Bills stuff

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

BurtWolf
E5

Re: Bills stuff

Post by BurtWolf »

Like your 250s Bill - I imagine alt version was used until shot up/destroyed this through to the end of the war? That is a tough little model to paint.

I painted a bunch a while back and they came out to dark because of the wash. Have to strip em and redo em…

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Thanks a lot Burt. I have a Pen and Sword book of The Waffen SS on the Western Front, and there is a picture of a 250 alt in Italy in ‘44, so I can’t see a reason why some weren’t in France possibly. When I paint German equipment, they always start dark with the wash, but I rely on dry brushing to counter it, with the right color and the right touch, it comes out well.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Your ships are fantastic Bill! I'm lost when you talk about vertical colors and horizontal colors, but they look so good it doesn't even matter!
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Thanks a lot Red. It's all good, when I say vertical colors, I mean on the vertical surfaces, and horizontal I mean basically decks and turret roofs. You can get an idea what I mean by looking at this.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Oh OK - that makes sense! Still looks really complicated though! Keep the pics of your ships coming. Naval eye candy!

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

CAN DO! I’m working on another CVE right now, USS Kalinin Bay.

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

And here's Bryan the Viking, when he's not out plundering the weak and meager, he enjoys shopping at Abercrombie and Fitch, going to the beach and throwing ragers at the Longhouse.

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Here's a couple German trucks.
The spare tire on the field kitchen trailer has a canvas cover on it, and I'm not gonna lie, I'd seriously thought about painting it yellow with a smiley face on it. There seemed something very Spaceballs about a German 'Have a nice day' spare tire cover. But alas, I knew I'd repaint it after a picture anyway.

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Those trucks look really great, Bill! I enjoy painting trucks almost as much as painting tanks and other AFVs. There were certainly a lot more of them to be sure. Bryan the Viking is also very well done.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Hell yes Bill! Great looking trucks, and then that Bryan fellow looks pretty awesome too!

Do you game with the ancients figures?

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Thanks a lot Pete. Oh how I know about trucks trucks trucks, I’ve been working on supply and support it seems like forever. In fact, I think the only tanks I’ve painted in the near recent are for the backs of Dragon Wagons. I have my half tracks for my German recon, but they ain’t tanks. That’s going to change, I think after a couple more half tracks, I’m going to move on to an armored regiment for my 2nd Armored project just for a change of scenery. I’ll probably start with the supply company, lol.

Thanks Red! Yes I do game with ancients from time to time, but I’m just starting collecting Vikings. I like Barons War(not ancient), SPQR, Mortal Gods, Test of Honor. I’d like to try out Mortem et Gloriam.

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Here is the Recon Battalion's HQ. I made the name plate when I got back from the museum today.

BurtWolf
E5

Post by BurtWolf »

Great trucks Bill, for some reason I’m a sucker for soft skins and I too really like painting them.

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Good looking HQ, better looking than one of my former girlfriends!
Chris

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Here is the command stand for Col. John Brooke's fourth brigade, first division Second Corps.
They are still a little shiny, it didn't really show up with the bare eye, but once the camera flash them it really showed. Guess once the whole brigade is finished, I'll give everything a second coat of dull clear.