Does GHQ have a after Christmas sale?

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

Brigade Commander
E5

Re: Winter Sale is ON!

Post by Brigade Commander »

And I have so taken part in it!
"It is a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the road and, if you do not keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to."

Bilbo Baggins to Frodo Baggins.

Guroburov
E5

Re: Does GHQ have a after Christmas sale?

Post by Guroburov »

I put my order in on Sunday, now tapping feet impatiently while they struggle to fulfill our dreams.

Brigade Commander
E5

Guroburov wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:26 am
I put my order in on Sunday, now tapping feet impatiently while they struggle to fulfill our dreams.
Thank you for voicing it Guroburov.

I put my order in Sunday afternoon and while I was at work today I wanted to just ask aloud: "Is it here yet?!" The whole brigade is a mess because the FSB has only a handful of vehicles. Few supplies, almost no maintenance and no medical support. Cannot wait for the USNS Algol T-AKR 287 to arrive with most of the rest of the battalion's vehicles.
"It is a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the road and, if you do not keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to."

Brigade Commander
E5

We should start a campaign for a quarterly GHQ sale. Along with the monthly web specials maybe we could get a 10% sale at the end of every quarter. Or maybe the beginning? It would help us and might spread GHQ's sales out across the year better for a more even cash flow?

nashorn88
E5

Post by nashorn88 »

Didn’t take part on last days of discount since I had miscast mini from my last order.

Guroburov
E5

Post by Guroburov »

I'm not good at this "patience" thing. The last two days I've been crawling up the walls wondering how long it'll take GHQ to fulfill my order and put postage on it and tracking. Then I looked in here and realized it's only been a week since I placed my order. Me along with who knows how many other people. Sheepishly gotta go back to waiting. It's hard.

Brigade Commander
E5

Re: Winter Sale is ON!

Brigade Commander wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:12 am
And I have so taken part in it!
According to the email received this evening it has shipped!

Now the next round of waiting. (Sigh...)

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

I did get a second order in the last day. Waiting for the word it has shipped.
All blessings flow from a good mission statement.
Pogo was right. So was Ike.
"A Gentleman is a man who is only rude intentionally." (Churchill)
Give credit. Take responsibility.

Tanker Mike

Post by Tanker Mike »

I placed my order on the last day and it has not shipped. No surprise given the number or orders they no doubt have to fill.

Besides, it's not like I have any unpainted units to paint.... :P

This order will be for an entire Panzerspähkompanie b the heart of which is the PSW II recon tank. Usually known as the Luchs. Although, there are some soft-skins in the order as well.

Mike

Guroburov
E5

Post by Guroburov »

Postage received the package is on the way. Hopefully arriving on my day off on Friday. Mind you the high here in Dallas is gonna be 22 that day. :shock:

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

I feel ferya. The high here in Kansas on Friday will be SEVEN! The low will be MINUS ONE. We are in the midst of two weeks of this stuff. It would be NICE to SEE 22. Of course, it's a good day to stay inside and paint...

E5

Post by 7.62 »

:mrgreen:
Day four of my local weather warning. Cama's and Mech's will probably be aboot the same. It is very festive looking outside!

"Warning
3:17 PM MST Tuesday 09 February 2021
Extreme Cold Warning in effect.

Extremely cold wind chill values between minus 40 and minus 55 continue.

This prolonged cold snap is expected to persist into the weekend for many areas of Alberta. There will be some moderation in temperature at times, typically during daylight hours.
Watch for cold related symptoms: shortness of breath, chest pain, muscle pain and weakness, numbness and colour change in fingers and toes.
Cover up. Frostbite can develop within minutes on exposed skin, especially with wind chill.
If it's too cold for you to stay outside, it's too cold for your pet to stay outside.
Extreme cold warnings are issued when very cold temperatures or wind chill creates an elevated risk to health such as frost bite and hypothermia."

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

And of course, no matter how cold we are, we know our friends in Canada are colder. And it gets there earlier and leaves later, if at all. Stay warm, Folks. Minus 10 is more than enough for me. If it weren't for children and grandchildren living here, I would be in Gainesville, Fl eating seafood.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

We're having cold weather here in Southern California as well. It's supposed to get down to 65 degrees today! Even worse - there' a chance of rain on Friday and no one in California knows how to drive in the rain!
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

Hardship, inDEED, Redleg. The King of Battle's balls will be turning blue. And they won't much good to the Queen of battle if that happens.