend hunting down and picking up a copy of the Vallejo Colours of War book. It gives you some great ideas to get going with color codes. Covers all WWII nations and then moves into the Modern day stuff.
Image Charlie don't surf!
"Don't do things by half."
GHQ BUILD THREAD

pmskaar
E5

Pete's Place

Post by pmskaar »

Thanks very much Hoth and Polish GI!

I will offer a camo tutorial in the near future. The Panthers are a soft edge type camo that I have developed over the last few years. I decided to paint by hand rather than airbrush since ultimately I have more control.

pmskaar
E5

Pete's Place

Post by pmskaar »

Here are some pictures of my Israeli M-48s and Magach 3s. The M-48s are a lighter shade of sand used in the '67 War while the Magach 3s are a bit darker sand as used in the '73 War.

Magach 3 #1: Image

Magach 3 #2: Image

Magach 3 #3: Image

M-48 #1: Image

M-48 #2: Image

M-48 #3: Image

Group Foto: Image

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Damn Pete! How do you do it? I mean, sure you share your modeling techniques and all, but there must be some magic involved here or something. Truly amazing work!
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Pete very nice, again. I will not kick you off today, okay.
Chris

Begemot
E5

Post by Begemot »

Pete - Good stuff here. In fact, double plus good. And good photos as well. Keep it coming.

Begemot
The summer grasses.
For many brave warriors
The aftermath of dreams.
--- Basho

Please visit my website "Lair of the Begemot": (https://lairbegemot.blogspot.com)

pmskaar
E5

Pete's Place

Post by pmskaar »

Here are some Egyptian T-54 tanks.

T-54Image[

T-54 singleImage

pmskaar
E5

Pete's Place

Post by pmskaar »

Some BMP-1s.

E5

Post by 7.62 »

Norm..... I mean Pete.
I just popped in to catch up and a Guinness too.
Great photos and center of inspiration.

Cheers, Mick.
Last edited by 7.62 on Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

Wondrous work, Pete. Please keep it up and show us.
All blessings flow from a good mission statement.
Pogo was right. So was Ike.
"A Gentleman is a man who is only rude intentionally." (Churchill)
Give credit. Take responsibility.

pmskaar
E5

Pete's Place

Post by pmskaar »

Redleg, Polish GI, 7.62, Chris, Begemot, Panzergator - Thanks very much to you all.

I fully intend to keep this thread going and posting pictures and maybe some discussion topics from time to time. I have lots of pictures to post and Begemot has been very kind to help me with getting this thing going.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

I feel like we need to buy Begemot a beer too! Thanks for getting Pete moving! You guys both have great work...very inspiring!

Pete, is all of your micro armor your own collection, or do you paint them for other people (or maybe for museums!)
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

pmskaar
E5

Pete's Place

Post by pmskaar »

Hi Redleg

All the pieces that I have shown so far, except for the Mi-8s, are in my personal collection. The Mi-8s were painted for my friend, Scott, as a commission for a Modern game he wanted to do.

I have also painted extensively for the GHQ catalog as well. There are a number of ships, aircraft, and vehicles in there that were done by me. I might consider listing them here sometime or maybe even just putting up the photos. Let me know if there is any interest in this and I will see what I can do.

Pete

Hoth_902
E5

Post by Hoth_902 »

Thanks PolisGI for the technique info. I am definitely going to have to look into the “stippling technique". I have only stuck to hard edges because of lack of knowledge. I love those panthers of Pete's. The camo pattern is awesome. Need to try it.

The modern vehicle pics are beautiful. Keep the great pictures and tips coming.
Quantity has a Quality all its own.

http://warriorbear.weebly.com/