1/2400th scale Micronaut deck decals

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

Flight Deck Decals
E5

Re: 1/2400th scale Micronaut deck decals

Post by Flight Deck Decals »

RM,

Received! That is a very nice but pricey book! I am trying to find a PDF version :)

whoa Mohamed
E5

Post by whoa Mohamed »

It would be nice to have Generic modern USN hull numbers.
every man for all mens rights
all men for every mans rights

whoa Mohamed
E5

Post by whoa Mohamed »

Dan
I have a problem of sorts I have a WASP class deck decal but it has ( as it was advertised) a 1 on the deck , I do have the Island decals.
Id like to model The USS Bon Homme Richard so need the deck to have a six. Can you recommend a fix or offer a WASP class deck decal with a 6. Btw to be clear I’m referring to the helicopter assault ship modern.
TIA Mike.

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Dan,
I received the new issue of Wargame’s Soldiers and Strategy the other day, and there is an article about the Battle off Samar, so I emailed the editor, who I’ve talked to before, and shared some pictures of one of my CVEs. I told him who the model was by and I’d mentioned that the deck markings were a decal by FDD. He thanked me for the heads up on the decals.

Flight Deck Decals
E5

whoa Mohamed wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:06 pm
It would be nice to have Generic modern USN hull numbers.
Sorry for the delayed response. Be trying to enjoy some outdoor activities during the all too short New Hampshire summer. Modern hull #s are available but on closeout. I am going to redesign them by class with a true shadow. The closeouts are white with a full black outline. Just need to finish up the 1-6000 deck decals first.
whoa Mohamed wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:05 am
I have a problem of sorts I have a WASP class deck decal but it has ( as it was advertised) a 1 on the deck , I do have the Island decals.
Id like to model The USS Bon Homme Richard so need the deck to have a six. Can you recommend a fix or offer a WASP class deck decal with a 6. Btw to be clear I’m referring to the helicopter assault ship modern.
This is a hard one. I do have the WASP class BHR deck available but to try and convert Wasp decal to the #6 is unlikely to work. Placing decal paper on top of decal paper is never optimal even for clear background decals. This is further complicated by the fact that CV deck decals are printed not on clear but on white background paper. Best bet is to go with an actual BHR deck decal.

Flight Deck Decals
E5

Beagle wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:13 am
Dan,
I received the new issue of Wargame’s Soldiers and Strategy the other day, and there is an article about the Battle off Samar, so I emailed the editor, who I’ve talked to before, and shared some pictures of one of my CVEs. I told him who the model was by and I’d mentioned that the deck markings were a decal by FDD. He thanked me for the heads up on the decals.

Thanks! No inquiry so far. Also sent an email response to your other question.

Cheers,
Dan

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Flight Deck Decals wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:55 am
Beagle wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:13 am
Dan,

Thanks! No inquiry so far. Also sent an email response to your other question.

Cheers,
Dan
Got it, thanks. Already replied.

whoa Mohamed
E5

Post by whoa Mohamed »

Did FDD ever make hull number decals for the zumwalt class destroyer?

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

I just received my digital copy of the next issue of WS&S, and my Kitkun Bay is in the Parting Shots page in the back! I had no idea it was going in there, that’s pretty cool. At any rate, Dan, they gave a nice little shout out to FDD for the decal, and to GHQ for the model.

Flight Deck Decals
E5

Finally finished the 6K naval line. Now working on punching out some other overdue projects. The below are scaled to fit GHQ's French DDs:

The first number is the number of the flotilla the ship was assigned too. The second number is the position it held in the flotilla. Both the Super Destroyer "X" and smaller DD "T" pennants will be available in white-black shadow and Wine- deep red. Historical resources are very hard to come by for the number of Flotillas and average DD number of each. Open to any and all feedback or reference material suggestions before I start printing runs of the above proofs.

If someone can point me in the direction of a reference source for Italian pennant numbers I would be equally grateful!

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Outstanding! I’ve got some French DDs in my to do pile, and they just wouldn’t look right without those large numbers! When I get a chance, I’ll check my bookshelf for Italian DDs, I know I have cruiser and BB books, not sure about destroyers.

Flight Deck Decals
E5

I have the hull letters for all Italian DDs except:
Nicolo Zeno
Lancerotto Malocello
Giovanni da Verazzano

Maybe Regia Marina has a resource to ID those last 3 holdouts?

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Are the French decals on your site yet? I couldn’t find them if they are.

Flight Deck Decals
E5

Beagle wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:27 am
Are the French decals on your site yet? I couldn’t find them if they are.
Not yet. Finalized the proofs last night. Will start print runs tomorrow. Friday will seal prints. Will take them 24 hrs to dry. Will post them Friday night for Saturday shipment ready.

Thanks!
Dan

PS TY RM for the assist on the Italian DDs!

regia-marina
E5

Post by regia-marina »

Flight Deck Decals wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:19 am
I have the hull letters for all Italian DDs except:
Nicolo Zeno
Lancerotto Malocello
Giovanni da Verazzano

Maybe Regia Marina has a resource to ID those last 3 holdouts?
I have them! I'll send them to you.