Bills stuff

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

redleg
E5

Re: Bills stuff

Post by redleg »

That's spectacular Bill! Every time you post a ACW pic I'm more and more tempted to order some. So far I am resisting, but please keep the pics coming! You're going to post a pic of the full brigade when you're done right?
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Thanks a lot Red. Go for it, it’s lonely back here in the 1860 what with all this modern stuff running around! Yup, I generally post a picture of each stand as I finish, then a group photo of the whole brigade when it’s done. And if the brigade finishes a division like this one will, I’ll do some division shots too.

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Excellent work on the Union command stand, Bill! Lots of very intricate little details I see that are painted very well. Are the figures GHQ, Good Ground, or a combination of the two manufacturers?

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Thanks a lot Pete! The officer, aka Col. Brooke is a little out of focus, but you can kinda see the braiding on his hat. It’s the little things on these fellas that make them pop. It’s hard to see, but the guy marching has a goatee. Usually about half of my Confederates have bare feet. Four are GHQ, and the fellow with his rifle advancing is Good Ground.

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Thanks, Bill! The GHQ and Good Ground figures seem to mix well together. Right now I have a lot of GHQ Civil War figures but no Good Ground. When I actually get ready to paint some, I will consider getting some Good Ground figures to give my stands more variety.

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Finished a couple Sdkfz 250/9's.
And that finishes off another portion of the recon battalion.

BurtWolf
E5

Post by BurtWolf »

Looks great! Now you need some Typhoons to mess up that nice orderly formation!

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Thanks a lot Burt. I have to admit, I’ve wanted to paint some GHQ aircraft for a while, I just haven’t had a need too, but I’ll get around to it one of these days. Maybe some spotter aircraft when I get to the artillery, or I’m starting an airborne division, they’ll need some Waco’s.

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

I just ordered some Union ACW from Pendraken, they make some pretty nice stuff and from what I’ve seen they match up well to GHQ and Cracker Line size wise, although I’ve never actually had them in hand. That being said, this will add even MORE variety to my battle lines!

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Great looking armored car company Bill! And I can't wait to see your new ACW infantry! Keep the pics coming!
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Thanks a lot Red! It’s going to take a little time for the Federal reinforcements to arrive, they cast on order, and they are in the UK, so they won’t be here in time for this brigade. Maybe the second division of Second Corps. I will however have another stand finished tomorrow, along with a couple markers. And I’ve started a US armored regiment. and Kalinin Bay is in work, so I’ll keep busy.

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Very nice work on the Sdkfz 250 halftracks, Bill! I have some in my unpainted collection right now. One more project that will need some attention in the future.

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Thanks a lot Pete. Therein lies the problem with minis, no matter how many we paint, there is never an end in sight, and frankly, I'd have it no other way.

Here is another stand of Federal infantry.
And here are two battlefield markers, first a breakthrough charge modifier,
And this poor fellow, in clearly quite a bit of pain from eating too much salt pork is another disordered marker,
I gave the disordered marker a red shirt, because I'm going to attempt in the next few days to recreate one of my favorite prints from the Civil War with minis, and one of the central figures in the print is a wounded Union soldier in a red shirt, in almost the same pose.

Thanks for looking!!

Extra Crispy
E5

Post by Extra Crispy »

Great stuff all around.
Mark Severin
Owner, Scale Creep Miniatures
Author DeepFriedHappyMice.com

redleg
E5