My Grandfathers St Laurent DDH

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

MechCommander
E5

My Grandfathers St Laurent DDH

Post by MechCommander »

Hey guys I happen to have this picture of what could be my Grandfathers St Laurent DDH. He said he served on HMCS Fraser, but this DDH in the picture is that of HMCS Skeena, in a middile of is NBC training.

MechCommander
E5

Re: My Grandfathers St Laurent DDH

Post by MechCommander »

Funny enough Cama, my grandfather did try to take me and brother onboard the Fraser once when she was in Victoria, sadly we never got the chance to board her, kind wished they kept it as a museum, rather then scrapping her. :(

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Great picture and story. Thanx for sharing.
Chris

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

Your welcome Chris, though I have yet to confirm which ship he was on, sadly he passed away 3 years ago, if anyone in the Royal Canadian Navy sees this post, please look for a Brian Elliott in there service records from the time when these DDHs where still around.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

Unfortunately Cama, information on my Grandfather is... almost non existent at best, as sadly my family split up 11 years ago so what ever info i had on him was gone with it. The only things I know is the name Brian Elliott, and the fact that he was a able seaman onboard that ship. I honestly don't even know his birthday.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

It would be very nice to have my Grandfathers ship done by GHQ that would mean alot to me.