Some questions for my British friends

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

Roger H
E5

Some questions for my British friends

Post by Roger H »

I’m putting together a 1:4 (1 platoon =5-6 vehicle/1 stand =1 section or platoon) rendition of BAOR (or at least the shooting elements of I British Corps at the end of the Cold War and before Options For Change . Have some questions for those who may know .........
1) Did 15 and 49 Brigades in England (who would reinforce BAOR)finally equip with the Saxon like 19 Brigade?
2) Did the armoured regiments equipped still with Chieftains keep the FV438 Swingfires in their AT troops up until the end , or did they convert to the Strikers before OFC ?
3) Did the field artillery regiments that stayed behind in Europe during Granby that were equipped with the M109A2 get M548 ammo tractors or did they get supplied with Stalwarts like the Abbots ?
4) Did the heavy regiments in 1 Artillery Brigade (equipped with M-110 and M107) have M548’s ?
Seems the only references I’ve seen, show the 548 in British use serving the Tracked Rapier batteries exclusively, yet I did see them used to support the M109 and 110 regiments sent over for Granby . Of course I’ve never seen any evidence of the Stalwart ever going to Saudi for Granby .