WW2 Soviets

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

BurtWolf
E5

Re: WW2 Soviets

Post by BurtWolf »

I believe the Hornby set is R619 and it is discontinued... o found it used on eBay and hit a decent stock. marklin makes an M230 planning track set that is 1/5 scale and, according to a poster in another forum, works well with 1/285. I have not tried marklin tracks so I can’t vouch for them.

I have tracks by Leven Miniatures as well but like the Hornby better.

CG2
E5

Post by CG2 »

I hate to think how much a full BP42 or BP44 Armoured Train would cost from GHQ!
CG2

CG2
E5

Post by CG2 »

The problem with that is that a lot of people can't afford that. GHQ has become more and more expensive in recent years and paying $12 for a single model like a bridgelayer is a killer. The whole point of 1/285 scale is to field larger units and this is becoming less and less feasible with GHQ, especially for the younger generations. The youngsters move to lower quality or resin models or just stay with console games. This has been the case in a number of 'hobby' areas already and the whole hobby dies a death because youngsters don't come up to replace the oldsters who pass away. GHQ's Napoleonic ships are an example - beautiful hulls (but poor sails) but 3 times the price of reasonable quality models. The result is that they're all right at the bottom of GHQ's best sellers list.
CG2

CG2
E5

Post by CG2 »

That's fair enough and as long as there are enough people like you, GHQ will be fine!
CG2

BurtWolf
E5

Post by BurtWolf »

I think GHQ could put a few pricey items in the shelf. Custom made to order so they wouldn’t be out of pocket and if you wanted it and could afford it - then there you go. For rare items that fielded only a handful (where gamers might only need one e.g. Karl Morser) I think this would be fine.

I’d buy an armored train... just one... okay maybe two.