Wishlist

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

BenfromBrooklyn
E5

Re: Wishlist

Post by BenfromBrooklyn »

I think... if GHQ read ONE wishlist, it was this one:
BenfromBrooklyn wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:11 am
Thinking about what vehicles are needed to plug the gaps in the modern lines. Though of course there are infinite varieties of service/support vehicles, it seems to me that the most "game useful" fillers are now recon vehicles. So, most of what I listed below is in that category.

China: They need a post-Cold War truck. FAW MV3. Extra points if it is double cab version, making it a more unique model. YES

(Holding out to see if they do the double cab for extra points)

France: If there's a Griffon and a Jaguar there must be a Serval. NO

Germany: The Wiesel NO

Israel: Eitan YES

Japan: Komatsu LAV YES

Korea: K808 APC. Everybody has an 8x8 APC these days! YES

Russia: The UAZ 3163. This is an SUV type vehicle used as a command and staff vehicle, which would also work well as generic military/civilian/irregular SUV, complementing the Toyota pickups. (Unlike the Gelandewagon or the Landrovers, it has the rounded body style of modern SUV's) NO

UK: The Ajax. YES

USA: The Joint Light Tactical Vehicle. YES
6 out of 9!

EdMott

Re: Wishlist

Post by EdMott »

Brigade Commander
E5

Re: Re:

Post by Brigade Commander »

Brigade Commander wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:56 am
Brigade Commander wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:02 am
I will second Redleg's request for Q-36 & Q-37 Firefinder radars. Both deployed and travel configurations.
Cold War through Present / USA (Army & Marines) and a few others.
A pack of ATG - Antennae Transceiver Group - trailers with three Q-36 in the deployed mode and three in the travel mode along with two Q-37 in the deployed mode and two in the travel mode would be most excellent! Used for C-RAM, Counter-Rocket / Artillery / Mortar, missions. When someone gets rowdy with your troops it lets your 8" and MLRS troops smack back. Good from 1982 (Q-36) / 1984 (Q-37) to present. I have the generator truck kit-bash and the TOC truck figured for both systems. Well, sort of... Initially supported by 2 1/2 & 5 ton trucks now supported by HMMWV's.
I Still need the Q-36 & Q-37 ATG trailers in both travel and deployed mode. Did a fine kit-bash for the generator trucks and have all of the other vehicles. The generator trucks in the three Q-36 sections are C-in-C M-35A2's with the canvas cover off and Shapeways/Masters of Military generator trailers with the hitch, fenders and wheels carefully removed. The generator trucks in the two Q-37 sections are Shapeways/Masters of Military M-923's with the canvas cover off and Shapeways/Masters of Military generator trailers with the hitch, fenders and wheels carefully removed.

I want to add to the above the M-1059 Smoke Generator Carrier. Need twelve. Trying to kit-bash the top vents for the two jet engines' smoke exhaust vents at this scale is, to say the least, a challenge. Still searching for something to work with until my wish is granted!
"It is a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the road and, if you do not keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to."

Bilbo Baggins to Frodo Baggins.