Bills stuff

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

Beagle
E5

Re: Bills stuff

Post by Beagle »

Polish, I've always used micro-sol on my model aircraft, I've honestly never tried anything else, guess its one of those 'if it ain't broke' situations.

I posted these in a different thread this morning for a test when I was figuring out how to post pictures, figure I'll put them where they belong.

Guroburov
E5

Post by Guroburov »

Bill, thanks for the info on how you put those decals on. And about using Elmers to attach planes. I'd been wondering about that myself.

Those ships and vehicles are amazing! I love the detail. My stuff won't look anywhere near that good but now I'm excited to work with the decals I've got.

PolishGI
E5

Post by PolishGI »

Beagle wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:40 am
Polish, I've always used micro-sol on my model aircraft, I've honestly never tried anything else, guess its one of those 'if it ain't broke' situations.

I posted these in a different thread this morning for a test when I was figuring out how to post pictures, figure I'll put them where they belong.

I totally understand that! lol Then dont fix it... it aint broken... lol

Anymore eye candy? lol
Image Charlie don't surf!
"Don't do things by half."
GHQ BUILD THREAD

Flight Deck Decals
E5

Post by Flight Deck Decals »

Hoth_902 wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:06 am
Bill,

This is exactly what I needed. I have not built models that required decals in years. Even then, I was never taught about clear coats before decals. So with that said,

1. Clear Coat and then let dry
2. Once Dry put micro set the next day to let it snug down.
3. Once apply clear coat to the top of decal
4. glue down planes.

How well does elmers glue work? and it dries clear?

Hoth,

Did you read the directions I put in the bag with the decal? :-) LOL! Beagle nailed the process though! Tip on the aircraft. DO NOT USE Super Glue. Use Elmers PVG clear as Beagle suggests or a UV glue. If you like I can send you a link to some info on UV. Just shoot me a PM or email me.

Beagle - Awesome work!

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Flight Deck Decals wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:04 am
Hoth_902 wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:06 am
Bill,

This is exactly what I needed. I have not built models that required decals in years. Even then, I was never taught about clear coats before decals. So with that said,

1. Clear Coat and then let dry
2. Once Dry put micro set the next day to let it snug down.
3. Once apply clear coat to the top of decal
4. glue down planes.

How well does elmers glue work? and it dries clear?

Hoth,

Did you read the directions I put in the bag with the decal? :-) LOL! Beagle nailed the process though! Tip on the aircraft. DO NOT USE Super Glue. Use Elmers PVG clear as Beagle suggests or a UV glue. If you like I can send you a link to some info on UV. Just shoot me a PM or email me.

Beagle - Awesome work!
Dan,

To be perfectly honest, I don’t read the instructions either, lmao! :D But I have around 30 years of model building, so that helps some. The best tool for applying decals is patients and soft touch, take your time, breath deep, don’t ham fist it, and once they are on, walk away and give them plenty of time to dry and set.

Billy

Flight Deck Decals
E5

LOL! I had to install replacement dishwasher today. My wife walked in while I was exercising my colorful vocab. Was trying to figure out how to attach the toe kick plate. She asked me if I checked the instructions. I told her it was not my first dishwasher installation rodeo. That she could check them but she would need to go down to the curb. Wednesdays are trash pickup day. :lol:
Last edited by Flight Deck Decals on Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Flight Deck Decals
E5

She did go down and pull them out. Then she showed me how to do it correctly.... :oops:

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

The cavalry is Devins brigade of Bufords division. I'm working on Gambles brigade now.

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

Maybe your wife and mine are related... You and I approach a directions the same way. Musr be chromosomal. I don't know what sin your wife committed as a littke girl, but mine used to light matches in her closet when she was little. For that, she was assigned to take care of me for the rest of her life.
All blessings flow from a good mission statement.
Pogo was right. So was Ike.
"A Gentleman is a man who is only rude intentionally." (Churchill)
Give credit. Take responsibility.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Beautiful work, Bill!
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

BurtWolf
E5

Post by BurtWolf »

Fantastic stuff!! Someone should post a naval AAR soon!

PolishGI
E5

Post by PolishGI »

BurtWolf wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:52 pm
Fantastic stuff!! Someone should post a naval AAR soon!
Good call Burt! That is one thing we do not often see... Naval AARs... lol Coral Sea... Midway... anything! lol
Image Charlie don't surf!
"Don't do things by half."
GHQ BUILD THREAD

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Here's some more of my previously finished stuff. The 2nd Armored and the Das Reich projects I was talking about. The random deuce and halfs in the back of 2nd Armored are the start of the quartermaster company. I wish GHQ put more truck with machine gun pulpits in the packs. I haven't been painting much today, I've been focusing on finishing up a model airplane, the thousands of little touch ups and random final touches it takes to complete one are so time consuming. Thanks for looking!

Billy

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

And here is some more of my ACW stuff, Penders Division of A.P. Hills Corps.