1/300 or 1/285 boeing C-17 globemaster III

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

1ComOpsCtr
E5

Post by 1ComOpsCtr »

For those interested I have some line drawings that help with glass placement as well as where to put the nose wheel. I would be happy to forward the same e-mail I sent to Shaun earlier today that has the attachments.

Will
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster." - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche, 1844-1900

1ComOpsCtr
E5

Post by 1ComOpsCtr »

Here is a photograph of the C-17 Globemaster III kit in the process of being detailed.

Note the ramp and its toes have been extended.

I have a set of diagrams that will help anyone who is interested in making their own version of this heavy lifter. There are two line drawings that will help position the cockpit glass (greenhouse?) and some of the panel lines since they are not well defined on the model.

Anyone interested in discussing the adjustments I made to the model can contact me via private e-mail. I will also be happy to supply the drawings mentioned via e-mail to anyone who wishes them.

Will
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster." - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche, 1844-1900

1ComOpsCtr
E5

C-17 kit update

Post by 1ComOpsCtr »

Here is a second photograph of the C-17 in progress.

There are well defined panel lines on the wing, and both the vertical and horizontal tail, but the fuselage requires good brush work or a steady hand with a good lining pen. I prefer a brush, which is what all of the panel lines on this model were completed with to date. :wink:

The winglets require reworking as the items supplied with the kit (metal) are the wrong shape for the non-export version. They have been moved from the original placement in the first picture.

Decals are the only hang-up at the moment, but I am sure I will find what I need in my spares or from one of the current 1/300 scale manufacturers.

Still lots of work ahead, but the aircraft is progressing nicely...

Will