Bills stuff

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

Beagle
E5

Re: Bills stuff

Post by Beagle »

Thanks Pete. So I tend to keep a few GHQ projects going at once so I don’t get burned out on one thing. I usually have one or two WWII vehicles, one stand of ACW something, and a micronaut. That way I can kind of rotate and don’t fry myself out painting the same things over and over and over.

DeadLlama

Post by DeadLlama »

Thanks Beagle. That sites terrain material is out of control for how real some of it looks.

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Hi Bill

I too have several projects going at once. If I look at my "started" pile, I actually have quite a few things already going including WWII and Modern era tanks, other vehicles, and infantry in the queue as well as a number of WWI and WWII ships that were begun over 10 years ago and need to get into the "done" column.

I just finished up 12 M4A1 Shermans so now it is time to look at what else I want to work on.

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Geez, I would loose my mind if I had a project on the table for 10 years, my OCD would go on overdrive, lol.

Finished a jeep and a machine shop van.
Oops, just realized when I looked at the photos I got some ground foam on the side of the van, looks like I need to do some dusting!!

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Great looking van and jeep there, Bill! I guess I'm not the only one that gets foam on their vehicles and notices after the picture is posted. I had one of my M4A1 Shermans in the picture that had a piece of foam right on the hull applique armor. Oh well.

Brigade Commander
E5

Post by Brigade Commander »

pmskaar wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:37 am
Great looking van and jeep there, Bill! I guess I'm not the only one that gets foam on their vehicles and notices after the picture is posted. I had one of my M4A1 Shermans in the picture that had a piece of foam right on the hull applique armor. Oh well.
Looks like they just finished a flanking move through foliage.
"It is a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the road and, if you do not keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to."

Bilbo Baggins to Frodo Baggins.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Great looking vehicles Bill! I like the look - there are always bushes and branches and random bits of earth stuck to vehicles when they're in the field. Oh and little bits of concertina wire...or was that just my driver that seemed to get us stuck in the wire at night?
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

Brigade Commander
E5

Post by Brigade Commander »

redleg wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:46 pm
Great looking vehicles Bill! I like the look - there are always bushes and branches and random bits of earth stuck to vehicles when they're in the field. Oh and little bits of concertina wire...or was that just my driver that seemed to get us stuck in the wire at night?
I am guessing the exasperated tone in Redleg's voice when you hear: "Really?..", "Again?!" is matched by the totally exasperated look on his face. The snickering in the background from the rest of the team certainly added to the am*bience of the moment. :lol:

Why in the world would a m b i e n c e get censored? Who writes this stuff??
"It is a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the road and, if you do not keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to."

Bilbo Baggins to Frodo Baggins.

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Bill, really good stuff. Nice affect.
Chris

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Thanks for the comments guys. Red, sometimes you gotta fly it like you stole it, lol.

Just finished a stand of confederates.

I still pictures too close, I need to stop doing that.

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Hi Bill! Your Confederate infantry looks great. There is a lot of variety of poses and uniforms in that mix. Well done!

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Thanks Pete. Rebs take quite a bit longer to paint, because I put a little effort into trying to make no two look the same. I paint my ACW one stand at a time, five soldiers, so for the confederates I use five random earth tones. Let’s see if I can explain this a little to make sense. I use one color for three soldiers, first pants, next jacket, next hat. New color, pants, next jacket, next hat. New color. Keep repeating. After I think five rounds all five are ‘dressed’ and no two are are the same. It’s a little bit of a pain at the end when it’s time for touch ups and I have to break out five different colors for spot painting, but such is life. From time time to time I give some a Federal blue coat or pants like a captured uniform, and quite often my rebels have bare feet.

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Hi Bill! Yes Rebs do take a bit longer for the reasons you have specified. While with Union troops you might have a few small variations in uniform color, with the Confederates you really have a wide range of possibilities.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Great work Bill!
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Dos deuce and a half's.

Maybe one of these days I'll paint something American with a gun larger than a .50 cal, lol.
Thanks for looking!