Paint Agitator

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

Cav Dog
E5

Paint Agitator

Post by Cav Dog »

This is a pretty good way to shake up all those paints you have sitting around where the pigment has settled. Take any type of reciprocal saw or tool, a jigsaw works best, preferably with a variable speed trigger. Attach an adjustable clamp to the blade and secure the paint bottle in the clamp and let 'er rip. Go easy though, you don't need to shake it at full speed.

This is v3.0. I started out using duct tape to hold the paint to the blade. Then I bought the clamps and used wire and tape to secure it to the saw blade. I finally settled on bolting the clamp to the blade which required me to drill out both the clamp and the blade but it works really well. These are #4 sheet metal bolts and hex nuts. They do need to be retightened occasionally so v4.0 may include lock washers. It does help is you have some type of agitator in the paint bottle so I add stainless steel paint agitators to the bottles that don't include them such as Vallejo, Tamiya and AK.

Clearly, safety is important so keep your body parts clear of the blade and make certain the caps are securely attached to the paint bottles.
Tactics are the opinion of the senior officer present.

panzergator
E5

Re: Paint Agitator

Post by panzergator »

This is quite an inventive idea, CavDog. Cav does it ALL!
All blessings flow from a good mission statement.
Pogo was right. So was Ike.
"A Gentleman is a man who is only rude intentionally." (Churchill)
Give credit. Take responsibility.

whoa Mohamed
E5

Post by whoa Mohamed »

Im a lousy Jury rigger in my old age just bought a version they use in a lab for like 90.00 it works a treat..
every man for all mens rights
all men for every mans rights

StarCruiser
E5

Post by StarCruiser »

I find that stainless steel (real stainless, not plated) ball bearings work wonders in most paint.

"The Army Painter" sells a pack of 100 and just one in a bottle and good shaking and poof! Well mixed paint!
"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of java that the thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire the shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion." - Programmer's Mantra