Bling for your WWII Tanks?

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

Flight Deck Decals
E5

Bling for your WWII Tanks?

Post by Flight Deck Decals »

I'm wrapping up design for WWII British tank divisions. The decals were a real technical challenge. My favorite is the the 7th "Desert Rats" tag as my daughter did the digital artwork for that one. She also solved a white undercoat choke issue I kept running into. Her fee was an Apple pencil which a happily supplied. The pic is of 6th Armoured Division tags on a testbed GHQ Sherman. Received a request to do a set for the 27th armoured brigade so I'm going to work on those tags as well as German barrel kill markers. The seahorse design for the 27th is not too complicated so I think I can make it work. Now if I can just catchup on a few more decal designs I might be able to get back to painting some models for my own collection.

Flight Deck Decals
E5

Re: Bling for your WWII Tanks?

And can someone explain the British Senior / Junior Regiment structure to me?

regia-marina
E5

Post by regia-marina »

Flight Deck Decals-
I'm glad you and your daughter are on the forum and sticking around. Your decals make my models look great both on display and on the gaming mat. I have them on the Aquila, Graf Zeppelin and my entire Regia Aeronautica. Thanks!

Hoth_902
E5

Post by Hoth_902 »

Flight Deck Decals -

Probably too much work, but have you ever thought of doing decals for fuel and water trucks. Maybe the red diamond flammable ones. Or maybe doing some Medical markers for the front of the Stryker Medical vehicle and smaller square medical crosses for the Medical humvees and such.. I am sure you have your hands full but never hurts to ask.
Quantity has a Quality all its own.

http://warriorbear.weebly.com/

Cav Dog
E5

Post by Cav Dog »

Cavalry crossed sabres for vehicles and choppers are needed and unavailable anyplace else I have found.
Tactics are the opinion of the senior officer present.

Hoth_902
E5

Post by Hoth_902 »

Yes, crossed sabers would be awesome. Of course my bradley tows are not nearly as cleaned up to recieve them. Lol
Quantity has a Quality all its own.

http://warriorbear.weebly.com/

PolishGI
E5

Post by PolishGI »

Another for helicopter nose art. Crossed sabres... Death Before Dishonor, Shark teeth, random sayings on the sides...

Pick your poison for all of the combat units and their "art" from Vietnam to modern day.
Image Charlie don't surf!
"Don't do things by half."
GHQ BUILD THREAD

BurtWolf
E5

Post by BurtWolf »

Very cool!! May tempt me to try decals again...
How about Russian slogans? Or does someone make them already?

Flight Deck Decals
E5

Regia-marina,

Glad we are too. Looks like GHQ is on it. Thank you for your support both past and present>

Cheers,
Dan

Flight Deck Decals
E5

Hoth_902 wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:11 am
Flight Deck Decals -

Probably too much work, but have you ever thought of doing decals for fuel and water trucks. Maybe the red diamond flammable ones. Or maybe doing some Medical markers for the front of the Stryker Medical vehicle and smaller square medical crosses for the Medical humvees and such.. I am sure you have your hands full but never hurts to ask.
Hoth,

So the red crosses in both square and round are available. I did mixed sizes so that they would work with both 1-285 vehicles & 1-2400 ships. Did not think of the fuel, water and hazard symbols. Will see what I can come up. Guessing not everyone has a fleet of trucks and tankers. Can you think of other truck / transport symbols I can add to the sheets? May for WWII Fuel in German, English & Italian plus motor support tags? For moderns, hazard symbols plus English & Russian?

Thanks,
Dan
Last edited by Flight Deck Decals on Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Flight Deck Decals
E5

Cav Dog wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:26 am
Cavalry crossed sabres for vehicles and choppers are needed and unavailable anyplace else I have found.
Well there you have it... I did 7th AirCav symbols for helos and vehicles but did not think of just crossed sabers... Ok on the todo list. Give me a week or two.

Flight Deck Decals
E5

PolishGI wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:57 am
Another for helicopter nose art. Crossed sabres... Death Before Dishonor, Shark teeth, random sayings on the sides...

Pick your poison for all of the combat units and their "art" from Vietnam to modern day.
Have sharks teeth. Three versions for aircraft:-) Did them for WWII plans. Also several much larger sets for CS 1-300 PT & Fairmiles. Will see if they work on modern Helos.

I have been slowly collecting sayings / names for WWII British & Russian tanks. I really need to just get them done. Did not think of moderns though,

Flight Deck Decals
E5

Feel free to post sayings you would want included. If they would not pass the censor bot, PM me:-)
Last edited by Flight Deck Decals on Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Flight Deck Decals
E5

PolishGI wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:57 am

Have sharks teeth. Three sheets with multiple versions for 1-285 aircraft:-) Also several much larger sets for CS 1-300 PT & Fairmiles. Will see if they work on modern Helos or if I need to redesign them.

I have been slowly collecting sayings / names for WWII British & Russian tanks. I really need to just get them done. Did not think of moderns though. The issue with both bomber and vehicle noise art is with the resin printer. It really struggles with multiple colors and shades at that scale.

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

[/quote]
Did not think of the flue, water and hazard symbols. Will see what I can come up. Guessing not everyone has a fleet of trucks and tankers. Can you think of other truck / transport symbols I can add to the sheets? May for WWII Fuel in German, English & Italian plus motor support tags?

Thanks,
Dan
[/quote]

Well, now I’m going to to have to wait to work on the division trains for 2nd Armored until I can get some good markings, lol. Guess I’ll just have to move on to one of the armored regiments.