Introduction

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

Beagle
E5

Introduction

Post by Beagle »

Hello all,
I’ve been lurking in the forum shadows for about 10 years, but never bothered to post for a few reasons. One, in the 21st century, I’d think it would be easier to post pictures, and to be honest, I kind of just loose interest trying to figure it out. The hoops you have to go through make me feel as though we were all lied too by the Jetsons, lol. There are other reasons, but, I won’t bother with those.
About my interests, I paint WWII micro armor, currently building a US 1944 heavy armored division and 1944 German panzer division with the old Command Decision rules. I also paint WWI and WWII micronauts, I play the game occasionally, but really like collecting. For a local museum I painted every ship that was at Midway, and every year the museum and our club uses them for an interpretive display describing the battle; and currently I’m paint the ships of Taffy 3. Then there is the growing armies of ACW. I love playing Fire and Fury brigade rules, and I’m building the Army of the Potomac and the Army of Northern Virginia at the time of Gettysburg using a mix of GHQ and Good Ground to get a variety of poses.
I also love painting 28mm for wargaming, Bolt Action, Barons War, SPQR.....anything from ancient to WWII, not really into fantasy stuff, and moderns are cool, but, I guess I’m just so use to seeing it all the time I can’t get into painting it.
Everyone here does fantastic work, chrisswim, panzergator, pskarr, polishgGI your terrain is awesome.

Bill

MechCommander
E5

Re: Introduction

Post by MechCommander »

Hello Beagle welcome to the forum, and yea posting pics in this forum is honestly kinda hard to do, but Ive managed it by converting my pics to ImgBB and posting it here. Sadly I honestly don't get to do any historical gaming, as my hometowns major LGS does not carry them anymore. instead they focused more on Magic and Pokemon. :(

I paint WW2 and Modern Canadian stuff.

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Beagle, welcome to ‘live’ GHQ forum. Glad you have enjoyed it. Hope you will continue to enjoy the forum, the posts and discussion. Thank you for saying hello.
Chris

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Hi Beagle! Welcome to the Forum!

Hoth_902
E5

Post by Hoth_902 »

Yea, welcome to the forum
Quantity has a Quality all its own.

http://warriorbear.weebly.com/

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

Welcome, Beagle. Glad to have more company here. I admire your aspiration to build a US armored division. Will it be the heavy or light version and in what year if the heavy? (Collecting is my area if interest - ROAD, mostly H series TOE, but battalions from E, G, and H series). I have a sample armor and mech battalion with all wheels and tracks, but most battalions are just the tracked vehicles. Brigade Commander is putting together a brigade, complete with DISCOM support wheels, involving a lit of Shapeways stuff. I don't have the budget. I also have a Russian division plus, mostly '70s era, bought some time ago.

What references are you using? I woyld welcome discussion here. We need more collectors!
All blessings flow from a good mission statement.
Pogo was right. So was Ike.
"A Gentleman is a man who is only rude intentionally." (Churchill)
Give credit. Take responsibility.

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Thanks Panzer. It's a heavy armored division, 1944, based from the Armies of the Second World War book that came with the second edition of Command Decision back in the early 90's. I just figured out how to post pictures, so when I get a chance, I'll take a picture of what I have so far, basically just the headquarters troops and I'm starting on the division trains.

Billy

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

Ooh, the heavy will cost you more, but I'm a big fan of 3rd Armored Division. Is this a one-for-one vehicle and squad stand project, just vehicles, just combat vehicles, or what? I have some references but not TOEs, from that era. You can glean information from the internet and even find field manuLs in pdf format.
All blessings flow from a good mission statement.
Pogo was right. So was Ike.
"A Gentleman is a man who is only rude intentionally." (Churchill)
Give credit. Take responsibility.

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

It’s a squad stand project, there’s no way I could do a whole division stand for stand, money or space, lol. I’ve always liked 2nd armored, I’m making the 2nd SS Panzer in tandem with this project. The book is for a war game rule set, so the TO&E is probably close I’d assume, but probably not exact. IDK, I’m far from an aficionado on division set up, just fun learning as I go, and it’s a good parallel for my passion for history reading. Maybe since I bounce around with all kinds of different projects, I’ll start a thread like others have done where I can just post all of my projects in one place.

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

Do you paint micronauts stuff?

Flight Deck Decals
E5

Post by Flight Deck Decals »

Hi Beagle! Nice to meet you! Would love to see some pics. I actually got some help on how to post pictures so I can empathize as the struggle was real...

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Thanks guys, I do paint Micronauts, I just figured out this morning how to post pictures, so I started a new thread to put my stuff. Flight deck, I love your products, I think I may have paid your mortgage over the years, lol.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Welcome aboard Beagle! Your ships look fantastic! Please keep posting them...they inspire those of us who are struggling with the hobby!
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

Guroburov
E5

Post by Guroburov »

Welcome, Beagle. Loving the pics.