Bills stuff

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

pmskaar
E5

Re: Bills stuff

Post by pmskaar »

Thanks, Bill!

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

I use Fire & Fury brigade level rules, so an infantry base is one inch wide by three quarters deep. One stand is about 150 soldiers.

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

This is a shield for a 28mm, how does the 'wood grain' look? I normally use a lighter base coat when I make wood grain on different things, but since this is a shield I wanted to make it look like oak, like its heavy, but I feel like its too dark in this scale to really see it, it kinda just looks brown.

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

My newest Micronaut, this one for my Taffy 3 project. Camouflage is measure 31/1D.
The model had a really nasty step that ran length of the hull, and was particularly bad towards the bow, or course where the curvature made it really difficult to try and smooth out without destroying the shape of the ship. I think I got it for the most part, and fortunately the black camo helps hid it a little. Now on to Ledbury.

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

And here's some more Confederates....

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Zee Germans are coming!!
My dullcote is drying with a little but of a satin finish, and I think its due to the humidity in the garage this time of year, where I have to spray it, kind of annoying having shiny army men.

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Your Germans look great, Bill! Hopefully you can get the sheen off.

I spray my Dullcoat out of my airbrush as it gives me more control. Occasionally, I have had an issue with some slight sheen. For me, the answer has been to change out the old Dullcoat and mix up a new batch. That has always solved the problem for me.

Here in Arizona, we don't get really high humidity.

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Yeah, I don’t load up the airbrush for my minis, it’s so much quicker to use a spray can. Plus I airbrush wi Mr Color, and and the dull cote is kinda hard to get, I usually have to order it online, so I try to only use it on my models. I just got a new can of Tamiya, so maybe that will work better, it not, the next time I spray a model. I’ll get the minis that have a little sheen and give them a once over while I’m at it.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Great work on all of your minis Bill! It's crazy how you can be that good on ships and 6mm infantry and 10mm infantry, and knights, and buildings.....
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

HAHAHA, thanks Red, I don't like to pigeon hole myself, lol. Speaking of knights, here's Randy.
Not actually a knight, he's a foot sergeant, the latest addition to the Trailer Park Knights. Thanks for looking!!!

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Very nice work on the Medieval footsoldier, Bill! What scale is that?

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Thanks Pete. 28mm, it’s from Footsore minis, their Barons War line.

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Thanks, Bill! I have no 28mm minis of my own but it is always fun to see what others are doing. I feel I have enough to keep me busy for a very long time in the painting department. My main miniature interests are 1/285th and 6mm WWII and Cold War era Modern, 10mm Civil War although I have yet to finish a unit, 1/2400 WWI and WWII naval and1/1200 Civil War naval although nothing painted yet. I also have some 1/600th Civil War naval - Monitor vs Virginia from Thoroughbred.

I have a wide interest in different historical periods but need to focus on a few in order to get those done.

Pete

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

I really enjoy painting 28s because you can get more detail on them, plus I enjoy 28mm war gaming, there are some awesome skirmish games out there.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Wait....did you paint Randy's teeth???? That's a fantastic paint job!
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com