Bling for your WWII Tanks?

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

Flight Deck Decals
E5

Re: Bling for your WWII Tanks?

Post by Flight Deck Decals »

Double post :oops:

PolishGI
E5

Post by PolishGI »

Flight Deck Decals wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:03 am
PolishGI wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:57 am
Another for helicopter nose art. Crossed sabres... Death Before Dishonor, Shark teeth, random sayings on the sides...

Pick your poison for all of the combat units and their "art" from Vietnam to modern day.

Have sharks teeth. Three sheets with multiple versions for 1-285 aircraft:-) Also several much larger sets for CS 1-300 PT & Fairmiles. Will see if they work on modern Helos or if I need to redesign them.

I have been slowly collecting sayings / names for WWII British & Russian tanks. I really need to just get them done. Did not think of moderns though. The issue with both bomber and vehicle noise art is with the resin printer. It really struggles with multiple colors and shades at that scale.
Gotcha. I can understand that at 1/285 or 1/300.
Image Charlie don't surf!
"Don't do things by half."
GHQ BUILD THREAD

Hoth_902
E5

Post by Hoth_902 »

Flight Deck Decals,

I will look around the internet for different decals that could be added to a sheet to make it worth your wild. I I will send you an email on your site when I got some stuff. I understand that you have to make money and maybe a decal set like that might not have enough meat on the bone for you to make them.
Quantity has a Quality all its own.

http://warriorbear.weebly.com/

Cav Dog
E5

Post by Cav Dog »

FDD,

I looked at your site and you have an impressive selection. I'm putting an order together but I have a question, do you know which shark's teeth set fits best on the GHQ A-10?

Thanks,
Tactics are the opinion of the senior officer present.

Flight Deck Decals
E5

Cav Dog wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:53 am
FDD,

I looked at your site and you have an impressive selection. I'm putting an order together but I have a question, do you know which shark's teeth set fits best on the GHQ A-10?

Thanks,

Please hold. I will test fit on an A10 and post a pic.

Flight Deck Decals
E5

Hoth_902 wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:55 am
Flight Deck Decals,

I will look around the internet for different decals that could be added to a sheet to make it worth your wild. I I will send you an email on your site when I got some stuff. I understand that you have to make money and maybe a decal set like that might not have enough meat on the bone for you to make them.

Hoth,

Honestly I'm not overly concerned about sales. I love the digital technical challenge. When I do a design and it does not sell, I just discount the remaining inventory and retire the design to special request to reprint. In the case of the Fuel markings, the text is so small that I could fit over 200 on a single sheet. Thinking that not too many folks (although I know at least 4 people) have 100+ Fuel trucks :wink:

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

I'm planning on getting into the trucking business more for my division...
All blessings flow from a good mission statement.
Pogo was right. So was Ike.
"A Gentleman is a man who is only rude intentionally." (Churchill)
Give credit. Take responsibility.

Hoth_902
E5

Post by Hoth_902 »

FDD,

I move my comments to a thread called Flight Deck Decals Ideas. That way we were not hijacking this thread.
Quantity has a Quality all its own.

http://warriorbear.weebly.com/

Flight Deck Decals
E5

Cav Dog wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:53 am
FDD,

Thanks,
Cav Dog,

So the shark mouth sets were designed for WWII aircraft. I do not like any of them on the A10. Even the largest are just a bit too small - short. Also the eyeballs need to be in the middle for the A10 not front or back like the WWII designs. I'm going to make a new set for moderns. Thinking A10s, F4s, and A7s. Will try to have the proof ready by the weekend. Will then do another set specifically for helos.

Cheers,
Dan

traveller

Post by traveller »

Just want to say.......THANKS DAN ......been looking for UK WW2 markings for ages
What more could a man ask for ( except Italian armour markings)
So thanks again, you're my hero of the week

traveller

Post by traveller »

Thanks Dan,
the Italian armour decals are available as are the 1st Armoured
Just what I needed to finish my N African models

regia-marina
E5

Post by regia-marina »

Just saw the Italian decals. I'm ordering tonight!

traveller

Post by traveller »

Mine came yesterday and they are superb. Dan has really done a brilliant job on these and all the other armour markings. I first asked Dan for the red/white/red flashes a couple of years ago and I'm so pleased that he took that ask and expanded the range to include so much more. Well done Dan, not only my hero of the week but you have become one of the greats of the modelling world in my book

Flight Deck Decals
E5

Thank you all. Traveller, I'm sorry they took so long. I have added a bunch of new WWII micro armor sheets:

https://www.flightdeckdecals2400.com/whats-new-items