Bills stuff

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

BurtWolf
E5

Re: Bills stuff

Post by BurtWolf »

Probably not necessary, but just curious if you or anyone doing naval wargaming does a sinking ship marker … bow up at an angle etc? I use destroyed tank markers because I just like the quasi-** CENSORED ** post battle.

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

I have a few destroyers that I don’t need, and I’ve thought of cutting them at random angle, bow up with a slight list, but I’ve never seemed to get around to it, it’s never been high on the priority list. I can’t justify doing it with a bigger ship that costs 15-20$, so easier and cheaper to use a piece of dowel or something similar.

PolishGI
E5

Post by PolishGI »

Beagle wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:23 pm
Thanks for all of the inquiries and sorry for ghosting. I got a bit fed up with the site being down every time I was going to post something, so I found other things to do, like watching more soccer and motorsport. Plus I’ve been spending more time on my 28s and plastic models and not Micronauts lately. Also, the weather is getting nice so I’ve been outside a lot more.

Good stuff Bill! I noticed that as well with the site being hit or miss. Soccer and motorsport is good! Gearing up for Le Mans here tomorrow myself!
Image Charlie don't surf!
"Don't do things by half."
GHQ BUILD THREAD

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Hello everyone!! I'm still alive, but it seems like Flickr has changed since the last time I posted. You used to click on the BCC link tab for forums to cut and paste it, but what do you do now??? I was going to share some photos of what I've been up to, some 28s, and getting close to finishing some carriers. Regaining my mojo.

Mortis57
E5

Post by Mortis57 »

I had a quick look at Flickr but I couldn't find an option for BBCode links (which doesn't mean that there isn't one). I've been using imgbb.com since Photobucket removed (or at least hamstrung) it's free version.

I've yet (fingers crossed) to have a problem with imgbb.com. It must be said that I just upload my images and grab the links rather than uploading images to a personal account so the links may only be temporary - I haven't actually looked into that.

Begemot
E5

Post by Begemot »

The Flickr Share feature is not available in all browsers. See here for supported browsers: https://www.flickrhelp.com/hc/en-us/art ... for-Flickr

I currently use Opera as my preferred browser, but have to use Microsoft Edge to get the photo Share function to appear in the Flickr application. It sucks, but the customer doesn't count anymore.

Begemot
The summer grasses.
For many brave warriors
The aftermath of dreams.
--- Basho

Please visit my website "Lair of the Begemot": (https://lairbegemot.blogspot.com)

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Ok, I couldn't figure Flickr out anymore, and frankly stopped caring, so lets see if I can get the site Mortis suggested to work.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

HEY HEY!! It worked!! Thanks Mortis!
Some of my 28s I've been working on, WWII British. I've also been busy with some ACW, AWI, ancient Greeks, among others. Like I said, I have a two GHQ carriers I'm getting close to finishing, Sangamon and Lexington. The Lex I attempted to modify to backdate it to a prewar-ish look, its a little hard to file that small of detail off without risking damaging the model.

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Your WWII British look excellent, Bill! Welcome back to posting some of your fine work here.

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Beagle,
Incredible, those infantry look great!
Chris

Mortis57
E5

Post by Mortis57 »

Beagle wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:09 am
HEY HEY!! It worked!! Thanks Mortis!
You're welcome - glad it was of some use.

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Thanks for the kind words Pete and Chris.

Thanks for the help Mortis.

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

In my quest to replace the paper markers for Micronauts with more realistic markers, I made some 'torpedo launch' markers. I think they fit the purpose and are better looking than the arrows provided with the game.

ImageImage

I made them the same dimensions as the ones GHQ provides in the front page of the book, to keep it simple. Any suggestions?
I'm a firm believer that scenery can make or break games, and I don't why naval games should be any different.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Welcome back Bill! Fantastic work on those infantry and ships! We have been going through Beagle Withdrawals from not seeing your work posted!
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Thanks a lot Red!

And the USS Sangamon....
ImageImageImageImage

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »