Bills stuff

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

STS

Re: Bills stuff

Post by STS »

There are some great looking models, especially your ACW models. On another note: I also really like your idea with those mini-biographys on the bottom of your 1/2400 ships. I might have to steal that. :)

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

STS, thanks a lot. Go right ahead, steal away, lol.

Finished another stand of Union infantry. I have a better camera, but for some reason, the photos save to the card, but when I put the card in the laptop the pictures don't show up to download. I'd never had that problem using that camera in the past, I'll have to mess with it later. Thanks for looking!

Billy

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Great looking infantry Bill!
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

Flight Deck Decals
E5

Post by Flight Deck Decals »

Beagle wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:01 am
Absolutely. It’s super easy. Tell you what, I’ll do a picture tutorial on Monday, Tuesday at the latest. I have to work tomorrow, then when I come home my soccer game is on. Monday I’m going to the museum to put a new airplane in the display cabinet, so I’ll take a few pictures of my Midway ships while I’m there and post those too....lots more name signs too, lol.
Also looking forward to this post:-)

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Here's the Midway ships. The last person that had them out of the case didn't put them back in the correct place with the correct signs, so I'll have to fix that sometime when I have more time. I've started replacing the microscopic aircraft with 1/350th aircraft so people can actually see what they are. I think I'm going to do that with my personal collection too. Also, I know the Hornet didn't have B-25's at Midway, but I couldn't resist, plus its fun to see how many people actually notice.

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

WOW!!!!!!!!! Mind blown! Did you build all of those? Spectacular display!

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Thanks Red, yes, I did, build, paint and decal them all.

Here's the tutorial for the signs. First, I print out the labels on regular printer paper.

Next, cut the labels into strips the hight of the badge that on the label with a sharp #11 blade.

Next, cut two pieces of sheet styrene, .040", one just barely wider than the label, then the one for the bottom, the width doesn't really matter as long as it's wide enough to stand up, sometimes I have pieces in the scrap box that work. Once they are cut, cement them together in a T with liquid cement, I use that instead of CA because it fuses the plastic together better and has less of a chance of breaking apart. Let it dry throughly before attaching any labels or you'll probably knock it out of square. If you need help with waiting, enlist a grumpy knight to keep guard. NONE SHALL PASS!

Once its cured, spray the back of the label with a light dusting of spray adhesive, I like 3M super 77. Do it outside, it goes everywhere, and don't use too much, or else when you attach it it will squish out of the sides and make a bloody sticky mess (I know). Wait for on side to dry before trimming and moving to the other side, or else it will either stick to the cutting mat, or it will crinkle on the edges. Again, if you just can't wait, get some friendly para to stand the watch. 'Hold until relieved'

Then just lay it down, trim the edges, and repeat for the other side.

Share with your friends!! Billy

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Dang Bill,
Very nice presentation case. You have a great looking navy, or navies. Love the air planes. Nice look.
Chris

Flight Deck Decals
E5

Post by Flight Deck Decals »

Thank you for sharing!

Guroburov
E5

Post by Guroburov »

Those ships are amazing. Fantastic work. And thanks for the tutorial on making those signs.

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

The ships really look excellent, Bill!

Pete

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Thanks for the kind words! That’s actually not all of the Midway ships. I keep the ships for TF8 and Operation M of the Aleutian part of the campaign upstairs, there isn’t enough room in the case for them all, lol.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Thanks for the tutorial Bill! I really like the signs. I may have to try that!