Wishlist

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

CG2
E5

Re: Wishlist

Post by CG2 »

Thought I'd update my WW2 Wishlist (in order of preference) :

Britain - Churchill 'Funnies' add-ons pack : Bullshorn plough, Fascine & Cradle, SBG Bridge & Bobbin (similar to Sherman Accessories pack)
Italy - Command Pack 508 CM Coloniale staff car & Dovunque Viberti radio truck/office body (4/1)
Britain - Bailey Bridge Combat Command Similar to US bridge pack or Folding Boat Equipment packs https://www.thinkdefence.co.uk/folding- ... pment-fbe/
Soviet Union - Voroshilovets Tractor
Britain/USA/Germany - Engineers Infantry Pack
Add-on light AA mounts with crew designed to be placed in truck load-beds or stand-alone - Brens, twin Vickers K, twin MG34/42, Soviet DShK, US 0.5" Browning
CG2

Brigade Commander
E5

Post by Brigade Commander »

Not actually a new item request this time but a repackaging request. Take US-58 and split the M-105A2 cargo trailers and the M-107A2 water trailers into their own packages. Maybe make them US-58c and US-58w? Eight of the same trailer type in each package. As I am modeling all of the vehicles in each unit, to the amusement of panzergator(!), I need about five or six times as many cargo trailers as water trailers. Different units have a different factor but either way the cargo trailer is by far and away the larger required trailer. As it is now the water trailer is the limit to buying packs and that leaves plenty of cargo trailers unsold because I am not going to have dozens of water trailers laying around unassigned and buying the extra cargo trailers as bits is cost prohibitive! It would be dozens more. This should really be done for US-110 and N-603 as well. This could only expand the purchasing of the affected trailers. AND...

Split the M-88's from the M-578's (N-27) as well!! At almost any time period the number of M-578's required would be much lower than the M-88's. Something every modeler of any heavy unit would agree with.
"It is a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the road and, if you do not keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to."

Bilbo Baggins to Frodo Baggins.

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

Actually, the M88/M578 combo works for me. If I buy three packs, I get the six M578s I need for a mech battalion and the five M88s I need for a tank battalion for the E, G, and H series. It wasn't until YOUR time, Brigafe Commander, that both mech and tank battalions featured 7 M88s and no 578s - J series and beyond. And I can use that combo into the early to middle J series, as well, because the M88A2 is a relatively recent issue -early 2000s, I think. To me, it's advantageous to get the additional light recovery vehicles, even when I buy an arty bn's 2 M88s, as there are all kinds of places, like ADA units, to put them. I also need two M578s for my earlier tank battalions. The 578 came along a little after the M88, so some early E series mech units were issued the M88 instead.The predecessor, the M74, based on a Sherman E8 chassis, was having trouble coping with the M48s and M59s which had come into general use in the mid-to-late '50s. The M88 came along in 1961, the M578 in 1962. When I was in, until 1984, the 88 was a gasser - gassers produced more torque, needed for the recovery effort and in common with earlier M48, 48A1, and M48A2c. The M60 series tanks also required the greater torque for recovery effort. Diesels didn't produce the torque needed, even in the M88A1, to adequately service the recovery needs of the M1. Fortunately, there has been a lot of development since.
Last edited by panzergator on Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All blessings flow from a good mission statement.
Pogo was right. So was Ike.
"A Gentleman is a man who is only rude intentionally." (Churchill)
Give credit. Take responsibility.

BurtWolf
E5

Post by BurtWolf »

Churchill funnies add on pack would be very cool - I second the motion.

And i still piggyback with your great suggestion on the Italian command pack. The new Italian trucks they just did were great little models.

But you know my number one pick is still .... stowage (generic).

CG2
E5

Post by CG2 »

I expect GHQ have their heads down now for a while until the George Floyd cop trial is over. Personally I would be putting up the shutters and taking a few vacation until its all over. Fingers crossed for you GHQ!
CG2

Gort
E5

Post by Gort »

I'm primarily a WW2 guy, but on the subject of trailers I could really use some M10 ammo trailers. When I add up the M7s of the AFA Btn, the M8 assault guns of the Armd Inf Btn and the Cav Recon Sqn, the M4 assault guns of the Tank Btns, as well as those towed by various halftracks and deuce-and-a-halfs in these units, it turns out that I need about 100 of these trailers. That's more than I'm willing to scratch build - even if I could find enough wheels for them. I'm sure that I am not the only one with a need for these.
Proudly addicted to micro-armour since 1975.

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

For WWII here is my list.

1. British Heavy Weapons Pack #2. 3 inch mortar w. 2 man crew, Vickers MG w. 2 man crew, a proper 2 inch mortar without the bipod.
2. American Heavy Weapons Pack #2. M1917 and M1919 .30 cal MGs w. 2 man crews, 81mm mortars w. 2 man crews, Chemical Mortars.
3. Russian T-26 1933 version.
4. Russian BT-7 early version.
5. Russian BT-7A 76mm.
6. Russian artillery tractors. Any would be nice.
7. Panther D w. sideskirts.
8 M4 Sherman. GHQ makes the quite a number of various Shermans already but I would like to see the M4. My preference would be the later version but either early or later would be fine.
9. Churchill IV w. 57mm gun in cast turret.
10. Russian Heavy Weapons Pack #2. Maxim MG w. 2 man crew, 82mm mortar w. 2 man crew, 50mm mortar (no bipod), Advancing LMG gunners.

For Modern Era here is my list.

1. British Cold War Infantry.
2. British Cold War Heavy Weapons.
3. East German Cold War Infantry.
4. East German Cold War Heavy Weapons.
5. Russian Motor Rifle Infantry.
6. Israeli Infantry 1967-73.
7. Israeli Heavy Weapons 1967-73.
8. M-38 Jeep w. 30 cal MGs and Recoilless Rifles. Used by Israelis and others.
9. T-34-85M. Later version of T-34/85. Used by Egyptians and others.
10. Jordanian Infantry.

CG2
E5

Post by CG2 »

As requested, bumping this up so people can find it. Not sure why this doesn't get stickied!

I still think the consolidated wish list was a good idea - it's a shame GHQ rejected it on the basis that there weren't enough people on this forum for them to bother listening!
CG2

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

That is a very interesting thing for GHQ to say. Do they pay more attention to the Facebook page or do they just figure things out new products for themselves? I notice that the "Thank you" sticky has been removed. I thought it might have been mischief, but perhaps there aren't enough of us for even that!

CG2
E5

Post by CG2 »

I can't see much activity on the FB page so they must be using write-ins or (pre-COVID) discussions at shows. The problem with this is that many non-US customers order through local distributors so their requests wouldn't get heard. Seems an unwise business practice not to have a clear route to gather future customer product requirements!
CG2

Brigade Commander
E5

Post by Brigade Commander »

panzergator wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:41 pm
That is a very interesting thing for GHQ to say. Do they pay more attention to the Facebook page or do they just figure things out new products for themselves? I notice that the "Thank you" sticky has been removed. I thought it might have been mischief, but perhaps there aren't enough of us for even that!
Sometimes I think the spammers outnumber the active participants.
"It is a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the road and, if you do not keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to."

Bilbo Baggins to Frodo Baggins.

BenfromBrooklyn
E5

Post by BenfromBrooklyn »

Brigade Commander wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:29 pm
]
Sometimes I think the spammers outnumber the active participants.
CG2 wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:01 pm
I still think the consolidated wish list was a good idea - it's a shame GHQ rejected it on the basis that there weren't enough people on this forum for them to bother listening!
The obvious solution: Tell the spammers they are welcome to stay... IF they participate and submit wishes to the wishlist!

"I can get you lowest price for good Russian medications... also I would like to see miniature of new Russian Typhoon armored truck!"

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

I think the consolidated wishlist should be continued, although I won't start any wishlists this year, deferring to those who prefer it be done their way. From the several GHQ notes I received lately, I believe GHQ DOES read our wishes and consider them, although it is clearly not the only input they gather.

Since I'm in the Wishlist, PLEASE consider redoing the tent extension for the M577. We don't need the whole system. Jyst make the extension separate. That way, the extension can be picked up when the vehicle is traveling and emplaced when a TOC is establushed. Please make the correct extension this time. There are pics on the internet. My preference is the older model, which went into service in the latter half of the '60s/VN war and lasted into the '90s, at least.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

I'd be willing to manage a wish list for 1/285, all eras. I really like the way Don S does the micronaut wish list and I think I can do something pretty similar. I've been doing a lot with Excel at work lately and I'm feeling supremely confident in my spreadsheet abilities. Perhaps I can even post the list on a different website and we can add photos of the vehicles we are requesting.

If you guys are down with me doing the list, it might be easier to start a new thread and then have everyone re-vote so that I can capture how many votes each model gets.

What do you guys think?
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

works fine with me redleg.
I cast my vote for the early Cold War US infantry with Bell Rocket Belt, yes literal jump infantry.