2020-21 New Release Schedule

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

Splod
E5

Re: 2020-21 New Release Schedule

Post by Splod »

There's some really cool stuff in this list. I take it that this:
GHQ wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:21 am
N-640 M48
Is the 90mm gun tank option? If so, I'll definitely be grabbing a few battalions for my Jordanians.

Other than that, it's a particularly cheap year for me this year. The only things that jump out at me are:
GHQ wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:21 am
W-126 KMT-5 mine clearer on T-55
IS-25 M50 155mm self-propelled howitzer
Although considering I've had a few good years of new IDF kit, I suppose a quiet year would come eventually :wink:
Little Metal Men: A story of a distracted wargamer

“A learning experience is one of those things that says, 'You know that thing you just did? Don't do that.”
- Douglas Adams

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

I think (hope) that this is the original M 48 with the grilled back deck and open/flat commander's hatch. Should you want the later M48A2 (90mm), order the M48A5 and extra turrets with the 90mm gun (that's the two extra turrets that come with the set. As far as I've seen in my books and in line, the Jordanians had the early M48s, not the A2 or A3. They had the grill back deck, the racks for four 55-gal. fuel drums, and the open position 50cal M2 at the commander's station. In wargaming, remember that the max range for the early version was only 70 miles. The racks added a bit to that, but the short legs were only fixed with the A2 version, which introduced improved conformal fuel tanks and the diesel engine.

It's a guessing game until we see the pic or the model. I ordered some M48s the day after the list came out and hope to have them quick. I am very curious and eager to get them.

I am also anxious to see the South Korean and Turkish M48A5s.

If the M48 is the one we hope it is, then I will have my 5-company ROCID (Pentomic infantry division) tank battalion or my early E series TOE tank battalion.
All blessings flow from a good mission statement.
Pogo was right. So was Ike.
"A Gentleman is a man who is only rude intentionally." (Churchill)
Give credit. Take responsibility.

panzergator
E5

They give purpose to drones, field artillery, and special operations, not to mention aggressRe: 2020-21 New Release Sche

Post by panzergator »

Regarding the fantasy/never built lines, I've had a few landward requests. There are enough people out there who can logically fit them into the rules and play the game they want. If it's commercially viable, why shouldn't GHQ satisfy those customers? My fantasy requests include the XM800-T ARSV, MBT70, XM803, the General Motors version of the XM1, and the Bradley predecessor - XM723 MICV. I would LIKE the 120mm gun on the XM803 and GM XM1. It's been a difficult slog for any of those.

As for filling in existing lines, we have a lot of WWII and ultra - modern support vehicles, but we lack GOERs and the M50 series and M800 series of 5ton trucks and trailers to cover the 50s, 60s, and '70s. I have seen more and more pics of truck convoys, which would seem to indicate a stronger interest. Forward Area Support Teams and field trains locations are great objectives/targets and, if included in the rules, are a great way to degrade the combat effectiveness of your opponent. Along with convoys, they give missions to drones, artillery, and special operations. They provide new possibilities for diorama builders, not to mention unit builders like me.

StrategicCpl

Post by StrategicCpl »

Happy to see some of the modern choices like T-15 and EBRC Jaguar. Thanks GHQ!

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

Splod

Most of the M48s originally supplied to Israel were German M48A2s, which you can make with the two extra turrets supplied with GHQ's M48A5. You can order more of those hulls and A2 turrets to build your '67 War era Israeli tank fleet. You can also make M48A1s by combining the new M48 hull with those 90mm gunned A2 turrets. My reference tells me that, at the time of the '67 War, the Israelis had only converted a company's worth or so of those 90mm M48A2s to carry a 105mm.

I'm gonna get carried away on these different M 48 models. The possibilities are growing, at least in my mind, and I am anxious to see all of the new models.

cinctim

Post by cinctim »

On the picture for USN T-AKE-1 Lewis & Clark, I appreciate both pictures of the ship, with all of the parts installed and the second one with
the base hull and parts components, so you know what you have to do, before opening the package.

33YearsGHQ
E5

Post by 33YearsGHQ »

I love the photos of the Lewis & Clark too. The model looks spectacular and appears to be selling well
Brad Anderson (enjoying GHQ since 1976)

BCR 570

Post by BCR 570 »

Very pleased to see HMS QUEEN ELIZABETH released; will have to get two of those. Would be nice to see the remaining vessels needed to form the UK's carrier Strike Group: Astute class SSN, RFA FORT VICTORIA, RFA Tide class tanker.

Also delighted to see Colossus class CV coming; my father served on HMS WARRIOR but she was rebuilt from the original design. To answer an earlier question, most of the Magnificents were completed to modified designs. I can post additional information on those if needed.

I would like to second the call for modern Canadian ships. Our Halifax class frigates often operate with other navies including US carrier groups. The Norwegian frigates would be nice to see too as they often operate with the USN and RN.
Tim Horton
North Vancouver, B.C.
BCR Dawson Creek Subdivision in N Scale
www.bcrdawsonsub.ca

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

Yea We desperately need some Modern Canadian Navy ships fast.

CG2
E5

Post by CG2 »

A bigger problem seems to be actually getting the stuff that GHQ has already released. The main UK distributor still doesn't have all of the April releases yet and it's far to expensive to order direct from the USA.
CG2

mark.hinds

Post by mark.hinds »

WRT to the projected Laffly W15T, doesn't GHQ already make this (comes with the French WW2 47mm ATG)?
Mark Hinds

Gazza
E5

Post by Gazza »

mark.hinds wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:55 am
WRT to the projected Laffly W15T, doesn't GHQ already make this (comes with the French WW2 47mm ATG)?
It may be the W15 TCC which has a rear mounted 47mm

Forget that, they already do it (FR19).

Possibly just a pack of the tractor then?

whoa Mohamed
E5

Post by whoa Mohamed »

Modern
Mine rollers for Nato Tanks
SPARK mine rolling kits for MRAPS.
Giant Viper trailer for UK.
every man for all mens rights
all men for every mans rights

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Yes! I second the call for mine rollers!
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

exodusforever
E5

Post by exodusforever »

Loving all the new releases GHQ. Never stop doing what you are doing.

I might be late to comment on this but really loving the massive upgrade on the entire website and forum! It looks fantastic!!
IG: modernwargame
"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy."
-Friedrich Nietzsche