Bills stuff

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

Hoth_902
E5

Re: Bills stuff

Post by Hoth_902 »

Beagle,

What type of brush do you do to paint the fine lines and stuff like belts and trim?
Quantity has a Quality all its own.

http://warriorbear.weebly.com/

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Hoth_902 wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:00 am
Beagle,

What type of brush do you do to paint the fine lines and stuff like belts and trim?
After the figures are primed, and faces and hands painted, I paint all of the webbing with a base coat of flat black, no matter what the final color will be with maybe a 5/0 brush. That acts as pre-shade. Then I paint the final colors for webbing with a 10/0, making sure the paint is thin enough to level, but not to thin run. The pre-shading isn’t really a thing on the Union soldiers because the webbing is black anyway, but it shows good on the British grenadiers.

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Here's something to give the Boche a headache, a WWI BEF 60lbs field gun. Something a little different, I picked this up from Pendraken when I bought some more ACW, on a whim. I love reading about WWI, so I figure why not. I don't know of any 10mm Great War rules, I don't even know if gaming it would be feasible, the table would be huge, but I absolutely see myself painting more just for the fun of collecting! I also picked up a pack of Vickers MG teams, so those will be getting painted soon.

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

And USS Radford.....

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Spectacular work Bill! That's a great looking ship, but that field gun is especially fantastical! Please keep posting pics of your WW1 work! I have always been Iinterested in WW1 but never played a game or painted any miniatures. I assume these are for your personal collection and not museum bound?
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Thanks a lot Red. Yeah, the Great War stuff and Radford are going to stay home. The WWI stuff was so much fun to paint, and such a nice break from the normal stuff. I’m going to relearn the Micronauts rules, it’s been a while.

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Bill, that 60lb gun is awesome. Glad I’m not on receiving end.
Chris

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Thanks so much Chris!

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

That is some fine painting on the 10mm WWI artillery piece and the Radford, Bill!

Although I have no plans to get into WWI at 10mm, if GHQ decided to do a 1/285th scale WWI line I might possibly consider. I did really like your Pendraken AWI figures and may decide to get some. Of course I already have tons of WWII and Cold War era stuff to paint so what am I talking about.

I need to get back to painting ships again one of these days. Your work is inspiring and I certainly have lots of ships laying around needing some attention. One of these days....

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Thanks a lot Pete! I like the 10mm WWI for collecting since they have a little more detail than 6mm would, and their line is absolutely massive. I’m actually working on last four AWI figures to round out a stand right now, so there will be a little more to follow on that soon, then I need to switch back to ACW for awhile. The ships that you’ve posted in the past have been awesome, I’d like to see you get back into it, at least for a couple, there isn’t that many ship painters out there. I have another Fletcher and a few carriers in the works.

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

And here is a Vickers crew. Maybe next time I do an ACW game, I'll place these guys in some bushes and see if they get noticed.Image

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Brtrtrtrtrtrtrtrt…..
Cool, hot barrel.
Chris

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Thanks Chris!

BurtWolf
E5

Post by BurtWolf »

Great job on cool looking field gun - wish GHQ had a WW1 line up.

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Thanks so much Burt!