Wishlist

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

mark.hinds

Re: Wishlist

Post by mark.hinds »

Absolutely. But seriously, I didn't intend to piss you off, and apologize if I did.

FWIW, the new title is probably going to make more sense to the uninitiated, such as myself. I note there is also a "Consolidated Micronaut Wish List", which also has no specification as to the year, so you are now in synch with that presumably.

MH
Mark Hinds

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

NBD. Caught me on the wrong day. Better to be pissed off than pissed on.
All blessings flow from a good mission statement.
Pogo was right. So was Ike.
"A Gentleman is a man who is only rude intentionally." (Churchill)
Give credit. Take responsibility.

BenfromBrooklyn
E5

Re: The 2020-2021 Wish List Thread

Post by BenfromBrooklyn »

whoa Mohamed wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:42 am
Terrain
Wrecked civilian Vehicles all eras.
Metal fencing cast or PE
Trash cans and rubbish Bins
Furniture Chairs couches etc
Street Lights
There are companies that produce some of these things for the architectural modeling industry. The closest scale they make is 1:300 but that's generally close enough. Wouldn't want to spend GHQ's finite modeling time and energy on street lights when you can get them elsewhere? Ones that actually light up.

Yes. 1:300 streetlights that WORK. Sick. https://model-scenery-supplies.com/coll ... ale-models

whoa Mohamed
E5

Post by whoa Mohamed »

Thanks for your input , but my suggestion stands.
every man for all mens rights
all men for every mans rights

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

I have all kinds of stuff on my wish list that may not be feasible, but I still want it! I need those porta-crappers for my fire base! I do appreciate the link Ben - I may pick up some stuff that I can't find other places at the moment.
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

BenfromBrooklyn
E5

Post by BenfromBrooklyn »

redleg wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:07 pm
I have all kinds of stuff on my wish list that may not be feasible, but I still want it! I need those porta-crappers for my fire base! I do appreciate the link Ben - I may pick up some stuff that I can't find other places at the moment.
There are a couple of other companies doing these kinds of things for the architecture world. But, I didn't think it polite to give out websites as they could be construed as competition. I felt safe with the working LED street lights because I think the odds of GHQ going there are really, really low.

I don't have any. But it would be just nuts to bring them to a gaming convention, set up the battle... and turn on the lights.

And then have them flicker and go out when the airstrike hits the power plant.

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

FB, you cannot drink like that AND take care of your daughters. How will you take care of them if one gets hurt or there is some other emergency if you're potted? What example are you setting? What kind of legacy is THAT?

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

Not taking you to task. It's a decision I made about 31 years ago. Kids first. Replace drinking with other hobbies if you want to be able to take care of your kids and be around to see grandchildren. Logical, responsible. But you are a big boy and know this. Just a reminder. You are a parent til you die.

Hoth_902
E5

Post by Hoth_902 »

I would like Modern Vehicle Stowage. I just ordered the WWII Halftrack accessories pack. The rolled tarps, of which there are 20, will work out nicely to spruce up some of my vehicles. But I would love to have more types and maybe some packs to attach to the vehicles as well. Hopefully I can get some painted up and applied here in the next week. Show how much better it makes the vehicles look.

Also maybe some some modern Turrets for the M2A2 Bradley. Ones that have the sensor on them like the one that is on the M2A3 turret without the reactive armor on it. I feel like there are a couple of kits that could serve from having an alternate turret available to make another vehicle. One would think that the cost of just making a new turret, if the chassis is still the same, would be cheaper than making a whole new sculp.
Quantity has a Quality all its own.

http://warriorbear.weebly.com/

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

Agree. A kit of M48 cupola would be enough to make early M48A1s. I am not going to fuss about the missing rear compensating idler wheel between the last road wheel and the sprocket.

Hoth_902
E5

Post by Hoth_902 »

They could market them as mod kits. I think it has potential to create a revenue stream that is a smaller investment than a whole new sculp. That is assuming that it's faster and cheaper than making a whole new sculp.
Quantity has a Quality all its own.

http://warriorbear.weebly.com/

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

Bump

jeffb
Location: Skem, Outer Pie Land or Right side of the Pennines, Lancs

Re: The 2020-2021 Wish List Thread

Post by jeffb »

chatto wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:30 pm
Hahaha out by a year, but hey, it works.

Cold war:
CHINA:
Type 59-1 main battle tank: Should be the easiest chop and change to do.
Type 63 towed MLRS and towing BJ212 jeep: Because the towed Type 63 launcher is literally EVERYWHERE throughout the third world. You could even have this being supported by Donkeys in a Taliban-style packet.
BJ212 jeeps with recoilless rifles: Airborne light AT vehicle.
Type 70 122mm tube artillery and Type 70 MLRS: Grand-daddies of all modern Chinese SPGs/MLRS: The tube artillery is amazingly still in use!
Type 96 MBT with 'original' turret.

Czech:
RM-70 MLRS: Used by a number of nations.
M53 'Lizard' SPAA gun.

BRAZIL:
EE-3: Unique little wheeled vehicle that would be good to include.
ASTROS II MLRS: Wheeled MLRS still used worldwide today.

YUGOSLAVIA:
M87 Orkan MLRS:
NORA B-52 self-propelled artillery:
OT M-60 APC: A yugoslav M113 but they copied the homework so it looked different.
M-56 light towed gun with FAP truck: Basically a modernised mix of US and German 105mm guns melded together.

THIRD WORLD WARRIORS:
ZPU-2 (new) and re-etched ZPU-4 AAMG with option to be mounted onto a light truck/utility - I feel like process used to make the latest models would really suit to allowing a rebuild of the ZPU-4, and allow for creation of the ZPU-2.
G-5 Howitzer: Because nothing says 'Bush war' like the influence these guns had on some key battles.
G-6 Howitzer: Same as above, but on wheels... still used today.
Rooikat 76: A child of the bush-war and a unique design.
'Generic' Bush war infantry that look remarkably like South African soldiers from the Bush War era. R4 rifles, MAGs, RPG-7s, etc etc.
'Generic' Third World infantry, but instead of G3's, armed with AK's, PKM or MG-42 (Yugoslav M53 'Sarac'), new RPG-7 gunner. M-79 OSA rocket launcher operator.
New 'Third World' heavy weapons to go alongside AK armed troops: MANPADS operator (i.e SA-7 style). Heavy recoilless rifle 106mm M40. RPG-29 'Vampir' rocket launcher. TOW/HJ-8 missile tube operator.

SPAIN:
BMR-600 APC

ITALY:
OTO MELARA 56 light gun: A staple of multiple armies worldwide...

SOVIET:
MSTA-B towed 152mm arty.
ASU-85 assault gun
2S5 Giatsint 152mm SPG

USA:
Replacement soldiers for Vietnam to bring them in line with other models height wise, include M67 90mm Recoilless Rifle.
Add TOW launcher, 106mm RR, SMAW Gunner and Redeye gunner into the mix to make it a Cold War soldier pack.

COLD WAR/MODERN:
LITERALLY ANYTHING NORTH KOREAN
North Korean 'upgrade' pack - 14.5mm MGs, MANPADS launcher assembly/ grenade launcher assembly and ATGM launcher assembly. Goes on turrets mostly of NK tanks.

Ultra-modern:
CHINA:
PGZ-07 - Chinese GEPARD
Type 90 35mm AA gun and Towing truck, or 3x AA guns and 1x Radar trailer - These are basically carbon copies of Swiss GDF-003 anti-aircraft guns and could be added to a number of different army list options.
PZL-05 and PZL-07: Ultra-modern artillery pieces.
SH-5: Ultramodern MLRS
ZTQ-15 light tank.

USA:
Protected Mobility tank - whichever one gets selected.
Bradley AMPV: New turretless Bradley replacing M113.
New Stryker Anti-Aircraft vehicle.
New USMC vehicle: Both 'APC' variant and new 30mm 'Dragoon' variant.
New USMC infantry: M32 Grenade launcher, DMR, M27 IAR, AT-4 etc.

THIRD WORLD WARRIORS:
CUBA: Literally any of their tricked out creations. Particularly the 'Jupiter' class of SPGs
Insurgents: 'Technicals' of all shapes and sizes - MLRS firing dump truck tilt-trays, BMP-turret carrying Land Rovers, ZU-23-2/ S-60 57mm packing utes and trucks etc etc. The list goes on of options you could choose for this!

RUSSIA:
BMP-2M Upgrade with quad ATGMs
BMD-4M: APC version of BMD-4
Kurganets 25 APC
Bumerang variants: APC and IFV variants.
Koalitsiya 152mm arty
Sprut-SD airborne assault gun
New VDV armoured car.
New VDV fast attack buggy both "Eskadron" rocket buggy and normal FAV variants.

YUGOSLAVIA:
M-09 105mm SPG.
I'd certainly agree with the highlighted above, plus I'd add Generic Infantry with Bush/ Boonie hat with FAL, can be used as SADF, Rhodesia, Australia and Tropical UK. I'd also add Sub Saharan African civilians.

Jeff
Wigan turnin Blue my arse!!!!
Ancient & Loyal

CG2
E5

Post by CG2 »

As GHQ is probably starting to finalise its list for next year about now, I thought I would re-state my number 1 priority for next year : WW2 Italian Command Pack 508 CM Coloniale staff car & Dovunque Viberti radio truck/office body (4/1). It's a glaring hole in the WW2 Italian range to have no command vehicles!
CG2

Nepty
E5

Post by Nepty »

German Horch Kfz 15 open top.
Most war photos show this medium field car with open top.
I wish I had one to drive around the town.
A real Classic !