Fireball

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

Guroburov
E5

Fireball

Post by Guroburov »

I just saw that every one of Fireball's posts are gone. Anyone know what happened?

Just like in Thor: Ragnarok, he's gone missing. Not sure if a seductive Lord of Thunder is involved.

panzergator
E5

Re: Fireball

Post by panzergator »

And yet, the Russians are still here. Sumpin' is rotten in Denmark. And GHQ. Call Security. The Forum is goin' fast . It'll bleed out if they don't patch it. I'll check back, but I won't sign in again until this is fixed. Too risky. Panzergator out.
All blessings flow from a good mission statement.
Pogo was right. So was Ike.
"A Gentleman is a man who is only rude intentionally." (Churchill)
Give credit. Take responsibility.

Guroburov
E5

Post by Guroburov »

Yeah, that's what I was wondering about. Starcruiser gets hit, Fireball is gone, the announcements sticky at the top is gone, not-Cama is still listed as moderator, GHQ hasn't seen/doesn't care. Very worried.

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

My guess FB deleted his stuff.
Chris

Guroburov
E5

Post by Guroburov »

Fireball was banned. They removed almost all his threads too, so all our discussions within the threads are just gone. Only his old threads (minus his comments) are still there.

Guroburov
E5

Post by Guroburov »

He just sent this:

My friends higher powers at play have decided that I have become liability to the forum.
Please implement my suggestions specially the one about model review who Panzer will run... You owe me that much Panzergator.
Have I been easy to live with for the past 5 years? maybe not but You have to admit it was exciting.
I never attacked someone on this forum who could not defend himself that's why I apologized to Chris unreservedly I went after Panzergator and Hoth because they can dish it out and take it., my respect to you gentlemen.
Far out I don't know what's gonna happen now
I send a letter to GHQ to reinstate me but I wouldn't hold my breath ... it was a Fireball's type of a letter.

Tom

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

I don't know what got him banned, but he did generate traffic on the forum. I would rather the time and effort be devoted to all the Cyrillic spam being posted, as well as those like "Actress," etc. That stuff just takes up space and gets in the way. We could choose to respond or ignore Fireball. The spam just diesn't belong on the forum.

Maybe GHQ hasn't noticed that cama's old moderator listing at the top has been changed to "FU GHQ."

Brutal times here.
All blessings flow from a good mission statement.
Pogo was right. So was Ike.
"A Gentleman is a man who is only rude intentionally." (Churchill)
Give credit. Take responsibility.

CG2
E5

Post by CG2 »

I think you have to consider how many people he put off using the forum too - I certainly chose not to participate in any thread where he was actively involved. I can't imagine anything being a greater deterrent to younger people wanting to be a part of the forum. However, people aren't wrong about GHQ's lack of interest in the forum doing it damage too - even a single post each month saying how things are going would be a significant improvement.
CG2

regia-marina
E5

Post by regia-marina »

I hate to see anyone get banned. Too much of that in our society these days. I too never participated in his threads until the past few days and I regret having done so. It was not worth my time and just confirmed my reasons for never engaging in anything he was involved with. CG2 said it well.

On another note, I hope GHQ becomes a bit more active in the forum too. It would be nice if they would give us a sneak peak at what they are working on once in awhile. It would be nice if they would ask us questions about why we are asking for a certain model. Just a little engagement would be great! They don't need to worry about another company getting the jump on them in this day and age. Shapeways is already filling the gaps. I for one would replace my Shapeways models with GHQ when they become available. GHQ models are better detailed, heavier and much more durable.

whenimaginationfails
E5

Post by whenimaginationfails »

Aye CG2 & regia-marina: having at least a monthly post with either the latest figures released or the latest TAC news would be a vast improvement.

Actually engaging with customers would be far better: Which castings should we improve on? What would you like to see? What games are you playing at your club? How are we doing? How would we improve?

Not much 1/2400 naval or 6mm ww2/moderns in my area. Having an updated opponent finder would be great. The main club they list for my area went inactive years ago. My local hobby store doesn't order 6mm figures since they find they don't sell, though I am able to pick up (older) figures they manage to get periodically. Lot's of 40K, MTG, Flames of War and Bolt Action do seem to sell. Good place with lots of tables, but even they finally had to move further away from downtown.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

whenimaginationfails wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:44 am
Not much 1/2400 naval or 6mm ww2/moderns in my area. Having an updated opponent finder would be great. The main club they list for my area went inactive years ago. My local hobby store doesn't order 6mm figures since they find they don't sell, though I am able to pick up (older) figures they manage to get periodically. Lot's of 40K, MTG, Flames of War and Bolt Action do seem to sell. Good place with lots of tables, but even they finally had to move further away from downtown.
I honestly know how that feels, the local hobby shops in my home town does not even do historical games let alone carry 6mm stuff. Its more MTG and Pokemon and less miniatures. Sad part is, the large downtown store has a great basement gaming area, unfortunately the "Entrepreneur" who currently owns the place is rather incompetent. As a result that space is often devoid of good terrain tables to play any mini games, just empty tables with Mats for MTG and Pokemon. :cry:

Guroburov
E5

Post by Guroburov »

Local shops here do 40k Battletech and Star Wars Legion if they do anything beyond board games. Even those shops are far away from me.

snowball

Post by snowball »

It is I Fireball and before any one comments on my new name be careful or you will get the full FB treatment.
I couldn't fail to notice that people who stayed silent for the 5 years I have been on the forum now feel the urge to critique FB because I'm not here to defend myself.
CG2 you wrote this "I think you have to consider how many people he put off using the forum too" that's just beautiful it really is, allow me a moment so that I can wipe the tears from my eyes. Although You forgot to mention my essay on Japanese aircraft carriers, my very successful thread on how to improve this forum and me giving you the chance to vote on the minis GHQ was going to produce few years back.
Its like this CG2 this thing will go one of two ways
1) I get banned again
2) You will claim higher moral ground because You are going to loose this argument, believe me quit while You're ahead because I'm a master at word games.
One thing also me and Panzegator have history sometimes we don't see eye to eye but look at his posts since I have been banned, You don't see anything bad said about me that is integrity look it up it's in the dictionary.
Now to my children Mr. Guroburov, Starcruiser and Burtwolf I'm really in Your debt as to how sometimes You defend me on this forum it has not gone unnoticed.
One more thing Regia Marina You keep coming up in my threads but you comments are as relevant as the Italian Navy was in WW2
Last edited by snowball on Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

snowball

Post by snowball »

That last one was a good one wasn't it? :)

alphaco

Post by alphaco »

Just sad... Please consider getting some professional help Fire / Snow ball.
Last edited by alphaco on Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.