The most tanks

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

panzergator
E5

Re: The most tanks

Post by panzergator »

Redleg, we all started somewhere. I started with a US M60A2 platoon and a Soviet tank company in 1978.
All blessings flow from a good mission statement.
Pogo was right. So was Ike.
"A Gentleman is a man who is only rude intentionally." (Churchill)
Give credit. Take responsibility.

Hoth_902
E5

Post by Hoth_902 »

Hey panzer, I think I missed this, but what is your count on tanks?
Quantity has a Quality all its own.

http://warriorbear.weebly.com/

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

Hoth, you CAUGHT me. Will post it tonight. Have to inventory, which means a painful trip to the basement.

Hoth_902
E5

Post by Hoth_902 »

Panzer,

Ooopsy... :oops:
Quantity has a Quality all its own.

http://warriorbear.weebly.com/

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

Well, it's been a very long two days (wife is on vacation) and I was just too damned tired to make my way to the basement this evening. We will see if I can get there tomorrow morning.

Donald M. Scheef
E5

Post by Donald M. Scheef »

The most tank(er)s I have is ninety-nine of the T2-SE-A1.
Don S.
"When a fire starts to burn,
here's a lesson you must learn:
something-something and you'll see
you'll avoid catastrophe."
D'oh!

nashorn88
E5

Post by nashorn88 »

Donald M. Scheef wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:06 am
The most tank(er)s I have is ninety-nine of the T2-SE-A1.
Don S.
Lol
Guess we should do ships too.

BurtWolf
E5

Post by BurtWolf »

Redleg I feel your pain! In looking at everybody’s massive numbers, and to think at one point I thought my collection was pretty big, I found myself putting together a shopping list and filling a GHQ shopping cart. The only thing that stopped me was the realization of the diatribe my better half would fire off at me after clearing out her account attached to PayPal hahahaha.

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

Ok, Hoth, here it is. The most numerous tanks are the M60 series variants at 531 - M60A3=60, M60A1(AoA)=60, M60A2=198, M60A1=156, M60=57. They are distributed in 6 divisional tank battalions, an ACR squadron, an armored group, and two companies.

I also have 130 M1A1s in two armor battalions in a separate armored brigade and a company team backing a cavalry squadron, and an M1 company of 14 reinforcing a J series divisional cavalry squadron.

There are 183 M551s distributed in a USAREUR ACR squadron, a divisional cavalry squadron, and a 6-company light armor battalion.

The armor group additionally contains a 54-tank M48A5 battalion. The M103s will form an 18-tank heavy company backing a planned M48A1 battalion for an E series brigade.

My NATO brigade contains a British armored regiment of 1Chieftain squadron of 18 and two 18-tank Challenger I squadrons, a Panzerbattalion of 15 Leo IIs and 14 Leo Is, and a French armor squadron with 17 AMX30s and 5 LeClerc.

This list doesn't include the mech, arty, ADA, and engineer units, vehicles in the bone yard waiting for rebuild, repair, or onversion, or awaiting issue to various organizations. For instance, the light armor battalion will eventually be broken into 3 ACR squadrons with 27 Sheridans each once the other vehicles are acquired.

The total tanks and ARAAVs amount to 1070. Not even close to Chris of the Mini Masses.
Last edited by panzergator on Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Holy sh*t PG,
You have a ton. I remember some of the M60 series stuff you picked up.
You are able to defend Gator Nation rather well.
If you get any reports on thousands of AFVs in Aussie Camo coming your way. It is false. Completely false. We are sending a small delegation to visit your wonderful country of 4 vehicles. Buses made into Gator coach vehicles to enjoy traveling to Gator sporting events like football, basketball and of course Swim meets. Oh yes gymnastic meets, too.
. I have counted 262 M1A1 in Aussie camo, have 6 Abrams Panther mine cleaning vehicles, 1 hull that I need to put a turret on to be an M1A1. Also have a company or 2 of Merkava IV, 1-2 of Oliphants. Probably 200 Ratels, mostly with a hull from over seas with GHQ turret, 100 Rooikats. Also bunch of Boxers, 2 companies M103A2, 2 cos of Jagd-Abrams. All in Aussie camo.
Last edited by chrisswim on Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chris

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Cama, even the USMC have as much armor as the Canadian Army.... well not anymore.
I do have a bunch.
Chris

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

Cama,

Last I saw, the Marines were still figuring out where their tanks were going. I believe this is a mistake and they will want them back. Hope it won't be a painful lesson. Three battalions (regiment in Canada and UK). Marines don't usually employ tanks the way the US Army does. One ban per division, parcel ed out for infantry support. But the Commandant has decided to change the doctrine and do away with the tanks.

I know Canada has evolved, but I still think in terms of the Cold War-era 4th Canadian Mechanized Brigade Group. In remembrance of it, the NATO brigade does include a mechanized team with 4Leo 1A4s. I should expand it to a battalion.

Chris, you have to give up this "bunch" as a term for your stuff. It is akin to a horde. Or a murder of crows. The numbers are too imprecise. And aside from your Aussie-camo'd M1s how many others do you have. We'll give you three weeks to get your inventory finished. After that, you can organize by units and we'll have something to relate to.

I forgot to count my Russians, but I have an MRD w/T72s in the three 40-tank bns, T62s in the tank regiment, plus a 5-company independent tank in.. Haven't tended to my Russians since the wall came down.

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

I think at one point the only tanks were the ones in 4CMBG. The Canadian armour guys in Canada had to use that 6-wheeled thing with a Scorpion turret on it. Rough times! I read that most training required constant recovery from mud. Was glad when they got the LEOs.
Last edited by panzergator on Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Now look what you've done! I have no choice but to inventory all of my micro armor. Full layout in the motor pool! Thankfully I don't have as much to layout as a lot of you guys. My wife is not happy with the "clutter".

So I'll start with the tank I have most of: the good old Abrams. I have 213 total tanks. That breaks down into 50 GHQ M1A2s, 108 GHQ M1A1s, and 55 CinC M1A1s. Here is the whole collection:

123 of them are in the ACR (41 per squadron)

58 are in the Marine tank battalion

And there are some leftovers and my daughter's tanks

And of course a closeup of the kid's tanks
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

They are all painted! Well done!