Sounds too good?

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

nashorn88
E5

Sounds too good?

Post by nashorn88 »

I been doing a binge buying of micro armor recently.
Yea I’m cheap so buying a lot from other gamer. Guess I can’t past up a good deal. Funny thing is I usually don’t even open them up I just store them for a rainy day....lol

But a few nights ago I was on eBay and brought a large lot of new 1/2400. Seem too good to be true but wth so I did a buy it now.
Emailed the seller and it seem he runs a house clearing service. So the owner pass away and the family didn’t want any of the stuff. Sad 😞
Haven’t been sent yet but maybe too good to be true. I’ll update if I get them.

Anyone else found amazing deals lately?

redleg
E5

Re: Sounds too good?

Post by redleg »

I've picked some good deals up through ebay. I've also sold a few lots of vehicles through ebay - stuff that I for sure didn't need any more, only to decided I needed them later after they were sold!

A few years back I also scored a good deal on a large 1/2400 scale ship lot. Same situation. At least now my wife knows what to do with all my micro armor when I die.

I remember someone on this forum (I think) mentioning that they scored a big lot of micro armor at an estate sale some years back. Now every time I see an estate sale sign (which is every weekend) I drag my wife in there to see if there is any micro armor. It's ben a few years of this and not a single tank or ship to be found.
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

Hoth_902
E5

Post by Hoth_902 »

Your going to let your wife sell your collection when you die? What!!!!!! I am putting in my will that she needs to keep the collection as part of the terms of the estate and inheritance.... She is not allowed to get rid of one piece.. LMFAO!!
Quantity has a Quality all its own.

http://warriorbear.weebly.com/

BurtWolf
E5

Post by BurtWolf »

Are used to buy some stuff off of eBay, but I pretty quickly came up with a rule that I was only going to buy new and recent sculpts. It was a pain to clean old paint jobs abd I hate having an older version of a nice model. That has really curtailed my buying g on eBay of used GHQ...

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

I suppose I could leave all my micro armor to my daughter, but I know she's going to paint everything purple and I don't know if I can handle that!

I had a 1/600 scale carrier out one day and we were playing with a bunch of planes. She has her own F-18 squadron - the Fighting Princesses. I was trying to drop bombs on stuff but our ops sounded like this:

Kid: "These guys are friends with those guys"
Me: "I'm going to kill those guys"
Kid: "NO! they are friends. they are coming over to play"
Me: "If they come into my space I'm going to kill them"
Kid: "They want to give you a kiss! Let's all fly to the park!"
Me: "I'm going to drop bombs on the park"
Kid: "NO! My house is at the park. We're all flying to my house for a sleepover!"
Me: "F-18s can't land like that"
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

StarCruiser
E5

Post by StarCruiser »

Ahhh...kids. Gotta love 'em!
"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of java that the thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire the shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion." - Programmer's Mantra

nashorn88
E5

Post by nashorn88 »

Well it’s on the way. Maybe get in the next few days.
I’ll post a pic when I do.

Once I found a single sdkfz 250 mixed into so toy at a flea market. I went through all the bins to find nothing else.

nashorn88
E5

Post by nashorn88 »

Guroburov
E5

Post by Guroburov »

That's an amazing haul, Nashorn. I'm jealous.

BurtWolf
E5

Post by BurtWolf »

I scored a pretty excellent deal here recently - $4 a pack for about 20 packs of new, various axis pieces. There are still some deals out there. Don’t worry GHQ I have my list for the Black Friday sale...