Ordering and delivery

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

rdenman62
E5

Ordering and delivery

Post by rdenman62 »

I’ve been wondering how everyone who has ordered from
GHQ lately has waited to get their orders processed and then delivered. I’m hesitant to order as the last order I placed took almost a month to process and a few weeks to get delivered. I’m aware of the post office problems and issues with delivery. I had one package bounce between two hubs for over a week before it was even put on the right route. I’ve never had problems with GHQ in the past. But now I’m really leery on ordering especially when the only option seems to be the postal service.
Peace thru superior firepower

panzergator
E5

Re: Ordering and delivery

Post by panzergator »

I have placed three orders by phone during the pandemic so far. The first arrived within a week and a half. The second took about 5 weeks, including postal transit of 12 days. The third order, for the new M48, was placed the day after the annual new product list was posted and, naturally, I haven't heard anything of it, yet.
All blessings flow from a good mission statement.
Pogo was right. So was Ike.
"A Gentleman is a man who is only rude intentionally." (Churchill)
Give credit. Take responsibility.

DAK
E5

Post by DAK »

Took my order 2 weeks.

StrategicCpl

Post by StrategicCpl »

I've ordered a couple times since the pandemic started, and had no issues. I just placed my first order since the unrest began (was waiting for the T-15 Armata) but I'm optimistic there won't be any major issues.

Either way, these are difficult times. Doesn't hurt to be flexible. GHQ makes a quality product worth waiting for, so I'm happy to keep doing business with them.

piersyf
E5

Post by piersyf »

It used to take 2 weeks from order to arrival in Australia. My last order took a week to be filled, then 2 weeks to get from GHQ to O'Hare international in Chicago. I'll let you know how long it takes from there.
There is no right or wrong, only decisions and consequences.

CG2
E5

Post by CG2 »

I normally order from a UK distributor, who are very quick but it often takes some time before they put new releases on the site. Some of the April releases still aren't there!
CG2

piersyf
E5

Post by piersyf »

Hi all. I said I'd let you know when (if) my order arrived. Here's the itinerary;

order confirmed by GHQ 19 August.

Order shipped by GHQ 25 August.

Arrive Chicago distribution centre 29 August.

Arrived Chicago 7 September (heh).

Departed Hong Kong 9 September.

Arrived Perth, Western Australia (other side of the country, 3,000km away) 30 September. That's a LONG flight...

Arrive Customs 5 October, cleared same day.

Arrived in my happy hands 12 October.

All up, roughly 6 weeks. I do like the new tracking thing GHQ have going.
There is no right or wrong, only decisions and consequences.