Bills stuff

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

Beagle
E5

Re: Bills stuff

Post by Beagle »

Alright, well, the wife fell asleep on the couch while we were watching TV, so the battle starts now.
The Confederate infantry starts their advance,
Just reaching the backs of their batteries,
Federal artillery opens counter battery fire,
Rebel artillery, while firing on Union batteries, have suffered severely, two have been totally wrecked and are to be removed from play.Image
But this level of fire has taken its toll on the Union batteries, two are low on ammunition, and Rebel fire has managed to silence them, driving the crews from the guns, meaning they will need to limber and move to the rear for one full turn to rearm and rally.

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

The Rebel infantry have started to advance deeper on the flanks, holding back in the center, partly to keep the remaining artillery unmasked, but also the center infantry doesn't have rough ground to cover to catch up.
Gamble moves his brigade closer to Beagles Crossroads in a march column to be able to be able to respond to a breakthrough.Image
One of the Federal batteries pulled back to rearm and rally
Reb artillery fire has silenced another battery.
Federal artillery, at this point, limbered, and pulled back to reload the caissons, has become desultory.
The Reb infantry on the flanks is starting to reach to wood line, and the real fight is close.

BurtWolf
E5

Post by BurtWolf »

Wow awesome set up! In some ways this Reminds me of those big, beautiful collections of Britains soldiers I used to drool over as a kid.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Fantastic Bill!
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Great looking stuff, Bill!

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

The Confederates have managed to reach the wall in the center, they were driven back on the left, but on the right briefly drove the Federals from the works, but the Union was able to regain the position. Casualties are starting to stack up pretty high for the Rebs, I'm getting ready to start the 5th of 10 turns, but I'm not sure how much steam this assault has left without getting apocalyptic.

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Really great looking miniatures and terrain, Bill! I love seeing it all put together.

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Thanks a lot Pete. Normally I’d take a little more time with the terrain, like ground foam along the roads to blend them in, more fields and fences and stuff, but like I said, I’m under a little heat to put my s**t away, lol. I need my own clubhouse, lol.

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Bill, very good stuff. Basement, clubhouse… I highly recommend.
Nice painting of the figures and good looking terrain.
Chris

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

The suspense is killing me Bill! What happened next???? Great looking battle!

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Thanks a lot Chris, Red. I’m working on finishing, Premier League and football distracted me all weekend.

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

The Rebs try another attempt at the Federal works, mounting the breastworks, hat on sword.
But alas, the assault was again rebuffed with casualties,
On the Union turn, both of the Confederate flanks were turned in and basically crushed, and now, even with decent numbers in the center still, the main attack has no chance off succeeding without turning into a shooting gallery.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

That's awesome Bill! Do it again! Tell your wife that you need to do another battle - the guys on the forum are counting on you!

Spectacular troops and terrain. You make it look easy to throw a quick game together!

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Great looking game, Bill! It is interesting watching the battle develop.

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Thanks a lot guys! Pete, that is so much of the fun of wargaming, watching events unfold, and complete unpredictability of the dice screwing things up! Its been a while since I've update, but Ive been sidetracked on other models that are quite so miniature. But......
"How did you get those pennant numbers so precise on the hulls???" I can hear you saying, "that's some amazing painting!" I didn't, those are the new, incredible decals for Torpilluers and Contre-Torilluers from FDD, an amazing product as always for an under modelled subject, they just wouldn't look right without those large numbers on the sides, and painting them would just be the same. Now I need to paint last two in the pack with green stripes on the aft funnel to finish out 10DCT, Le Malin X102 and Le Terrible X103.