GHQ Ruleset vs The Other Guy's

This is a general forum for all types of posts related to Military models.

Moderators: dnichols, GHQ, Mk 1

GMills
E5

Post by GMills »

Talking about flexible rules... I was day-dreaming about a scenario For a HAMG convention this May where the game theme is "ALLIES". I envision two games 1. WWII 15mm squad-level and 2. ACW 15mm regimental level. Both games begin and run a few turns then game 1. stops. players are told something strange is happening and told to move their pieces over to the game 2 table. Each player is then told that they are involved in the American Civil War and which side would they like to ally with? Will the WWII Germans ally with Union because many of their troops speak German? Will Southern sympathies cause US players to split loyalty? Any way after this resolved they begin to play again for a few turns and then the strangeness begins again... A 15mm castle appears on the battlefield and arrows and musketry fire out of the castle walls at both sides. Upon closer approach to the castle it will be seen that American Indians are manning the walls in brigade strength. Do the North/South/US/Germans ally themselves to fight this common threat? Or Not?
This is training for the commanders to develop adaptive thinking. Being adaptive to changing circumstances. Of course it flows with the game theme of "ALLIES" as well.
TWISTED thinking Huh?

Mobius
E5

Post by Mobius »

jb wrote: ...when I stated my rules evolved,I stated that my mechanism for resolving data is evolving. Yet,I can take say some Romans('scuse I don't a do ancients..) and attack a squad of Iraqi infantry circa today. The Romans won't stand a chance even if
What I was talking about was extending the range of the immediate subject. Like if one does a game on the Korean war they might want to allow for weapons used 5 years before and maybe 10 years after. Something like Modern rules should have expandability built in because there's always going to be more Modern things.

Now that I have rules for warfare in the 30th Century I will have to fill in the little bit of time between then and now.
All your tanks are belong to us.
Panzer War rule system

jb
E5

Post by jb »

...I'm now working on incorporating sci fi into the Panzertruppen system. So far it looks promising. lookout Illinois the Eldars are coming.... :evil: (I need one of Mk1s pointed head thingees..!)
John

Mobius
E5

Post by Mobius »

jb wrote:...I'm now working on incorporating sci fi into the Panzertruppen system. So far it looks promising. lookout Illinois the Eldars are coming.... :evil: (I need one of Mk1s pointed head thingees..!)
Not you too. I re-issued my starship rules but got in a discussion of realistic ship movement. Then I wrote a program to plot realistic rocket movement. That left me wondering about scale. Which I haven't resolved.
http://www.panzer-war.com/Fate/FaD.html
I do have ground combat rules. But since they are 'realistic' they include pretty hefty nukes. So don't bunch up.
All your tanks are belong to us.
Panzer War rule system

jb
E5

Saving...

Post by jb »

BAM!
John

jb
E5

Keeping it alive

Post by jb »

BAM!
John

jb
E5

Post by jb »

Just want to keep it around.......
John

jb
E5

Post by jb »

...just a little longer!
John

Azure

Post by Azure »

I had a couple of questions about the THREAT rules system, if anyone can answer them for me? What modifiers (if any) does reactive armour provide? Also, what (if any) are the movement modifiers/ penalties for uneven terrain, woods, marshy ground? And lastly, where on the "armour category" chart does the T-90 fall? In the "2" column with the T-80? Any help in these areas, or maybe house rules that people have adopted for things like this, would be great!
From model tanks to model railroading back to TINY model tanks...they just keep getting smaller

jb
E5

Post by jb »

BAM!
John