2020-21 New Release Schedule

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

GHQ, Can the Colossus be used for the Majestic Subclass? So I can get HMCS Magnificent out of it?

kevinb

Post by kevinb »

Loving the Mi-26, that will be one big chunk of lead.

T-15 too, opens up lots of gaming scenarios.

WWIICentral
E5

Post by WWIICentral »

Some great WW2 items on the list! I’m looking forward to each of them!

whenimaginationfails
E5

Re: 2020-21 New Release Schedule

Post by whenimaginationfails »

An interesting list of modern ships. Lewis and Clark- class (T-AKE-1) is as unexpected as the Type 075 Landing Helicopter Dock was expected. All four are welcome.

BurtWolf
E5

Post by BurtWolf »

Cool stuff on the list, really happy about the sdkfz 252 and the Hetzer ARV. Kinda luke warm on the pzkw iv H but will grab a pack anyway. Thanks for some great choices GHQ - and appreciate you listening to us!!

regia-marina
E5

Post by regia-marina »

First I'd like to say how happy I am that GHQ has put out it's new list. We all want this company to remain strong and be able to maintain the high quality of it's products and to be able to continue adding to it's product lines. I always give preference to a GHQ model over the model of any other company as I have yet to find one that rivals GHQ for quality or customer service.

As someone who actively games both WW2 Micronauts and Microarmour, I much prefer releases that were actually used in combat or might have been with just a little more work on them (i.e. CV Graf Zeppelin, CV Aquila, etc.) Releasing a CV version of the Seydlitz while very cool is not something that was realistically going to be completed and I can't see using it in a game. I will pick one up and who knows, maybe it will get used. The CA version is what is far more realistic and is the one I have used in my wargames.

When I look at the 2 fleets that I game I see many gaps. As an example, the Spica class torpedo boats were heavily engaged in combat for the duration of Italy's participation in the war not to mention a slew of Italian destroyers such as the Folgore, Dardo, etc. MAS and E boats as well are missing. Setting up a game of Operation Pedestal is difficult without these models for example.

My two cents for GHQ is to focus on the gaps in the product lines of units that were actually used or at least close to being used. For many of us our wargaming time is limited and valuable and while "fantasy" models are cool, they are not really useful to wargamers such as myself. I will continue to post on both consolidated wish lists. Thank you GHQ!

pibber
E5

Post by pibber »

Thank you very much GHQ for getting the new site up and running and for announcing these new features ! :P
I'm particularly happy with the release of the LVT4 with Polsten gun :P , this will allow the crossing of the Rhine or the assault on the Scheldt river in Holland to be played ! Greeeaaaat ! Thank you very much GHQ ! :D (and because these devices were used a lot at the end of the war in Europe, so it was very interesting to be able to play an UK military unit equipped with this equipment)
French Laffly, Hetzer ARV, F6F Hellcat, M4A1 Sherman 75mm split commanders hatch, P-51D Mustang, Sdkfz 252 and T-34/76 1940 are very nice too for me ! :)
And about your website, I love it so much and I love the fact that I can select and see a picture of models before clicking on them. To me, your website is fluid, simple and practical. When it will have all of his categories completed, it will be perfect! Thank you very much for this great job !
(The forum seems to be better too, more efficient with less bugs, so, all is great for me :wink: ).

(very agree with "regia marina" : "For many of us our wargaming time is limited and valuable and while "fantasy" models are cool, they are not really useful to wargamers such as myself." :wink: )
Pibber.
(Long life to GHQ !)

Cav Dog
E5

Post by Cav Dog »

Another nice list from GHQ. It isn't a new list without at least one new Sherman variant. I was disappointed that there wasn't any new Cold War infantry. Plenty of holes in that line up. It's fine though because I have lots of infantry to paint. For now.
Tactics are the opinion of the senior officer present.

hussar62

Post by hussar62 »

I have the opposite opinion, and very much enjoy when GHQ branches out to provide us with some "never built" ships. The issue is that everyone will draw their "fantasy" line in a different location. Are Lions, and H-39's fantasy because they never got close to completion? Are the Montana's fantasy because they were never laid down? Or Gaff Zeppelin because it was never completed and used in action? GHQ did a model of each of these ships and as a wargamer I was very happy to have them because I enjoy "what if" scenarios.

I would not mind if GHQ exercised more of their creative talents and gave us additional Z plan ships, or even gave us speculative ships like a Bayern or Mackensen modified for WW2. How about a Dutch 1047, Japanese B64, or Amagi as a BC, fantasy maybe, but each was at least a paper design (or for Amagi actually laid down).

So where do you draw your fantasy line?
Tom

Brutzel
E5

Post by Brutzel »

Thank's :!:

Write a memo for shopping:
GHQ wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:21 am
W-124 T-15 Armata
GEN-27 CVL Weser, CA Seydlitz conversion to carrier
G-601 Sd Kfz 252 halftrack
W-126 KMT-5 mine clearer on T-55
N-643 EBRC Jaguar
G-603 Hetzer ARV

regia-marina
E5

Post by regia-marina »

hussar62 wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:48 pm
So where do you draw your fantasy line?
I don't believe there is a line to be drawn. All those models have a place and that is the beauty of our hobby, the what ifs. Perhaps I didn't articulate my preference clearly which is to see ships/vehicles that actually saw combat or were close to completion to be given priority. At any rate, we all have our interests and preferences and they all have a home in this hobby.

CG2
E5

Post by CG2 »

I draw it at Zombies!
CG2

BenfromBrooklyn
E5

Post by BenfromBrooklyn »

If it shows up in a US military operations plan, it's not *entirely* fantasy. (though admittedly, the "Intelligence Annex" frequently is.)

https://www.stratcom.mil/Portals/8/Docu ... 114016-887

mike robel
E5

Post by mike robel »

The CDC haz a Zombie page and you can download a paper on the mathematical spread of Zombiez here:

https://loe.org/images/content/091023/Z ... cation.pdf

Bottom line: if 1 Zombie is created, it's toazt for the human race.

CG2
E5

Post by CG2 »

To clarify, I think GHQ were right to make the Zombie pack - if it gets the youngsters interested in wargaming and then other GHQ products that's a smart move. Personally, I don't want any but I'd be fascinated to know whether it achieved getting a range of new customers in - however there weren't any similar products in this year's list.
CG2