Stuff GHQ DOES NOT make

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

Mortis57
E5

Re: Stuff GHQ DOES NOT make

Post by Mortis57 »

A bit of an update concerning the M52 SPG. A mate with a Elegoo Saturn has offered to print them for me - not that we've discussed cost yet. I also passed him the STLs for the M44 SPG, Alecto, Valentine Bridgelayer, M45 (support tank based on the M26 Pershing), and Landwasserschlepper (yes I know GHQ does one ). The plan is to print the following:

12x M44
18x M52
3x Valentine Bridgelayer with 3 stowed bridges and 3 deployed bridges.
4x Alecto
1x M45
2x M26 (I'm hoping that the M45 is of similar size to my GHQ M26s but decided to have the whole CHQ as printed models)
3x Landwasserschlepper - full hull
3x Landwasserschlepper - waterline

MechCommander
E5

Post by MechCommander »

I’m interested in seeing the Manned Torpedos from British and Italy for WW2

Brigade Commander
E5

Post by Brigade Commander »

One of the vehicles I am having to work out how to build is the M-1015. It is a M-548 with a shelter in the back for either the AN / MLQ-24 TACJAM or AN / TSQ-138 Trailblazer Direction Finding systems. I can get open bed M-548s from Shapeways. I am already substituting Shapeways (Masters of Military) M-934 5-ton vans for M-923A2 5-ton trucks with shelters mounted on them. As I continue to work through what TO&E information I have on the MI Battalion in the mid-80s I will resolve how many are needed. Right now it appears to be around ten. I was hoping to find something small enough to fit the bed that looked close to being a shelter. Hoping someone has seen something that might be close.
"It is a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the road and, if you do not keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to."

Bilbo Baggins to Frodo Baggins.

Roger H
E5

Post by Roger H »

I kind of cheesed out for my scratchbuild for my MI battalion
I took the regular old GHQ M548 and glued the launcher pod from the HIMARS model on top of the rear bed canvas cover . I then used putty to fill the seams , sanded flat , painted her plain OD green for the EW “pod “ and MERDC European Winter Brown/ Green for the vehicle itself and it looks pretty convincing as an EW vehicle ( way more so than the BMP VISMOD they made from the Sheridan out at the NTC)

panzergator
E5

Post by panzergator »

I should have been watching more closely. Back when the Legions for Hire was CinC, the M548 came with separate canvas. Likely cheaper than Shapeways.
All blessings flow from a good mission statement.
Pogo was right. So was Ike.
"A Gentleman is a man who is only rude intentionally." (Churchill)
Give credit. Take responsibility.

Brigade Commander
E5

Post by Brigade Commander »

Thank you Roger. I will have to look at that! Part of me wanted to get enough XM-4s from Shapeways and add some whip antennas and call them XM-5s. But when you are modelling when M-2s / M-3s are relatively new...
"It is a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the road and, if you do not keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to."

Bilbo Baggins to Frodo Baggins.

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Roger,
Could you please share a picture of your conversion? Would love to see what you have created.
Chris

redleg
E5

Post by redleg »

Brigade Commander sends word that the long awaited pump and tank units for trucks from the 80s and 90s are now available! Masters of Military on Shapeways is now producing them. I will see if I can get a couple pics of them to post once he has the pump & tank units in hand.
Redleg's Website: micropope.webstarts.com

Roger H
E5

Post by Roger H »

Chris ,
I can’t seem to be able to load a picture on this forum site . Got any other way I can shoot a picture of my TAC JAM model to you?
Roger

chrisswim
E5

Post by chrisswim »

Yes, I’ll post it.
Chris