GHQ, Moderators, et al

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

GHQ
Site Admin

Re: GHQ, Moderators, et al

Post by GHQ »

panzergator wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:42 am
Thank you, GHQ. I appreciate the response to our concerns. Please take down the Fireball thread, or at least remove the poston page 2, 5th post down, with the coarse term.
We looked on page 2 of the forum, and didn't see any threads that Fireball started. Can you be more specific? What is the title (use ______ for any coarse terms). We don't want any foul language, so we will take it down if we can find it.

Thanks,
GHQ

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

You misunderstood the location. I bumped the Fireball thread, so it should be right under this one. Open the thread, go to page 2 of the Fireball thread, then count 5 posts down. Look at the last sentence in that post. You will find the phrase "whinny(sic) little " t**t.". Please remove that phrase, or better, the whole thread.
All blessings flow from a good mission statement.
Pogo was right. So was Ike.
"A Gentleman is a man who is only rude intentionally." (Churchill)
Give credit. Take responsibility.

Vergeltungswaffe

Post by Vergeltungswaffe »

I am very happy to have my account restored.

Thanks GHQ for everything you do.

Looking forward to enjoying your products and this forum for many more years.
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't.

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

I'm glad to see you back, too.

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

Bumped fr GHQ

BurtWolf
E5

Post by BurtWolf »

Thank you for weighing in GHQ and providing this forum- it has been of great benefit to me and I’m sure others. Frankly I would not have jumped into your line had I not seen the work posted on the forum, and I therefore give the forum credit for my deep interest and large collection of your miniatures.

Vergeltungswaffe

Post by Vergeltungswaffe »

panzergator wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:16 pm
I'm glad to see you back, too.
Thank you.

You, Sir, are a scholar and a gentleman.
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't.

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

Thank you, GHQ, for taking down the offending phrase.

GHQ
Site Admin

Post by GHQ »

Thanks for all of the nice feedback! We are making an effort to make, and maintain, improvements here on the forum. We have also received some nice e-mails, and phone calls. One e-mail really summed up the whole purpose of having a forum on our website when he wrote:

"The forum has really helped me connect with other people and now have friends across the country."

As we previously noted, this is sometimes a tough hobby for people because there often isn't someone nearby who shares your interest. We think that it's great that people from all over the world have been able to connect with each other through our forum. Incidentally, over the years we have also heard from people who connected with people who live nearby, and they have said that they never would have made that connection without first meeting here.

As we have been telling everyone the last few days, please spread the word about our forum to anyone who you think may be interested, and post as much as you can. A vibrant, active forum is the best way to build the number of people who read and post here.

Thank you for your support,
GHQ

CAMK9A

Post by CAMK9A »

StarCruiser here - still waiting for a response to my query on my old account (that would be the one called "starcruiser" instead of this temp one)...

It's sad that this forum has gone through so much insanity lately. I'm not sure if it's all Fireball's fault - he did try to contribute but, he does have a personal issue to deal with.

Guroburov
E5

Post by Guroburov »

Welcome back Vergeltungswaffe. Hopefully you'll be reinstated Starcruiser.

Starcruiser, even Fireball realized he'd gone far in attacking people. I told him he should focus on contributing and new ideas. I haven't heard from him since but hope he's well. I know a number of people have since said they stayed away while he was on here, which is sad. We want an inclusive community. He has his personal life to deal with as well. Hopefully we can all move forward and try to keep improving on the forum.

StarCruiser
E5

Post by StarCruiser »

Yep! I'm back!

Thanks GHQ. Now, I have to get down to business. Seeing that Flightdeckdecals had some new Soviet deck decals (kinda waiting for a Kiev class set to show up), I need to start the prep work to build an old Kirov.
"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of java that the thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire the shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion." - Programmer's Mantra

Guroburov
E5

Post by Guroburov »

Welcome back Starcruiser.

Post pics when you get your soviets done. I ordered decals last month so I'm not sure if I got the new ones or old ones. They look good so I'm not worried. But I still want to see your soviets. We'll compare and contrast.

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

Welcome back, Starcruiser. I didn't understand banning Vergeltungswaffe or you because I never saw any post that might have justified it. It's good to see familiar names back on the forum.

CG2
E5

Post by CG2 »

Welcome back. Shame it's taken all this for GHQ to actually contribute to its own forum.
CG2