Bills stuff

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

Beagle
E5

Re: Bills stuff

Post by Beagle »

Thanks Red.

Here is the latest Micronaut. Thanks to FDD for another great deck decal.
Fanshaw Bay in measure 32/4a. I was a little intimidated going in painting this one, being that the measure 32 is feathered, and I wasn't sure how easy the dry brushing was going to be in this scale in those fine of line to replicate it, but it ended up being surprisingly easy. Now I just have to paint Kitkun Bay and Kalinin Bay and I'll have all of the CVE's of Taffy 3. But first, I'm going to venture out to a micronaut of another nationality, I have no idea what, I'll have to dig through my rack and see what I have. Thanks for looking!

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

That's amazing Bill! It looks like you used an air brush - you did the camo with a brush?
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Excellent work on the CVE Fanshaw Bay, Bill! I think you got the feathering right although getting the graded look is difficult to do. You definitely pulled it off with this one.

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Thanks Red, thanks Pete, appreciate it.

Red, I do all my GHQ painting with a brush except for priming and the final flat clear coat, those are spray cans. I just can’t bring myself to load up the airbrush for something so small, besides, I do all my airbrushing on my models with Mr Color and Alclad lacquer based paints, and very rarely enamel. All of my minis are painted with acrylic, which I never spray. It just take a soft brush with basically no paint on it, and a light feathered touch to lightly build up layers until you get the effect you want, it’s always easier to add more than to undo too much.

BurtWolf
E5

Post by BurtWolf »

Wow Bill that looks awesome! I imagine it took you a few years to hone your skills on those micronauts. Got any naval games you can post? I’d love to see your stuff in action!

DeadLlama

Post by DeadLlama »

The infantry and carrier look sick. Really love the colors.

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Thanks Burt, thanks Llama. Yeah, it took some time time and less than stellar results over the years to practice, and I’m still never really happy at times, I always find stuff I should have done better. I haven’t played micronauts in a few years, and unfortunately I didn’t take any pictures, but I can tell you that British won the Battle of Denmark Straight with only some minor damage to Hood. I’m trying to decide if my next ship is going to me WWII Emden, HMS Arethusa, or a WWI ship.

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

So I let my wife pick my next micronaut, and she picked the Great War HMS Royal Oak. I’ll have to do some research on her to see if I can pin down a color instead of a SWAG.

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Also, because I’m apparently not smart, I bought some U.S. paratroopers with my last order, thinking I could start another division project, the 82nd. I don’t know where I’d have have the room or the time to juggle that with all of the other flaming bowling pins I have in the air, lol.

PolishGI
E5

Post by PolishGI »

Beagle wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:35 am
Also, because I’m apparently not smart, I bought some U.S. paratroopers with my last order, thinking I could start another division project, the 82nd. I don’t know where I’d have have the room or the time to juggle that with all of the other flaming bowling pins I have in the air, lol.
I'm picking up what you are putting down! lol
Image Charlie don't surf!
"Don't do things by half."
GHQ BUILD THREAD

DeadLlama

Post by DeadLlama »

What kind of flock material are using for your ground bases if you don't mind me asking?

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Bill, beautiful ships!
Chris

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Thanks Chris. Llama, I use Woodland Scenics ground foam.

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

I received my latest GHQ shipment, so I back tracked a little and painted the limber stand for the battery I finished a while back.Image

Now back to Armisteads Brigade.

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Your Limber looks great, Bill! Very nicely done on the horses and outrider as well.

I actually have a fair amount of the GHQ 10mm Civil War troops, probably at least enough to do a small battle. I may consider buying a few Good Ground miniatures to add a little variety to the poses as you have. I still have a lot of WWII and Cold War items in 1/285th scale to do first.

Thanks for posting this!