Wishlist

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

Dragonslayer261

Re: Wishlist

Post by Dragonslayer261 »

Almost forgot!
US
HH-60W Jolly Green II
F-15E

Soviet
SU-34 Fullback

NATO
JAS-39 Gripin
Euro fighter Typhoon

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

Re M800 and 900 series carrying tank and pump units...

these are the vehicles that provided fuel to the support vehicles while the HEMTTs and GOERs were refueling the tanks and Bradleys.

We kinda NEED 'em!
All blessings flow from a good mission statement.
Pogo was right. So was Ike.
"A Gentleman is a man who is only rude intentionally." (Churchill)
Give credit. Take responsibility.

embuchho

Post by embuchho »

I would like to see some terrain offered, too.

I am using some nice basing bits but the smallest bricks I can find would be 2 meters long in 1/285 scale. I figure that I can build up some debris on the side of the road that looks like it came from buildings. These look more like deliberate road blocks which is nice but not what I am after.

Bikemancs

Post by Bikemancs »

If we're keeping up with the Jonses- the JLTV in 2 and 4 seater configuration would be nice! :) 2-seater with a cargo cover or open and then with a shelter.

Brigade Commander
E5

Re:

Post by Brigade Commander »

Brigade Commander wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:02 am
I will second Redleg's request for Q-36 & Q-37 Firefinder radars. Both deployed and travel configurations.
Cold War through Present / USA (Army & Marines) and a few others.
A pack of ATG - Antennae Transceiver Group - trailers with three Q-36 in the deployed mode and three in the travel mode along with two Q-37 in the deployed mode and two in the travel mode would be most excellent! Used for C-RAM, Counter-Rocket / Artillery / Mortar, missions. When someone gets rowdy with your troops it lets your 8" and MLRS troops smack back. Good from 1982 (Q-36) / 1984 (Q-37) to present. I have the generator truck kit-bash and the TOC truck figured for both systems. Well, sort of... Initially supported by 2 1/2 & 5 ton trucks now supported by HMMWV's.

Cold War / USA (1969~1997) and a few others.
M-48 Chaparral SAM system
The other half of the Cold War ADA Team. The sidewinder missile being the longer-ranged half of the pair to the Vulcan's (already in GHQ's inventory) shorter-range. Being In-service from 1969 through 1997 covers a wide period of interest for modellers. Many, but not all, ADA battalions were a mixed Vulcan / Chaparral battalion.
"It is a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the road and, if you do not keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to."

Bilbo Baggins to Frodo Baggins.

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

Re Chapparral: The CinC M548 has removeable canvas cover for both cab and cargo area, if you are looking to convert. You also could use GHQ M548s to substitute until we get a good solution. After the solution, the 548s could be assigned to an arty bn or carry reloads for ADA.

Daritus

Post by Daritus »

My Wishlist:

WW2 Britain - Centaur Mk IV (Crusader lower Hull with Cromwell upper Hull & Turret, used by Royal Marines at D-Day)
WW2 Britain - Sherman IC Firefly
WW2 Biitain - Sherman VC Firefly without Sand Guards

WW2 Italy - L3-35 Soluthurn ATG / Lancia-Flamethrower Variants

WW2 Germany - Neubaufahrzeug (Heavy Multi-Turret Tank, used in Norway)
WW2 Germany - PzII D/E (with four Roadwheels instead of five, also used for the Flammpanzer II "Flamingo")
WW2 Germany - PzIII A (with five roadwheels instead of six)
WW2 Germany - PzIII B/C/D (with eight roadwheels, similary to PzIV)
WW2 Germany - PzIV A
WW2 Germany - PzIV J
WW2 Germany - Panzerjäger 35R (4,7cm ATG on Renault R35 Chassis)
WW2 Germany - Marder II 7.62(r) (like the Marder III 7.62(r), but on PzII D/E Chassis)
WW2 Germanx - StuG III G / StuH42 with very late Skirts / StuG42 without Muzzelbreak
WW2 Germany - StuG IV without Skirts
WW2 Germany - Jagdtiger with Porsche Chassis
WW2 Germany - SdKfz 251 A (and Variants)

WW2 Soviet - BT-2
WW2 Soviet - BT-7 / BT-7A
WW2 Soviet - KV-8 Flame Tank
WW2 Soviet - IS-1 / IS-85 (Iosef Stalin Tank with 85mm gun)
WW2 Soviet - T-26 obr 1931 (multi Turret)
WW2 Soviet - T-26 obr 1933
WW2 Soviet - SU-85M (SU-100 Hull with 85mm gun)
WW2 Soviet - M4A2(76)W Sherman (late Hull)
WW2 Soviet - 85mm AAG
WW2 Soviet - WW2 Soviet Artillery Crew

WW2 USA - M2A1 Light Tank (precusor of the M3 Stuart)
WW2 USA - M3 Lee (British Version with Sand Guards)
WW2 USA - M3A5 Lee (Cast Hull, used by the US Army on the Maki Atoll in 1943, possible the only use of M3 Lee in the Pacific)
WW2 USA - M4 (Sherman I)
WW2 USA - M4(105) Sherman
WW2 USA - M4 Sherman Crab (Mine Flair on M4 Sherman I Chassis)
WW2 USA - M4A1 Sherman DD

WM47 Soviet - T-44/85

CW Britain - Charioteer (Postwar Tank Destroyer on Cromwell with 20 pdr gun)

CW Czech - OT-810
CW Czech . ST-I (Czech Pestwar Hetzer Production, also used by Switzerland as the G-13 Hetzer)
CW Czech - T-40/75 (Czech PzIV Version)

CW Israel - M50 Sherman with welded Hull (more common than the Cast Hull Version)

CW Germany - Leopard 1 Early Version (also used by Italy & Belgium)
CW Germany - SchPzLang
CW Germany - SchPzKurz

CW Soviet - IS-2M
CW Soviet - IS-3M

CW USA - M44 SPG
CW USA - M52 SPG
CW USA - M108 SPG
Last edited by Daritus on Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:34 pm, edited 13 times in total.

BurtWolf
E5

Post by BurtWolf »

Would love to see that Marder II, I like that particular variant the best among those type of SPG’s...

BenfromBrooklyn
E5

Post by BenfromBrooklyn »

Thinking about what vehicles are needed to plug the gaps in the modern lines. Though of course there are infinite varieties of service/support vehicles, it seems to me that the most "game useful" fillers are now recon vehicles. So, most of what I listed below is in that category.

China: They need a post-Cold War truck. FAW MV3. Extra points if it is double cab version, making it a more unique model.

France: If there's a Griffon and a Jaguar there must be a Serval.

Germany: The Wiesel

Israel: Eitan

Japan: Komatsu LAV

Korea: K808 APC. Everybody has an 8x8 APC these days!

Russia: The UAZ 3163. This is an SUV type vehicle used as a command and staff vehicle, which would also work well as generic military/civilian/irregular SUV, complementing the Toyota pickups. (Unlike the Gelandewagon or the Landrovers, it has the rounded body style of modern SUV's)

UK: The Ajax.

USA: The Joint Light Tactical Vehicle.

There are things I'd love to see like the Patria AMV, Piranha, etc, but I am limiting this to national lines already produced.

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

We will need the new US Marine amphibious carrier.

I would still like to see the M37b1 3/4t truck and the 5t tank and pump unit teuck. The M715 5/4t truck would be nice, too. If you are talking about recon vehicles, let's add the M38 1/4t and the M113 1/2 C&R (used by Canada and Netherlands).

Brigade Commander
E5

panzergator wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:27 am
... and the 5t tank and pump unit truck...
Panzergator,
Any pictures, sketches, artists' renderings? Plus, anything on the trailer? I believe they were always used as a truck / trailer set with both having a pump and tank(s). I will be ordering some parts from Shapeways this coming week and once I see how they work with a 5 ton truck I will forward you a picture of my interim version. The 5 ton truck is easy but there is such a wide variety of trailers that I have no guess what trailer they based the pump / tank trailer on. I will continue the internet search in the meantime. Plus it will help GHQ create their mold. I am sure they will do it since everyone who models US battalions needs them. And do we ever! Right now I just have a GHQ M-925 in place for each but I want to do an uncovered model with the equipment in place to highlight their function.
"It is a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the road and, if you do not keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to."

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

There was always a ton and a half trailer with an additional t&p unit. Search internet for 5t tank ans pump unit. Lots of pics. I can't post pics yet. Was looking at using the German t&p unit as a sub.

Brigade Commander
E5

panzergator wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:05 pm
There was always a ton and a half trailer with an additional t&p unit. Search internet for 5t tank ans pump unit. Lots of pics. I can't post pics yet. Was looking at using the German t&p unit as a sub.
When I looked at the GHQ M-50, US-16, that is what I pictured it as. The two tanks in the back set up. But obviously it is on a 2 1/2 ton truck instead. It does not work as the M-50 because the actual M-50 is a single, smooth-side tank mounted on the chassis not dual tanks mounted in the bed.

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

US 16 features the wrong kind of fuel tanks. Too much cutting, too. The guys at Shapeways must know somethibg secret about producing well-executed drawings and .stl files I don't. But this should be basic fir GHQ. And most units need the 5t tank and pump units.

Daritus

Post by Daritus »

An also interesting expansion of the GHQ WW2 Range would be those redesign french Halftracks, which the 21.Panzerdivision used 1944 in the Normandy as APCs or SPATG. There was also a converted Version of the Laffy W15 Truck with the armoured superstructure of german Halftracks.