Dead Llama Studio

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

DeadLlama

Re: Dead Llama Studio

Post by DeadLlama »

Some DD Sherman's almost complete.

Beagle
E5

Post by Beagle »

Nice job on the DDs

BurtWolf
E5

Post by BurtWolf »

Looking real good!

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Very nice!
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

DeadLlama

Post by DeadLlama »

Made with google maps again. Preview of a second map I can finish and get out quickly before the Omaha one is Singling France (Dec 44) found in the GHQ Abrams Folly mission. Seems like a decent intro mission with a good terrain layout. Might need to add different thicknesses to the topography lines to better show a climb in elevation as this map has a 100m difference. It's kind of crazy to see how the Allies went from planning D-Day just to transition into a human and bureaucratic meat-grinder 5-6 months later.

pmskaar
E5

Post by pmskaar »

Nice work on the DD tanks, Dead Llama! It is also interesting to see the images of various battlefields as well. Thanks!

DeadLlama

Post by DeadLlama »

Thanks pmskaar. In about 2 weeks the above battlefield should be finished and printable as a usable battle map. The scenario can be found in GHQ's 2002 tac news under Abrams Folly. The Omaha one will probably take me a month since the order of battle is a mess to put together halfway from scratch for both nations.

DeadLlama

Post by DeadLlama »

added elevation numbers. Could someone be kind enough to reiterate how the terrain elevation LOS works for this game particularly spotting units a few elevation layers down. I see in the rules that a unit is visible and can spot if it is on or adjacent to a crest/gentle slope but how does that work for multiple elevation layers? I read terrain is represented in 10m increments so that's what I based the topography on. To make it more confusing the scenario rules state that "Units located behind the crest of elevated terrain cannot sight units that are located against the slope. The blind area is as wide as ½ the distance the sighting unit is behind the crest. This applies to all lower elevation slopes."

Any input is helpful and I appreciate it.

DeadLlama

Post by DeadLlama »

Maybe figured it out after looking at topography from a 400m hex size perspective. I changed the board to only have 3 levels with the thick topography lines representing a change in level and a thin line below that level to indicate where the slope starts.

Flight Deck Decals
E5

Post by Flight Deck Decals »

This is great! Thank you for sharing!

DeadLlama

Post by DeadLlama »

Ver1 of Singling map complete. File can be found here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ay679241 ... 1.zip/file

Looking forward to play-testing this week. Any feedback or suggestions are helpful. I added a few terrain tags but they are merely suggestions and up to the players what each of the terrain hexes represent.

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Very nice! I'm anxious to hear how your play testing goes!
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

BurtWolf
E5

Post by BurtWolf »

Yes I hope you post some shots of your play testing and provide some details about how it went. Very cool project and hope you have fun with it.

PolishGI
E5

Post by PolishGI »

Thats pretty slick.
Image Charlie don't surf!
"Don't do things by half."
GHQ BUILD THREAD

DeadLlama

Post by DeadLlama »

Some pics of a recent commission. It's Axis and Allies but same scale as Micro Armor. Really looking forward to painting some GHQ stuff when I have the time. Thanks for the encouragement and interest in the battle maps. I have a chance to play-test Singling on Friday so I'll be able to add some video of how it goes. I'm kind of surprised there are not that many YouTube videos for this game.