My wish list

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

Roger H
E5

My wish list

Post by Roger H »

As a long time “ investor” in GHQ ‘s modern micro armor, here’s my wish list for my 1980’s US Army forces

1) M800 series or M 54 5 Ton truck -
The current M900 series truck that is offered by GHQ is patterned differently and is really a fictional hybrid between the M 900 and 800 5 tons . It really doesn’t fit in a Vietnam era scenario nor does it fit for the Israelis .
2) AH 1 Cobra-
Desperately need to come out with an F version with the flat plate canopy and engine heat deflector to be realistic in the late 80s or Desert Storm . Also need to retool the current Q model to reflect the G models used in Vietnam .
3) OH-13 Sioux
Needed for Korean War, Early Vietnam, India/Pakistan scenarios
4) A-7 Corsair
Gotta have it for Grenada/ Lebanon
5 ) OV-1 Mohawk
Would be great for early Vietnam scenarios, especially as air support for those H-21 and H-34 models .
6) D-8 Cat Dozers w/ lowboy transports
That’s all we had before the M-9 ACE came along
7) M-880 or CUCV
Need maybe a mixed pack with the two door SUV version along with the ambulance and 11/4 ton pickup/ electronic shelter carrier .
8) M715 Kaiser 1 1/4 ton trucks
While we are at it, the Kaiser versions are desperately needed for the Vietnam scenarios .
9 ) Ground mount TOW
Now that CinC is out of the picture , GHQ needs to step up and do this one!
10) The Mighty C-130
This one I request for the massive variety of options you have here . I managed to kitbash up a Puff the Magic Dragon from the C-47s when they came out. We could do the same here in different varieties including gunships, flare ships, regular transports , command birds, etc .
Just my two cents.........

panzergator
E5

Re: My wish list

Post by panzergator »

I second Roger's nominees, especially fir the M54/M800 series 5t, M715, CUCV. These vehicles were ubiquitous from the early '50s, 60s, '70s, and '80s. 40 years, at least for the 5tons, merits inclusion in this line. Add the M37b1 as well.
All blessings flow from a good mission statement.
Pogo was right. So was Ike.
"A Gentleman is a man who is only rude intentionally." (Churchill)
Give credit. Take responsibility.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

CinC is not entirely out of the picture. As some of their molds went to a Canadian online store called Legion IV hire. Which is kind of a win for me and 7.62 since where both from Canada.
Last edited by MechCommander on Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hoth_902
E5

Post by Hoth_902 »

I agree, ground mounted TOW launcher. How about some radio men for the most modern infantry packs. Also other poses. And of course vehicle stowage. This would include, tarps, packs, wheels, crates, boxes, etc etc. I want to customize my vehicles. Maybe some new buildings or fortifications.
Quantity has a Quality all its own.

http://warriorbear.weebly.com/

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

Definitely gonna need those Tow Launchers for my Canadians.

Roger H
E5

Post by Roger H »

And for Goodness sake...........how about the M38 jeep and the M211 GMC deuce and a half as well???

whoa Mohamed
E5

Post by whoa Mohamed »

Speaking of tractors how about the Rome plow.
It would make a fine addition to the Vietnam range.
every man for all mens rights
all men for every mans rights

smarzotais

Post by smarzotais »

I, personally, as a new customer trying to design and build out a wacky third world semi-modern wheeled 'mech infantry battalion, reinforced' would very much appreciate some more love from GHQ for the 'Third World Warrior' branch of the modern minis...

For example, Brazil- Urutu and Cascavel are amazing for fitting out some classic cold war+ armies, but what about the same force ~today~? The Brazilians are current fielding and exporting the next gen like the Guarani APC. And what about that developed but failed MBT they did in the 80's/90s - the Osorio? Great options to fill out such an army.

Additionally, South Africa needs some love- Ratels? Great! But what about the iconic G6 "Rhino" SP howitzer? Its unique looks and battlefield/export success alone make it a great addition to GHQ's roster. Im also partial to wheeled vehicles generally, especially SP artillery, so how about some love for Nora's, Zuzana's, and Dana's? How about some generic 'third world warrior' pickup technicals with mortar's in the back? I'd be a huge fan.

Finally, take a gander at the new stuff coming out of Turkish arms companies recently. Some interesting armored vehicles that arent widely fielded but are striking at first glance and could serve to flesh out 21st century 'opfor' esque units!